Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Tomesz99 wrote: »
    HughZ wrote: »
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.

Not to be mean but this mode isn't for you then. The order is Galactic War -> Normal Conquest -> Hard Conquest. Conquest is for end game players with larger rosters and plenty of depth. You don't need relics for sector 1, but you need g11-g12 for sure so your development just isn't ready for this challenge yet. Everything in this game is something to work toward. So just keep at it!

Well you are bit mean..
    My question is then what game mode should be good for players like me?
    Dont come with the galactic war as i already just "sim" it..
    I have 1.2 GP and i stucked at the center of sector 1.
    Fyi g11 not realy enoug more like g12+ with not just one team rather like 4-5.
    Im fine with this if we would have a dificulty inteted for a players around 1-1.5 milion.
    Like other games already doing this kind of aproach.

Also please dont say that jut keep at it and other things as in this "fast" world its not really tempting to work 6 months or more to be able to beat sector 1. You will lost your interest as you just will just hit the wall.
    Developers should give you something which you can keep you on the road.

Everything in this game is a long term grind so I don't see how Galactic Conquest differs from any other aspect of the game. Legendary toons are a grind. Galactic Legends are a grind. TB is a grind. You might not like the answer is War, but that is the answer. CG has been doing a TON of things for newer players; this mode is designed for those of us who've been playing much longer and have larger rosters. Your GP isn't even the soft minimum so your struggle is expected. Would you rather CG just lock you out of being able to participate at all?

And FYI, my G12 (w/g11 Spirit) NS team in my alt cleared relic phoenix in sector 2 so G12 and G11 CAN do it. That same team has been wiping every geonosian team I face.

What war? Galactic war? Dont say this as i mentioned i just stim it..
    So is it fun to click 2 button? I dont thing so.
    Why is it fun to do stim in the event or just autoplay where i reached tier 2-3?
    To go higher its need time i agree. But my problem is there is a big gap between the so called "War" and this event.
    So where is the fun in between? Just log in use all energy and log out. Then do this again. Raids are stimed. So i dont realy fight only at arenas to keep my position. And hoth or geo once a month.

I dont want to take the normal/hard mode from you. You can have it.
    I need another mode which is a copy paste but with a bit reduced difficulty..
    Thats it.
    You can have fun and i can have fun. Thats it.

On my alt, my G12 and lower gear Jedi are already through sector 1. By the time they implement an easy mode, you will be progressing past sector 1 on Normal. Vader also works well in the event.
  • Tomesz99 wrote: »
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.

Not to be mean but this mode isn't for you then. The order is Galactic War -> Normal Conquest -> Hard Conquest. Conquest is for end game players with larger rosters and plenty of depth. You don't need relics for sector 1, but you need g11-g12 for sure so your development just isn't ready for this challenge yet. Everything in this game is something to work toward. So just keep at it!

Well you are bit mean..
    Im fine with this if we would have a dificulty inteted for a players around 1-1.5 milion.

Also please dont say that jut keep at it and other things as in this "fast" world its not really tempting to work 6 months or more to be able to beat sector 1. You will lost your interest as you just will just hit the wall.

Everything in this game is a long term grind so I don't see how Galactic Conquest differs from any other aspect of the game. Legendary toons are a grind. Galactic Legends are a grind. TB is a grind. You might not like the answer is War, but that is the answer. CG has been doing a TON of things for newer players; this mode is designed for those of us who've been playing much longer and have larger rosters. Your GP isn't even the soft minimum so your struggle is expected. Would you rather CG just lock you out of being able to participate at all?

And FYI, my G12 (w/g11 Spirit) NS team in my alt cleared relic phoenix in sector 2 so G12 and G11 CAN do it. That same team has been wiping every geonosian team I face.

Why is it fun to do stim in the event or just autoplay where i reached tier 2-3?
    To go higher its need time i agree. But my problem is there is a big gap between the so called "War" and this event.
    So where is the fun in between? Just log in use all energy and log out. Then do this again. Raids are stimed. So i dont realy fight only at arenas to keep my position. And hoth or geo once a month.

Thats it.

how about you change your play style and quit simming everything then? Why do you have to sim it all? Play the game. Don't sim galactic war. Play it. Play each battle.
  • Playing hard mode and halfway through sector 2, I wanna give some more feedback. I’ll give more once/if I full clear hard:

In terms of playability it’s refreshing to have options on what teams to face in the next slice. I think we could have some more team comps but that’s down the road. For beta it’s a good mix. The difficulty seems fair so far, but I may not be too pleased fighting R8 squads but I’m sure the data disks will help....speaking of

Data disks are a great idea. The theory crafting with them is seemingly endless. You can make so many fun compositions with different combos and make teams like cute little ewoks into true murder bears. But the biggest issue lies on the cost to swap those data disks. I get the desire to make it “costly” and all but you guys capped our conquest currency. Don’t make us spend precious currency to enjoy one of the best parts about this mode. Get rid of the currency cost, or the currency cap.

Rewards: Node rewards are totally fine. The progression between boxes is ok too. Instead of credits maybe amp up the conquest currency or throw in some GET currency. Credits and ship credits are nice but...eh....as for the crates at the end of the event....ok..
    The injectors are great. Always happy to get those. Same with the G12+ and G12 pieces. Even the purple gear like guns, cuffs, mk3 carbs etc. GET RID OF THE MK4 CARBS AND STUN GUNS. In both mods. Yikes.
    As for the amount of gear, I think it’s bad to take so much gear away as you progress to higher boxes. This is a once a month thing so I think giving 2 of each of those gear boxes in the crate while also increasing the amount each gives, slightly, would go a long way. The current relic materials? Needs to be higher. The mk2 mod material is totally fine. Cmon CG, don’t be stingy with the rewards. You guys have a very bad habit of that.

Feats: Give us in battle counters for feats like TM stripping, healing, etc. Nuff said.

Overall I love the game mode. It leaves the door open for future content/character releases, and has the Blueprint for very interesting stuff.
  • So now with conquest out (wonderful game mode) is there a Road ahead in the works? Also a question regarding conquest, I noticed all 5 of the bosses were the same as last conquest, is there going to be variations in bosses or will it always be those 5?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So now with conquest out (wonderful game mode) is there a Road ahead in the works? Also a question regarding conquest, I noticed all 5 of the bosses were the same as last conquest, is there going to be variations in bosses or will it always be those 5?

@CT_Waxer_7777 yes the bosses will be the same, that is designed that way so players have at least some measurable point to build towards, as the other factors will change each time.
  • Ok thanks for the clarification
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Playing hard mode and halfway through sector 2, I wanna give some more feedback. I’ll give more once/if I full clear hard:

In terms of playability it’s refreshing to have options on what teams to face in the next slice. I think we could have some more team comps but that’s down the road. For beta it’s a good mix. The difficulty seems fair so far, but I may not be too pleased fighting R8 squads but I’m sure the data disks will help....speaking of

Data disks are a great idea. The theory crafting with them is seemingly endless. You can make so many fun compositions with different combos and make teams like cute little ewoks into true murder bears. But the biggest issue lies on the cost to swap those data disks. I get the desire to make it “costly” and all but you guys capped our conquest currency. Don’t make us spend precious currency to enjoy one of the best parts about this mode. Get rid of the currency cost, or the currency cap.

Rewards: Node rewards are totally fine. The progression between boxes is ok too. Instead of credits maybe amp up the conquest currency or throw in some GET currency. Credits and ship credits are nice but...eh....as for the crates at the end of the event....ok..
    The injectors are great. Always happy to get those. Same with the G12+ and G12 pieces. Even the purple gear like guns, cuffs, mk3 carbs etc. GET RID OF THE MK4 CARBS AND STUN GUNS. In both mods. Yikes.
    As for the amount of gear, I think it’s bad to take so much gear away as you progress to higher boxes. This is a once a month thing so I think giving 2 of each of those gear boxes in the crate while also increasing the amount each gives, slightly, would go a long way. The current relic materials? Needs to be higher. The mk2 mod material is totally fine. Cmon CG, don’t be stingy with the rewards. You guys have a very bad habit of that.

Feats: Give us in battle counters for feats like TM stripping, healing, etc. Nuff said.

Overall I love the game mode. It leaves the door open for future content/character releases, and has the Blueprint for very interesting stuff.

Solid post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2408 posts Member
    edited March 2021

Well you are bit mean..

Thats it.

At you’re level you’re supposed to struggle at raids, haat included, possibly rancor. It takes time if you’re not in a higher level guild that sim them. So if you offer another time consuming mode on top of that to ‘young accounts’, you would create a resource gap between those engaging everything and others or could risk to burn down players giving them too much to do daily when raids, gac, bt/tw and conquest overlap. Not sure, but that would be my guess.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett is it possible for you guys to post a forum thread or post or something that shows some of the enemy squads stats in conquest normal and hard? This has been a great challenge and really enjoy your guys hard work put into it. It would be cool to see just how stacked/beefy/speedy some of these squads we have to beat are. Especially when they go before my 510 speed GML lol!
  • @CG_Doja_Fett is it possible for you guys to post a forum thread or post or something that shows some of the enemy squads stats in conquest normal and hard? This has been a great challenge and really enjoy your guys hard work put into it. It would be cool to see just how stacked/beefy/speedy some of these squads we have to beat are. Especially when they go before my 510 speed GML lol!

This. Not seeing stats is kind of lame and having to guess the stats is a waste of energy
  • I don't know if someone has posted this before, but it would be nice to be able to check the stats of the different opponents. We all know the importance of speed so it would be nice to know.
  • Almost done with hard mode...overall this game mode is enjoyable. A few issues, several feats do need counters. If energy is at stake then the player needs help keeping track of where they stand. The crates do not make sense the higher you go...why is there a trade off of gear versus the other stuff? Keep it all in there. Just odd...especially if this is once a month event. Which leads me to frequency...twice a month is perfect...if it is once a month....eh. This sucker will be done in 4-5 days and sit idle for 25 days. I guess folks will not or need to spend crystals to refresh...nothing else I see is a major issue. Minor issue would be the randomness of the data disks versus other players. Plus the conquest store is utterly worthless....I see a mk 5 stun gun once in a while...where is the kyros in store or in crates??
  • Yes, it really doesn't make sense to progress in reward boxes for them to only trade gear loss for the gains in the other bits as opposed to actually just getting the increased rewards that you would expect and keeping the rewards that you have already earned.

I really hope they change that but, as we know from other threads, they just talk about these concerns but don't actually action them.
  • Mad_Cat
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    For this second conquest run, I really think that enemy teams have been tuned to higher speed. I'm using the same data disks as during the first run where I got to sector 5 and can't pass now the 2 last fights of sector 3. All teams start first, killing 1-2 toons before I have a turn despite my R5 Thrawn and 327 speed... can't understand this...
    Post edited by Mad_Cat on
  • I just tried with GAT - speed 327 as leader, using Leader resolve (speed + 24%) - which should bring it to 405... the 2 teams I can fight (Darth Revan or Resistance) start first! This is ridiculous...
  • For me it is not enjoyable at all. In my top team I have all with 250+ speed (vader effective around 290), r3-r7 and I am not able to get through sector 2. In last fight I didn't make even single move before I was thrashed. That is ridiculous.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    4lolo wrote: »
    For me it is not enjoyable at all. In my top team I have all with 250+ speed (vader effective around 290), r3-r7 and I am not able to get through sector 2. In last fight I didn't make even single move before I was thrashed. That is ridiculous.

What you consider your top team seems too weak for hard mode. Imo you should chill a bit in normal until you develop better teams.
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    The increased speed or pre-loaded turn meter in Galactic Conquest's second round (run) is too much. Example: my r7 bounty hunters with Bossk lead and 2 Caustic Emissions data disks cannot 3* the Carth team in Sector 3. During the first round of GalCon, that team beat the final boss. Why is an r7 squad struggling in Sector 3?!
    Post edited by Budgernaut on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Budgernaut wrote: »
    The increased speed or pre-loaded turn meter in agalactic Conquest's second round is too much. Example: my r7 bounty hunters with Bossk lead and 2 Caustic Emissions data disks cannot 3* the Carth team in Sector 3. During the first round of GalCon, that team beat the final boss. Why is an r7 squad struggling in Sector 3?!

There is no pre loaded TM. Yes teams in hard at tougher and have higher stats, if you made the jump.

Reasons you may lose - enemy modifiers, location in sector (% increase of stats), stamina of your team, different data disc setup.
  • Ironically, I'm finding round 2 much easier. I'm not suggesting Hard is easier than Normal. Just better disc selection, team comps, and the like on my end.

I am getting worried I won't see a NS team at all in S4. May have to skip that Marked feat :(
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The increased speed or pre-loaded turn meter in agalactic Conquest's second round is too much. Example: my r7 bounty hunters with Bossk lead and 2 Caustic Emissions data disks cannot 3* the Carth team in Sector 3. During the first round of GalCon, that team beat the final boss. Why is an r7 squad struggling in Sector 3?!

There is no pre loaded TM. Yes teams in hard at tougher and have higher stats, if you made the jump.

Reasons you may lose - enemy modifiers, location in sector (% increase of stats), stamina of your team, different data disc setup.

Make the jump? I'm only 3.6 mil gp so I can't attempt Hard Mode.

(Not in response to Kyno:) This is garbage! Even the ability block consumable does nothing because the enemies are so fast that they take two turns before mine do anyway! It sucks, too, because this time I tried to get buff synergy with my data disks, but I can't even take a turn so I don't get the start-of-turn buffs!
  • Mad_Cat
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

Don't agree. First conquest run, I reached beginning of normal sector 5. I was going first in nearly all my fights.
    Here I'm stuck at end of sector 3. I have exactly the same disks as during the first run with same quality. So don't tell me that nothing changed in-between those 2 conquests. Something has been tweaked to make it harder.
    An enemy team that start before a toon with 400 speed in sector 3 is just plainly ridiculous (and this team don't not even have overprepared III)

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Mad_Cat wrote: »

Don't agree. First conquest run, I reached beginning of normal sector 5. I was going first in nearly all my fights.
    Here I'm stuck at end of sector 3. I have exactly the same disks as during the first run with same quality. So don't tell me that nothing changed in-between those 2 conquests. Something has been tweaked to make it harder.
    An enemy team that start before a toon with 400 speed in sector 3 is just plainly ridiculous (and this team don't not even have overprepared III)

Are you.... doing hard mode?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I'm doing normal on alt and into sector 4 now, it's exactly the same difficulty.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Are you.... doing hard mode?

Unlikely as they said they only reached the beginning of sector 5. Hard mode unlock required defeating the sector 5 boss, JML.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm doing normal on alt and into sector 4 now, it's exactly the same difficulty.

Agreed, I just have DR battle left in Sector 3.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Correct something did change, you are facing different teams. They will change each time, and as someone mentioned above, a few of the data discs were fixed to operate the way they state they should.

What did they have then? Also did you move up to hard mode?
  • Mad_Cat
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2021

Correct something did change, you are facing different teams. They will change each time, and as someone mentioned above, a few of the data discs were fixed to operate the way they state they should.

What did they have then? Also did you move up to hard mode?

No - I'm in normal mode. I've the same disks (2 coold., 1 off buf, 1 def buf, 1 power, 1 heal over time and 2 decay TM).
    Same quality as first run (and I know about the Leader resolve issue).
    I think the main issue is around starting speed of the enemy teams. I usually count on my GAT with 327 speed to start and fracture first. As said before, at the end of sector 3 I have 2 teams (DR and RJT) that start first. I even tried to put leader resolver with a Thrawn lead to reach 400 speeed and they still start first.

• Kyno wrote: »
    So now with conquest out (wonderful game mode) is there a Road ahead in the works? Also a question regarding conquest, I noticed all 5 of the bosses were the same as last conquest, is there going to be variations in bosses or will it always be those 5?

@CT_Waxer_7777 yes the bosses will be the same, that is designed that way so players have at least some measurable point to build towards, as the other factors will change each time.

Do you know (or have it been mentioned somewhere) if the feats are going to stay the same?
    It would make it simpler to complete feats if they are the same every time, but could make it more interesting (or bothersome) if they mix up event, sector and boss feats from run to run.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    4lolo wrote: »
    For me it is not enjoyable at all. In my top team I have all with 250+ speed (vader effective around 290), r3-r7 and I am not able to get through sector 2. In last fight I didn't make even single move before I was thrashed. That is ridiculous.

What you consider your top team seems too weak for hard mode. Imo you should chill a bit in normal until you develop better teams.

I am on normal mode...