Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »
    The update just now - "Conquest energy now has a soft cap of 200." How was it before? Was it a hard cap of 144? Or a soft one at that point?

It was capped at 1999 before.
  • Wimma wrote: »
    How does one decide if they should try hard mode? In hindsight I should've removed all data disks and tried the last few nodes to see how my teams would go, but I forgot to.
    I'm over 5M but have no GL, and my top teams (GAS, GR, DR, Empire etc) are only ~120k worth, so no massive arena team to carry me.
    The rewards for sector 1 in hard look better than completing normal mode (more Razor Crest shards anyway) so perhaps I only need to use my best team a few times a day to get through, IF I can get through, sector 1. Could do this if I had a GL to brute force it.
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    Would be a frustrating epic waste if I try hard but cannot even get to the first box!!

Did it feel stupidly easy to you? I never even used my GL in normal. did the whole event with mostly Padme but also Geos, CLS, DRevs + sith and JKR + jedi for various feats. Obviously sector 1 was obscenely easy, but if 5 felt easy for you then maybe it's worth the punt.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Did it feel stupidly easy to you? I never even used my GL in normal. did the whole event with mostly Padme but also Geos, CLS, DRevs + sith and JKR + jedi for various feats. Obviously sector 1 was obscenely easy, but if 5 felt easy for you then maybe it's worth the punt.

Not that easy, but fairly comfortable.
    However, by stage 5 I had some great data disks that make a massive difference (add armour shred, fear etc).
    You really only needed 2 or 3 teams for the whole thing, as the stamina refresh was simlar to energy recovery, so didn't need much of a roster. But I'm aware in hard mode that first sector will mostly be without any data disks. That will make a huge difference. Then a fat R5 GL at the end.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Mattysvk wrote: »
    Two things.

I would completely remove modifiers from Conquest. Remember, we have a mode with modifiers and it is called Galactic Challenge. But why use the same concept in different mode? I would rather play with my datadisks and try different strategies - i don´t want to bother with sometimes insane modifiers like Galactic Republic. It would be more fun to complete feasts that way and not so grindy.

Also, i would completely remove GL from normal mode - even if there will be some easy mode later. GL are highly end game material and only the best should compete with them. I have quite high GP (nearly 3,7 mil), several relic teams and coudn´t beat the 4th sector boss, because i simply don´t have a good counter or another GL - and some of my guildmates with even higher GP had the same problem.

I really don´t think, that a new exciting mode like this should be only for long-term players, this is also a chance to bring new fans to the game. And they don´t want to watch it on YouTube, they want to try it for themselfs and feel good when they manage to win.

i have 4 MioGP an completed every sector.
    couldnt make the best loot box, but the second best.
    enjoyed the first conquest mode a lot and i feel very comfortable for my GP playing normal mode.

i have no GL - just for you to know.
    would be interested in seeing your profile, because i cant see a problem defeating all sector bosses with your GP.
    maybe bad choices developing your roster?

and yes 3.7 or even 4 mio GP are not that high.
  • Thank you for all reactions.

First thing, i don´t disagree that with right and high relic squad you can do it, even with less GP. My point is that is not so easy for everyone and just because some of you are fine with this, it doesn´t mean, that everyone feels the same. My best teams are Padme and Grievous with power around 120 000 and it is sadly not enough. I just stated quite obvious fact - that GL are exlusive high end characters (we have only 4 of them in the game for now and they have relic 7 requirements) and it would make sense to use them only in hard mode, intended for best players. Of course, it´s only my opinion and you have the right to disagree. But again, even new players can play normal mode and try to look at this from their point of a view.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Thank you for all reactions.

First thing, i don´t disagree that with right and high relic squad you can do it, even with less GP. My point is that is not so easy for everyone and just because some of you are fine with this, it doesn´t mean, that everyone feels the same. My best teams are Padme and Grievous with power around 120 000 and it is sadly not enough. I just stated quite obvious fact - that GL are exlusive high end characters (we have only 4 of them in the game for now and they have relic 7 requirements) and it would make sense to use them only in hard mode, intended for best players. Of course, it´s only my opinion and you have the right to disagree. But again, even new players can play normal mode and try to look at this from their point of a view.

Right, but it's been (very) clearly said that this mode is not intended for everyone to finish it.

The entire point of this game mode is to encourage / reward roster development, and give people something to "strive" for themselves.

If it's just "easy" then why continue to have War? Why have the event at all? Why not just hand out crates every 2 weeks?

Game rewards are designed to be worked for / achieved.
  • Mattysvk wrote: »
    Two things.

I would completely remove modifiers from Conquest. Remember, we have a mode with modifiers and it is called Galactic Challenge. But why use the same concept in different mode? I would rather play with my datadisks and try different strategies - i don´t want to bother with sometimes insane modifiers like Galactic Republic. It would be more fun to complete feasts that way and not so grindy.

Also, i would completely remove GL from normal mode - even if there will be some easy mode later. GL are highly end game material and only the best should compete with them. I have quite high GP (nearly 3,7 mil), several relic teams and coudn´t beat the 4th sector boss, because i simply don´t have a good counter or another GL - and some of my guildmates with even higher GP had the same problem.

I really don´t think, that a new exciting mode like this should be only for long-term players, this is also a chance to bring new fans to the game. And they don´t want to watch it on YouTube, they want to try it for themselfs and feel good when they manage to win.

Try matching up different data disks, and maybe optimize on your mods. I managed the entire event, with second best reward chest, and my roster is 2.8 mill with no GL yet. I used a 120k JKR for SEE, and won with 2 stars easily, also won with R3 zDV. I won against JML as well, but that was only cause of data disks. I didnt use a single booster or any other consumable.

The teams i used the most was, JKR, DV, DR, FO.

I also have a F2P alt at 1 mill GP and managed the 4th chest, which i was very satisfied with, so even as a low GP player it was really enjoyable and fairly easy to get good rewards.
  • Thanks for tips.

Anyway about "it's been (very) clearly said that this mode is not intended for everyone to finish it." - i totally get it but i am not the first person who is expressing concerns about difficulty or mentioning easy mode. I am sure, that you noticed that. It was never about me. I am fairfly satisfied that i managed to get crate 5 with my roster - with difficulties but still. It´s about all players and i really think, that everyone deserves to enjoy this mod, even if they didn´t get all crates. Nothing more to say.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I’ve seen 1M GP players do just fine in this event as it is. I understand that there are players below that level who cannot compete, but small amounts of roster development can change that situation for them. By the time an easy mode is introduced, those players who previously asked for it can be prepared for normal mode anyway. As we all know, things take time for them to implement so it’s perhaps a waste of time for the dev team to introduce it at this point.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    It´s about all players and i really think, that everyone deserves to enjoy this mod, even if they didn´t get all crates. Nothing more to say.

Yeah I get that, but I (and game design theory in and of itself) disagree.

Everyone can get a GL as well - some people will get them sooner than others, we don't just give a weaker version of a GL to a newer player - it's a goal to strive for.
  • Question.

I didn't see if this was covered anywhere, but the event was 2 weeks, and after 1 day off I see another is starting.

Is this going to be the normal schedule?

I was thinking after 2 weeks it would be 2 off similar to how other events rotate to only be 1 event a month, TBs, Assault Battles, etc etc.

Will this be a normal feature where its basically running 24/7 all month long?
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Question.

I didn't see if this was covered anywhere, but the event was 2 weeks, and after 1 day off I see another is starting.

Is this going to be the normal schedule?

I was thinking after 2 weeks it would be 2 off similar to how other events rotate to only be 1 event a month, TBs, Assault Battles, etc etc.

Will this be a normal feature where its basically running 24/7 all month long?

Normal schedule is that it starts on the first of the month (queue Bone Thugs), runs for two weeks, and then doesn't run again until the first of the next month.
  • Is there a way to see the rewards tiers for both Normal & Hard modes before you sign up for one?
  • Is there a way to see the rewards tiers for both Normal & Hard modes before you sign up for one?

Yes. If you completed normal last time you can click on each, then click on the reward boxes and scroll through the boxes of each mode before comitting
  • Sector 1 Night Sisters vs Grievous team. Daka can’t revive. Why? There is nothing about this in the mission explanation.
  • mark41279 wrote: »
    Sector 1 Night Sisters vs Grievous team. Daka can’t revive. Why? There is nothing about this in the mission explanation.

you were answered in the other thread. Wat was present? If so, take a time and read his abilities.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • nottenst
    675 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    In Hard Mode Sector 1 - Flawless Victory feat has at least 20 battles won without losing any units. So, in order to do that we are required to do some nodes more than once (I think there are 15 nodes). Good to know right off the bat.
  • Same again ... cleared sectors 1 and 2, no purple discs, other guild members already got 1 in sector 1. On top of this I was offered the same lousy discs over and over again.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    In Hard Mode Sector 1 - Flawless Victory feat has at least 20 battles won without losing any units. So, in order to do that we are required to do some nodes more than once (I think there are 15 nodes). Good to know right off the bat.

You will probably need more than one attempt at the boss fight
  • Schwartzring
    1400 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Same again ... cleared sectors 1 and 2, no purple discs, other guild members already got 1 in sector 1. On top of this I was offered the same lousy discs over and over again.

I was actually wondering about the Discs the first time around.

Are they the same for everyone?

IE. Is the MAP the same for everyone?

I know there are different paths, but I'm wondering if everyone in my guild for instance will see the same 6 discs that I do at the first "Y" in the road of picking paths & what discs are up ahead?

EDIT:

Here are my 1st 6 choices with today's new event on Normal again.

mddbrw7noi3x.png

My thoughts are Quickening, Decay:TM, or Power.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    I was actually wondering about the Discs the first time around.

Are they the same for everyone?

Not the same for me in hard mode. Picked up two 1 star data disks and a 2 star (amplify agony) after the first 3 caches. All crap ones, not fancy blue or purple.
  • I just got my Chewie shards as an apology. Hilariously predictable.
  • Wasn't there a post about them changing Energy Cap from 144 to 200?

Mine is still showing 144. Did I miss something?
  • Wasn't there a post about them changing Energy Cap from 144 to 200?

Mine is still showing 144. Did I miss something?
    It’s the soft energy cap.

If you buy a refresh right now, you’ll hit 264 energy. But you won’t then be able to buy another refresh. Before the change you could have bought more refreshes.

The normal cap for energy that accumulates remains 144.
  • I love this mode but I was hoping every event would have different bosses or else this mode will get stale very fast
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Shuster123 wrote: »
    I love this mode but I was hoping every event would have different bosses or else this mode will get stale very fast

Right now the bosses are the only thing that is static, and the event only runs once a month, with a long break between. Not sure how fast this will go stale...
  • loving the RS g12 gear in hard mode. also finished sector 1 this morning. still enjoying it so far
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Feedback

Ability to check stamina on our toons without having the 15 conquest energy to go into battle
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Tomesz99 wrote: »
    Fyi g11 not realy enoug more like g12+ with not just one team rather like 4-5.

What's your arena team ? Seems odd that with a g12+ arena team + the data disks + the consumables you can purchase with the currency you already gained you got stuck at the middle of sector 1, especially because you can usually choose between 2 opponents. A single g12+ arena team should be enough to aim for the boss battle imo.

My Arena team has only one G12 rest are G11 and one G10. I didnt play to loong this gamr
    Konju wrote: »
    Tomesz99 wrote: »
    HughZ wrote: »
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.

Not to be mean but this mode isn't for you then. The order is Galactic War -> Normal Conquest -> Hard Conquest. Conquest is for end game players with larger rosters and plenty of depth. You don't need relics for sector 1, but you need g11-g12 for sure so your development just isn't ready for this challenge yet. Everything in this game is something to work toward. So just keep at it!

Well you are bit mean..
    My question is then what game mode should be good for players like me?
    Dont come with the galactic war as i already just "sim" it..
    I have 1.2 GP and i stucked at the center of sector 1.
    Im fine with this if we would have a dificulty inteted for a players around 1-1.5 milion.
    Like other games already doing this kind of aproach.

Also please dont say that jut keep at it and other things as in this "fast" world its not really tempting to work 6 months or more to be able to beat sector 1. You will lost your interest as you just will just hit the wall.
    Developers should give you something which you can keep you on the road.

Game modes good for players at your level:
    3/4 raids, 2 Hoth TBs, DS Geo TB, Galactic War, Grand Arena, Squad Arena, Fleet Arena, Galactic Challenges, TWs and Conquest (I truly believe someone at your level can earn the 1st rewards crate). I probably missed some other modes, but this list leaves out events so far as well.

Events good for players at your level:
    Assault Battles, 2 NS events, Ewok event, Marquee events, Journey guide events, mythic events, Capital fleet events, Galactic Bounties and omega battles. Again, there are likely more events to be listed, but this is off the top of my head.

If you can’t stay on the road with all of these to work with, then this may not be the game for you. To farm the characters required is definitely a grind and the longer you do it, the easier it gets. People who farm GLs often spend months farming characters and gear to be able to participate. This is simply an aspect of this game.

I wish you luck in your journey in the game or elsewhere.

Well go in orders.
    I ended up the first one at middle of sector but just because i upgraded 2 caracter to G12 and gave them zeta.
    The new ome seams more hard then the first one
    Back to the events:
    - Both raids (pit and tank) are stimed at my guild.
    - well hotg and geo is nice event but only 1 in a month so its not that offten.
    - tbh i dont know why people are saying galactic war is the easy mode or the entry lvl.. i sim it since weeks. Its nice as give me some credit and other stuff but thats it.

The other events like ewok, assault.. to do it you need characters from them.
    And you mentioned that to get things here is a long term play.
    So either im focusing on bounty hunters/first order/jedi... but in this case i can do just a few mentioned event. Or i try to participate in all but as im not playing even for a 1 year would blow up my progress. So those are not the best examples.
    Omega battles nice but you need months to get enough stuff to a zeta or so.

You mentioned GLs... i would not bring this here as its different if you have a "bigger" roster and you chasing a GL then you just want to reach G12 or G13 with your 2-3 best teams.
    I would gladly have the problem to chase GLs as they are the ones who are missing.

Anyway an easy mode would be good.
  • Tomesz99 wrote: »
    HughZ wrote: »
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.

Not to be mean but this mode isn't for you then. The order is Galactic War -> Normal Conquest -> Hard Conquest. Conquest is for end game players with larger rosters and plenty of depth. You don't need relics for sector 1, but you need g11-g12 for sure so your development just isn't ready for this challenge yet. Everything in this game is something to work toward. So just keep at it!

Well you are bit mean..
    My question is then what game mode should be good for players like me?
    Dont come with the galactic war as i already just "sim" it..
    I have 1.2 GP and i stucked at the center of sector 1.
    Im fine with this if we would have a dificulty inteted for a players around 1-1.5 milion.
    Like other games already doing this kind of aproach.

Also please dont say that jut keep at it and other things as in this "fast" world its not really tempting to work 6 months or more to be able to beat sector 1. You will lost your interest as you just will just hit the wall.
    Developers should give you something which you can keep you on the road.

Everything in this game is a long term grind so I don't see how Galactic Conquest differs from any other aspect of the game. Legendary toons are a grind. Galactic Legends are a grind. TB is a grind. You might not like the answer is War, but that is the answer. CG has been doing a TON of things for newer players; this mode is designed for those of us who've been playing much longer and have larger rosters. Your GP isn't even the soft minimum so your struggle is expected. Would you rather CG just lock you out of being able to participate at all?

And FYI, my G12 (w/g11 Spirit) NS team in my alt cleared relic phoenix in sector 2 so G12 and G11 CAN do it. That same team has been wiping every geonosian team I face.

What war? Galactic war? Dont say this as i mentioned i just stim it..
    So is it fun to click 2 button? I dont thing so.
    Why is it fun to do stim in the event or just autoplay where i reached tier 2-3?
    To go higher its need time i agree. But my problem is there is a big gap between the so called "War" and this event.
    So where is the fun in between? Just log in use all energy and log out. Then do this again. Raids are stimed. So i dont realy fight only at arenas to keep my position. And hoth or geo once a month.

I dont want to take the normal/hard mode from you. You can have it.
    I need another mode which is a copy paste but with a bit reduced difficulty..
    Thats it.
    You can have fun and i can have fun. Thats it.