Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think we were getting 10 conquest credits instead of 20 in hard mode for defeating a boss

    This deal keeps getting worse and worse.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm. PM to join us.
  • TVF
    27972 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think we were getting 10 conquest credits instead of 20 in hard mode for defeating a boss

    This deal keeps getting worse and worse.

    Except it now is better?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    7418 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think we were getting 10 conquest credits instead of 20 in hard mode for defeating a boss

    This deal keeps getting worse and worse.

    Except it now is better?

    Maybe rath wanted 0 credits!
  • Can we please select gear we get. While your at is can we get that on raids and TB/TW as well?
    Loved the game mode super fun. Think it should run constantly, with the slow energy refresh, not a huge time commitment if doing 2-3 battles every few hours.
  • So problems with rewards-

    The amount of gear. 15 is laughable. I mean really, in 2 weeks I can farm way more than 15 pieces of each item so it's not like you're giving me a massive boon here. for 30 minutes work in HSith I can get fully crafted g12 pieces so Conquest rewards by comparison on the gear front are meager. I got the t5 box (normal mode) in my alt and that box felt WAY more useful to my account than the top box (hard mode) was to my main which is where I have the problem.

    love getting r8 mats as my guild's not quite got it's act together for CPit but that and mod slicing are the only parts of the box I really cared about. One guildmate got mk4 Carbantis and he was pretty annoyed. I still don't have Beskar Mando and don't see me getting him anytime in the next 6 months so the ship shards don't really feel like a 'reward' to me either. Might be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather those ship shards are only in the conquest store, not the prize box as their addition to the box seems to be what weakens the rest of our rewards in that box.
  • Starslayer
    641 posts Member
    edited March 31
    I get the frustration over rewards, and I hate to sound like a CG apologist, but...
    • This game mode wasn't released alongside some new progression gate (maybe RC shards).
    • It isn't detracting from rewards you earn elsewhere.
    • For endgame accounts, it's fairly easy to get max rewards without any investment in refreshes or factions you don't already have.
    • The time commitment is low. 8 battles per day and about 2 minutes per battle (most battles are way under a minute)--about 15 minutes per day.

    Maybe something is coming that will render these points moot. But to me, the rewards (including entertainment) are decent enough for the time spent and there is no Conquest-specific investment to be made, so they're just icing on the cake.

    Mostly agree. The only issue I have with rewards is the chance to draw useless gear (yes, MkIV gun, I'm talking to you); it's just a feelsbadman moment. If you want a rollthedice feeling, give us a slight chance to get a better reward instead imo.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • I get the frustration over rewards, and I hate to sound like a CG apologist, but...
    • This game mode wasn't released alongside some new progression gate (maybe RC shards).
    • It isn't detracting from rewards you earn elsewhere.
    • For endgame accounts, it's fairly easy to get max rewards without any investment in refreshes or factions you don't already have.
    • The time commitment is low. 8 battles per day and about 2 minutes per battle (most battles are way under a minute)--about 15 minutes per day.

    Maybe something is coming that will render these points moot. But to me, the rewards (including entertainment) are decent enough for the time spent and there is no Conquest-specific investment to be made, so they're just icing on the cake.

    I see where your logic is at, and see your point, but I strongly disagree.

    CG has had a bad habit for a long time now of not giving equitable rewards for a long time now. Conquest is no different. The experience and ease you may have had is not the same for others. The main reason? Data disk randomness.

    There need to be some changes made to the rewards here. The mk4 carbs and guns need to go. Why they’re including that is beyond me. They also need to stop taking away the gear boxes as you progress in the rewards. They should also up the amount for gear from 15 to 25 so you get an extra “full piece” a month. That’s not going to break the gear economy. Same with the Relic gear. End game players need all the relic materials they can get.

    It’s simple fixes really
  • TVF
    27972 posts Member
    I'm good.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @Starslayer totally agree, useless gear should be removed from the pool.

    @Ravens1113 agree about issues with data discs and trash gear.
  • Nikoms565
    13789 posts Member
    Starslayer totally agree, useless gear should be removed from the pool.

    Ravens1113 agree about issues with data discs and trash gear.

    This "being reasonable" thing you're doing - very strange for these forums. I think CG may have to look into nerfing it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Love the Conquest content...just need this on a better cycle than every two weeks pls @CG_Doja_Fett ... making this essentially a once per month event will kill momentum that the new content provides
  • I get the frustration over rewards, and I hate to sound like a CG apologist, but...
    • The time commitment is low. 8 battles per day and about 2 minutes per battle (most battles are way under a minute)--about 15 minutes per day.

    I disagree. In 7 minutes I can get the same amount of kyros (oh wait, I didn't get any kyros in conquest) in an assault battle. In 30 minutes or less, a fully crafted gear piece in hSith.

    Now let's compare apples to apples, shall we? This is a 2 week event. in a ONE Week event I got 35 gold fusion furnaces, 15 of each Kyro, and more. In this TWO week event I got 15 pieces of things I already had over a thousand of. Why does a 2 week event give worse gear than events that can be done in 7 minutes to 1 week?

    And I would not say most battles are under a minute. Maybe in Normal mode they are but in Hard (not relying on GLs) they took me 3-4 minutes. So I'm looking at 32 minutes per day minimum. Every day. for 14 days. 448 minutes nets me worse gear than a 7 minute assault battle. The r8 mats are great, and very needed. But the gear rewards are shocking.

    What are you using that all your battles are under a minute? Or are you just getting the greatest disk combos imaginable? You certainly can't say everyone would be the same as you if so because we don't all get the same disks.
  • I get the frustration over rewards, and I hate to sound like a CG apologist, but...
    • The time commitment is low. 8 battles per day and about 2 minutes per battle (most battles are way under a minute)--about 15 minutes per day.

    I disagree. In 7 minutes I can get the same amount of kyros (oh wait, I didn't get any kyros in conquest) in an assault battle. In 30 minutes or less, a fully crafted gear piece in hSith.

    Now let's compare apples to apples, shall we? This is a 2 week event. in a ONE Week event I got 35 gold fusion furnaces, 15 of each Kyro, and more. In this TWO week event I got 15 pieces of things I already had over a thousand of. Why does a 2 week event give worse gear than events that can be done in 7 minutes to 1 week?

    And I would not say most battles are under a minute. Maybe in Normal mode they are but in Hard (not relying on GLs) they took me 3-4 minutes. So I'm looking at 32 minutes per day minimum. Every day. for 14 days. 448 minutes nets me worse gear than a 7 minute assault battle. The r8 mats are great, and very needed. But the gear rewards are shocking.

    What are you using that all your battles are under a minute? Or are you just getting the greatest disk combos imaginable? You certainly can't say everyone would be the same as you if so because we don't all get the same disks.

    Are you saying a single AB gives better rewards than a full Conquest? I will do the math if that's your claim. Seems doubtful to me.

    Don't forget Conquest currency. You can buy tons of 12+ gear from the Scavenger with it. As for the actual rewards crate, 5 Zinbiddles is basically 25x 12+ pieces; 10 heat sinks is 40 mk3 holos. Nikkom got 25 Injectors, which is 10 more than the 15 from an AB.

    Regardless, if you clarify your claim, I'll do the math (though I'd prefer someone else do it).

    As for battle times, it depends on the sector feats. Slowing battles down for evades and marks definitely makes them take a lot longer, fair enough. When feats don't dictate I go slow, I had a few teams on rotation:
    JKL, JML, +3
    JKR, GMY, +3
    Rey, +4
    CLS
    SLK, +4
    DR, BSF, Malak, Sass, Marauder/HK
    Vader, Gideon, Wat, EP, Thrawn

    Granted, I got the Defense Buffs, a cooldown reduction, and the 2x HOT discs in sector 1.
  • One last thing. I never said the rewards were amazing or even good. I said they were good enough for me to justify the time commitment.
  • So, Conquest updates may remove some Data Disks...

    5 CW Chewie shards says Deployable Cooling Systems gets removed immediately.
  • Don’t you dare remove the cooldown TM disks. Don’t.... you..... dare. I know it doesn’t say which, but don’t.... you.... DARE.
  • Well done CG this event is huge! Can't wait to the new stuff to come! :)
    Respect!

  • Are you saying a single AB gives better rewards than a full Conquest? I will do the math if that's your claim. Seems doubtful to me.

    Don't forget Conquest currency. You can buy tons of 12+ gear from the Scavenger with it. As for the actual rewards crate, 5 Zinbiddles is basically 25x 12+ pieces; 10 heat sinks is 40 mk3 holos. Nikkom got 25 Injectors, which is 10 more than the 15 from an AB.

    I said specifically the gear on offer is shocking. If I have thousands of something, I'm clearly not turning it into scavenger already, or if I am I'm recouping the amount incredibly fast bc the game throws tons of it at us already. 15 more of them is not going to benefit me. "Oh you can turn it into scavenger stuff" is not an acceptable argument whatsoever for the newest game mode. Imagine getting the top box and getting only things you already had hundreds or thousands of. So what did you get? Relic mats. Razor Crest shards. Which are only useful if you have BAM/are working toward getting him. If you're not, you got relic mats, some mod slicing stuff, and......that's it. Spending over 400 minutes playing the game and getting mod slicing mats not dissimilar from just doing the top box in GCs every week and r8 mats. Those r8 mats are the silver lining, really.

    I got a better gear pull from my t5 box in my alt (normal mode) than my main (hard mode) got in the top box. So it would seem the only reason to get the top box is the r8 materials because if you actually want good gear, you shouldn't aim for it. Which seems counter-intuitive given CG, I assume, wants you to work to clear the whole map and chase all the feats. This mode is awesome. I really enjoyed it. But I spent alot of time playing it and I don't think the time spent was properly rewarded in the gear it gave me. And it's not just me. Many ppl in my guild got mk 4 carbantis and other useless things as their reward for getting the top box in hard mode. They were left feeling quite frustrated and consequently less enthused by the mode as a result.

    Kyros aren't even possible in Conquest (a delightful fact I learned when I was close to relic'ing a toon and needed 15 kyros so I looked it up) and they've become the gear we need the most of: xv6xywpx7gto.png now what are the odds you get those carbantis? Apparently pretty good given how many ppl were getting them from 1 box pull.

  • Are you saying a single AB gives better rewards than a full Conquest? I will do the math if that's your claim. Seems doubtful to me.

    Don't forget Conquest currency. You can buy tons of 12+ gear from the Scavenger with it. As for the actual rewards crate, 5 Zinbiddles is basically 25x 12+ pieces; 10 heat sinks is 40 mk3 holos. Nikkom got 25 Injectors, which is 10 more than the 15 from an AB.

    I said specifically the gear on offer is shocking. If I have thousands of something, I'm clearly not turning it into scavenger already, or if I am I'm recouping the amount incredibly fast bc the game throws tons of it at us already. 15 more of them is not going to benefit me. "Oh you can turn it into scavenger stuff" is not an acceptable argument whatsoever for the newest game mode. Imagine getting the top box and getting only things you already had hundreds or thousands of. So what did you get? Relic mats. Razor Crest shards. Which are only useful if you have BAM/are working toward getting him. If you're not, you got relic mats, some mod slicing stuff, and......that's it. Spending over 400 minutes playing the game and getting mod slicing mats not dissimilar from just doing the top box in GCs every week and r8 mats. Those r8 mats are the silver lining, really.

    I got a better gear pull from my t5 box in my alt (normal mode) than my main (hard mode) got in the top box. So it would seem the only reason to get the top box is the r8 materials because if you actually want good gear, you shouldn't aim for it. Which seems counter-intuitive given CG, I assume, wants you to work to clear the whole map and chase all the feats. This mode is awesome. I really enjoyed it. But I spent alot of time playing it and I don't think the time spent was properly rewarded in the gear it gave me. And it's not just me. Many ppl in my guild got mk 4 carbantis and other useless things as their reward for getting the top box in hard mode. They were left feeling quite frustrated and consequently less enthused by the mode as a result.

    Kyros aren't even possible in Conquest (a delightful fact I learned when I was close to relic'ing a toon and needed 15 kyros so I looked it up) and they've become the gear we need the most of: xv6xywpx7gto.png now what are the odds you get those carbantis? Apparently pretty good given how many ppl were getting them from 1 box pull.

    If all you want to compare is literal gear in the Conquest crate vs gear in CT1 of an AB, yeah, AB is probably a little better. But I fail to see the value in this comparison.
  • Once a month isn't enough for what is a really fun game mode.
  • Once a month isn't enough for what is a really fun game mode.

    Would be cool if they created another single player, PvE mode to go on during the off weeks of Conquest. Finger crossed...
  • Sewpot
    1608 posts Member
    I’m sure after the data is studied from these 2 exhibitions that they will nerf data disks in a way that we will have to use at the least a 50 crystals refresh at least 3x to complete these next conquests in 2 weeks. Yoda and Vader will no longer get the sweet bonus moves they had. I can see the devs fine tuning this to the point it’s not possible to complete in just 2 weeks. Stamina and tickets refresh so slowly already.
  • Ultra
    7418 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    I’m sure after the data is studied from these 2 exhibitions that they will nerf data disks in a way that we will have to use at the least a 50 crystals refresh at least 3x to complete these next conquests in 2 weeks. Yoda and Vader will no longer get the sweet bonus moves they had. I can see the devs fine tuning this to the point it’s not possible to complete in just 2 weeks. Stamina and tickets refresh so slowly already.

    I understand it will be more difficult because the Vader / Yoda combo was pretty breaking

    I didn't even bother trying anything different or felt challenged, knowing Vader could handle every single team that seemed somewhat threatening to me
  • khdelboy
    609 posts Member
    Leave them in. You don’t have to use them.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    I’m sure after the data is studied from these 2 exhibitions that they will nerf data disks in a way that we will have to use at the least a 50 crystals refresh at least 3x to complete these next conquests in 2 weeks. Yoda and Vader will no longer get the sweet bonus moves they had. I can see the devs fine tuning this to the point it’s not possible to complete in just 2 weeks. Stamina and tickets refresh so slowly already.

    Energy, maybe. But stamina only depletes if you win the battle.
  • Really hope you will rethink the once a month conquest, this game mode needs to run back to back,

    The game feels dead without it, we really need a mode that gives us continuous play,
    Fantastic job on creating conquest so why box it up for two weeks a month! You have admitted your unhappy with the gear crunch. 2 birds one stone and all that!

    Your friendly neighbourhood Zuckuss
Sign In or Register to comment.