Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• "The Odds" modifier is seriously messed up. It says that after second bonus turn there is 25% chance for another bonus. Meanwhile almost every turn enemy has 7-9 bonus turns. How with 25% chance?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Anybody managed to max hard? I'm stuck like this

qscc3y3xagjl.png
  • I finally finished hard mode yesterday so here are my thoughts:

1. Obvious bugs need to obviously be fixed. The visual glitch when looking at boss feats being probably the most common and consistently annoying one.
    2. I ran normal in my 3.7 mil alt, hard in my 6.4 mil main. I thought for both accounts the difficulty was appropriate. I did get only 1 purple in both accounts though, while others in my alliance got 3 or more. so maybe spread those purples out more evenly?
    3. even in my terribly unbalanced alt the event feats were doable. I'm fairly sure I can get the t6 box with it despite my best team in that account being Padme still.
    4. For only having one GL, Hard was quite doable. If I got stuck I just pulled Rey off the bench and sent her in to wipe the competition. Mostly I used CLS feat. Chewpio, Dralak, and JKL-Jedi to get through sectors 4 and 5 but Rey was needed for a few teams I found difficult. Stamina does play a role in hard mode, much more than it did in normal for my main (and it does play a role for my alt). I felt very good getting that top box. I still really like this mode, and I'm still very impressed with you CG's effort on it. You chose some of the most synergized teams as enemies and that does present a challenge but it's not a brute force situation it's still strategy. I like that.
    5. Suggestions: counter for crits. especially considering one of them is 40(!) that's a big number to keep track of. Counting 10-20 yeah you can argue you don't need one. But 40? We need that in-battle counter. More equal spread of purple disks so all players can have a comparable experience rather than one get screwed by not finding a purple until after beating sector 5 boss while someone else finds one after beating sector 1 boss.

I still say overall great job CG. This mode definitely embraces roster depth as without it you're going to really struggle (as seen from complaints on the forums). I don't really have anything negative to say about it. 1x a month for me makes sense bc I think it'd get repetitive otherwise, and with GAC, TB, TWs, and CPits going on there can be almost too much to do sometimes.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I honestly don't know why anyone enjoys this. It is a longer version of challenges, which is terrible.

Both modes have modifiers which ruin almost every battle. Why not just have teams fight each other evenly?

Challenges are over in like an hour, then nothing more to be done. Conquest is over in a few days, then pointless replaying to get feats for days. Days of nothing...

All the praise heaped upon it so far is beyond my comprehension.

So far it seems to just be you and Giraffe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The main thing I see with this round is that normal mode is 2x as hard this time around. I’ve come up against a Shaak/Clones squad that are way to OP. They are almost one shoting a relic 6 JKR. I understand that it is fun if it’s a challenge but not so hard to the point that it’s one shoting R6 toons. Again, normal mode r3 clones should not be so OP they one shot a relic 6 Jedi Knight Revan. At that point it’s not fun anymore. It just makes me not want to play this game anymore.

Choose the other enemy if you're struggling with that one. The best counter for those GR teams is Padme-JKA-Ahsoka-GK-Barriss. Also I hate to burst your bubble but r6 JKR, even r7 JKR, is obscenely squishy. mine routinely crumbles first in battles and he's modded for protection :joy:
  • Lowynn wrote: »
    I concur with the players in this thread who are expressing the fact that "Normal" mode seems to be more difficult this time around. If anything (since the first Galactic Conquest), my characters have become better overall. However, I'm struggling to get through certain sectors and enemy squads comparatively speaking to the first GC.

I do understand the argument regarding data disks (acquiring the proper types, combining them according to the squads you're facing, as well as stacking them appropriately), in an effort to maximize your progression. I also understand the RNG aspect of the game (battles vary from one attempt to the next), and they need to otherwise the game would become overly predictable. Both explanations are plausible reasons for why certain players may be experiencing more difficulty this time around when compared to others.

However, I also can't deny that several of our guild members are experiencing the same issue as myself, as well as various posts on Reddit, and here within the SWGoH forum ("Normal" mode GC seems more difficult this time around compared to the 1st GC).

For those of you who haven't been affected adversely during your 2nd "Normal" mode playthrough, I'm happy your experience thus far has been positive. I really wish that I felt the same way, but unfortunately I do not.

If this were an isolated incident, I would say, "Well...I drew the short straw. Better luck next time." However, I can't deny what I'm experiencng at the present time when compared to the previous GC. I would also be remiss if I were to exclude what the members from my guild are saying, as well as the folks on Reddit and the SWGoH forums.

If you think it's that much harder, then the bugs they've already fixed were making your first run seem vastly easier than it should have been. It's not some mysterious conspiracy. my alt hasn't noticed any changes and my strongest team in that account is Padme GR. If you're going against GR teams and struggling, use Padme-GR to clear them. But they're not massively more difficult. Your first run through was just bugged making it appear much easier than it is.
  • Conquest is over in a few days, then pointless replaying to get feats for days. Days of nothing...

If you don't want Conquest to be over in a few days, then just don't do any refreshes? I don't have the numbers on hand, but there's no way you can get through the entire map in a few days time without energy refreshes. No one's forcing you to get through it so quickly, you're making that decision yourself
  • Starslayer
    2408 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    I honestly don't know why anyone enjoys this. It is a longer version of challenges, which is terrible.

Both modes have modifiers which ruin almost every battle. Why not just have teams fight each other evenly?

Challenges are over in like an hour, then nothing more to be done. Conquest is over in a few days, then pointless replaying to get feats for days. Days of nothing...

So far it seems to just be you and Giraffe.

jxu661a5wkoy.jpeg
  • I have a problem with this conquest, since i bought razor shards to jawa, in win battles i don have the conquest credits as reward, so i cant buy anything else, i lost like 500 or 600 credits for winning a battle without rewarda
  • Get new bosses for each conquest, battling the same bosses every time for the same feats will become too repetitive eventually.
  • I honestly don't know why anyone enjoys this. It is a longer version of challenges, which is terrible.

You’re in the minority/ on your own in this. This has so many more elements to it than GC’s and offers plenty to do in a two week period. For a beta run id say this was very good. I’m curious to see the improvements on their end.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

You’re in the minority/ on your own in this. This has so many more elements to it than GC’s and offers plenty to do in a two week period. For a beta run id say this was very good. I’m curious to see the improvements on their end.

As soon as we are done with beta (prolly now) it'll be 2 weeks a month.
  • Veserion1 wrote: »
    Get new bosses for each conquest, battling the same bosses every time for the same feats will become too repetitive eventually.

Eventually? Gotta be honest, I was pretty bored by the end of round 2 because it was a carbon copy of round 1 with the dials turned up to 11 (gotta love Ewoks in sector 5 outspeeding GLs XD).

This game mode has a solid foundation. Now we see whether CG lets it rot on the vine like other game modes or they continue to improve and build upon what they started.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

As soon as we are done with beta (prolly now) it'll be 2 weeks a month.

Hopefully some of those changes and improvements are upping the rewards with it being once a month. Or at least stop taking away the gear boxes as you progress through like they’re currently doing
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    They said the rewards were doubled this month only due to the back-to-back beta run so don't count on a change in the reward quantity for a single conquest.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    They said the rewards were doubled this month only due to the back-to-back beta run so don't count on a change in the reward quantity for a single conquest.

That and they specifically said the rewards are what they want them to be and would be unlikely to change.
  • Reading everyone's comments and seeing a lot of positive and some negative. For a beta test I felt like this is some of the best content that CG has put out in quite some time. Was it perfect? Of course not, how could it be for a beta test and a roll out. Invariably CG will fix the bugs, afterall that is what a beta is about. Did you expect to get it all done without issues? I hope not, it's new content, but as with everything we have some real geniuses out here that theory craft the hell outta this game and will/have been putting out some great videos on what you can do for every aspect of the conquest. For a first and second time roll out this was exceptional. I look forward to seeing the fixes made and what tweaks they will make to make it better and more challenging.
    If you weren't happy and finished it to quickly, you have no one to blame but yourself for rushing through it! I did that with the normal mode in the first run. I learned from that to take my time with the hard mode, and even though I knew to slow down, I was still eager to complete the feats and earn all the key cards I needed for max rewards. I am looking forward to the next Conquest and all that will come with it, and as the old adage goes, if you don't like it, don't play it....the rewards are quite good and afterall, aren't we playing a GAME? You either enjoy it or you don't. Stop being a spoiled brat, if it were easy it wouldn't be near as fun!!
    " Do or do not, there is no try."
  • Reading everyone's comments and seeing a lot of positive and some negative. For a beta test I felt like this is some of the best content that CG has put out in quite some time. Was it perfect? Of course not, how could it be for a beta test and a roll out. Invariably CG will fix the bugs, afterall that is what a beta is about. Did you expect to get it all done without issues? I hope not, it's new content, but as with everything we have some real geniuses out here that theory craft the hell outta this game and will/have been putting out some great videos on what you can do for every aspect of the conquest. For a first and second time roll out this was exceptional. I look forward to seeing the fixes made and what tweaks they will make to make it better and more challenging.
    If you weren't happy and finished it to quickly, you have no one to blame but yourself for rushing through it! I did that with the normal mode in the first run. I learned from that to take my time with the hard mode, and even though I knew to slow down, I was still eager to complete the feats and earn all the key cards I needed for max rewards. I am looking forward to the next Conquest and all that will come with it, and as the old adage goes, if you don't like it, don't play it....the rewards are quite good and afterall, aren't we playing a GAME? You either enjoy it or you don't. Stop being a spoiled brat, if it were easy it wouldn't be near as fun!!

And part of games include....rewards....for the game. I’m sure you enjoy playing your CW chewie, jedi consular, poe Cameron, etc at level 1 since....you don’t need rewards right?
  • The feeling of rage and absolute disgust can not be described enough when I get absolutely stupid gear from the highest crate. Why would someone with end game accounts ever need even more Mk 4 Carbantis. Let alone Armatech Tactical Data which I have more than can be applied in the entire game. This leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.
  • StarSon wrote: »

That and they specifically said the rewards are what they want them to be and would be unlikely to change.

Where did they say that? I haven’t seen that so I must have missed it. I really hope that’s not true because the way the rewards are set up for gear is poor at best. The mod salvage is less than GAC rewards and the 2.0 mod slicing is a seemingly fair by comparison with GC. The amount of relic material and gear is very poor in my mind for 2 weeks of effort. If they think that’s proper rewards, I can’t say I’m surprised but this whole “for the enjoyment and accomplishment” nonsense has gotta stop.
  • gg99qocwdim1.png
    kg8uufwpa67s.png
    47uwkfqlg87f.png

My hard mode max crate rewards. Like I said, love the RC shards. Slicing material is decent. Relic material and gear is very poor in quantity
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Where did they say that? I haven’t seen that so I must have missed it. I really hope that’s not true because the way the rewards are set up for gear is poor at best. The mod salvage is less than GAC rewards and the 2.0 mod slicing is a seemingly fair by comparison with GC. The amount of relic material and gear is very poor in my mind for 2 weeks of effort. If they think that’s proper rewards, I can’t say I’m surprised but this whole “for the enjoyment and accomplishment” nonsense has gotta stop.

They didn't say that. All they said is that the current rewards are what they intend for rewards in the post-Exhibition period to look like too (in contrast to the GC exhibition period I guess, because they admitted that they purposefully tuned the rewards from that to be lower at first). They also literally mention rewards as something that they can make adjustments to later.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241766/the-galactic-conquest-begins-soon#latest

It's all in here, in between the first two photos
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    gg99qocwdim1.png
    kg8uufwpa67s.png
    47uwkfqlg87f.png

My hard mode max crate rewards. Like I said, love the RC shards. Slicing material is decent. Relic material and gear is very poor in quantity

indeed, the quantities need to be increased by a lot, especially if it remains once a month.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    gg99qocwdim1.png
    kg8uufwpa67s.png
    47uwkfqlg87f.png

indeed, the quantities need to be increased by a lot, especially if it remains once a month.

Yuuuup. For only running monthly, these rewards are very underwhelming. Also I got mk4 carbs for my troubles. *feelsbadman*

All this means is I'm not motivated to care about this anymore. The game mode itself is fun, but I'm not sure I'll put any effort into it past completing it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Same. Pretty underwhelmed by the rewards thinking they will come once a month. I also think it's the relic mats (the old ones) and slicing mats that needs to be upped. The amount of slicing mats here at the very high end box is only %25 more than a weeks worth of gcs. I wouldn't mind both the rewards and difficulty for hard to be upped as hard was hardly hard.

bt75il64tget.png
  • Conquest is over in a few days, then pointless replaying to get feats for days. Days of nothing...

If you don't want Conquest to be over in a few days, then just don't do any refreshes? I don't have the numbers on hand, but there's no way you can get through the entire map in a few days time without energy refreshes. No one's forcing you to get through it so quickly, you're making that decision yourself

I made a few mistakes during the course of the event, but finished Hard with highest crate this morning and used no energy refreshes. So, the timing of the event worked quite well as far as I am concerned.
  • Although I think it's a really well concepted and really fun new event that I would normally be thrilled about - CG lost yet another huge opportunity for goodwill here by promising "huge" rewards in the description and significantly under-delivering on that promise.

For this to be worth 2 weeks of time and 100+ battles, the amount of Gear 12 prize gear has to be better than a Top 5 Sith Raid finish where you're getting full pieces.

Anything less than 150-200 g12 pieces for this event honestly is like giving a $19 gift card to Arby's for your Christmas Bonus and feeling like that was generous because "but did you see - it had a Star Wars sticker on it, isn't that great?"

I actually think CG runs an excellent game (I mean that) and I blame EA for the extraordinary greed and stinginess in this game. But I mean it when I talk about goodwill. This is Star Wars, something that makes us all happy and we love. We're thrilled to play this. And it constantly feels like playing something we love is the equivalent of a boss who tells us " we're gonna need to cut another 15 minutes out of your lunch break."

I get that this game is a cash cow and will always be geared to people who spend $1000s. But either do one of two things - just be more generous to an extremely dedicated fan base who wants to love the people who run this game back, or own the greed and don't make promises and use words like huge rewards, when you're just going to get people really excited about finally having a big opportunity to make real in-game progress, and instead yet again leaving players with their excitement dashed and just feeling bummed out having to accept that something we love is essentially kind of run by The Empire.
  • Today's update:
    FIXES
    EVENT - The Conquest Feat One by One no longer counts marks applied to allies.
    EVENT - Players will earn the correct amount of Conquest Credits for defeating Boss nodes for the first time in Conquest on Hard Mode.

What does the second Fix mean? Were we earning too much or too little or what? Just what is changing?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I think we were getting 10 conquest credits instead of 20 in hard mode for defeating a boss
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think we were getting 10 conquest credits instead of 20 in hard mode for defeating a boss

This deal keeps getting worse and worse.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.