Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• HughZ wrote: »
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.

Not to be mean but this mode isn't for you then. The order is Galactic War -> Normal Conquest -> Hard Conquest. Conquest is for end game players with larger rosters and plenty of depth. You don't need relics for sector 1, but you need g11-g12 for sure so your development just isn't ready for this challenge yet. Everything in this game is something to work toward. So just keep at it!
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    So I may have missed it, if this was already brought I apologize. So it appears that we are unable to go back to a battle and get the feats once we have have already beaten the node, boss node in this case. Is this intended?

Top notch event/game mode so far.
  • Telly973 wrote: »
    I have to echo those here who find the "normal" conquest mode excessively difficult. I am not a rookie at the game, been playing solid for 6-8 months, lvl 85 with solid teams of gear 12-13, zeta upgrades, etc. By all means make the hard difficulty, well, hard, but at least make the normal difficulty somewhat accessible.

6-8 months of playtime in a 5 year old game does make you a rookie though. Especially in a mode designed for ppl who've been playing for several years.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Stish wrote: »
    So I may have missed it, if this was already brought I apologize. So it appears that we are unable to go back to a battle and get the feats once we have have already beaten the node, boss node in this case. Is this intended?

Top notch event/game mode so far.

You can definitely replay any battles you have completed as many times as you want as long as you have the energy for it
  • First off I wanted to say wow!! Best piece of content in a very long time. I had a few things I wanted to bring up but don’t want to be overly picky. First off, is there a way to have more variety in the merchant nodes. So far I’m in sector 3 and every merchant nodes gives the exact same G12s pieces. Don’t get me wrong these have been super helpful but is there a way to create more variety for players to chose from. For example I would love if I could buy stun guns, stun cuffs, carbantis, kyrotrchs etc from the merchant nodes or even the other G12 gear like furnaces or medpacs. I think this would be a fantastic way to have conquest help alleviate the gear crunch.

Second I think that a two week break would leave too many players antsy for too long. I think a week break at most would be beneficial for everyone as two weeks feels too long. I may change my mind after the exhibition period but as it stands I feel like two weeks would be way too long of a break.

This brings me to my third point rewards. If y’all intend to keep it as a once a month thing I think you should look into increasing the rewards. For example instead of 15 pieces in the crate up it to 30. Same goes for the other crates as well. I think this being a two week thing that is only once a month you could do good by increasing the total rewards. However, if you intend to make this twice a month thing like TBs I see no immediate need to increase the rewards. While I think there could be an increase in gear regardless I would love to se this event run twice a month more than an increase in rewards.

This is just my two cents and overall I am extremely please and been enjoying the heck out of this game mode. Thank you and may the force be with you all!
  • First off, I’m really enjoying the mode. I was actually disappointed when I ran out of energy. I could only spare one energy refresh as I’m trying to get my ultimate for GL Rey. It’s ok though since I’m trying to space it out and enjoy the event for more than a few days.

A few things that I’d like to see changed/fixed.

First, you can’t see your characters stamina when you run out of energy. It would be nice if there was a character screen outside the battle screen. So you can see the characters stamina and let you plan ahead a bit without having to go into the battle.

Second, you really should have feat counters by this point. I don’t like that GChallenges don’t have them, but it doesn’t cost me energy in those battles. Here you’re requiring me to use up precious energy and stamina with no indication if I’m even doing the right thing in the battle. You’re obviously tracking the feat, please just give us some sort of visual indicator so we can see if we’re progressing.

Finally, the new updates have introduced a lot of visual bugs. Feats disappear from the screen when you select one. Occasionally the screen pauses during fights. In one fight my JTR had no lightsaber blade. These things aren’t specific to this mode, but because there are so many different screens that suffer from these problems, it’s more noticeable. I’ve had an occasional glitch in the past, but whatever updates you did in the last couple months have increased the incidents dramatically.

Thanks for the new content! Keep up the good work.
  • One other thing I forgot. It would be good if data discs were not duplicated on nodes. I can only pick one. It’s kind of annoying when one of my choices is eliminated before I even get there.
  • Loving it so far! It's like a prophesy being fulfilled for more worthwhile content that exercises deep rosters. Plus, the recent improvements to GC (crates) continue here, which is welcome. Overall a solid game mode and great debut. Early impressions/suggestions from day 1, sector 1, 10 battle nodes deep:

1) The Mk 12 Wandering Scavenger = holy scrolling marathon, Batman. Please nest this or something, such as show one icon of each gear, then dive deeper to see the options to obtain targeted piece.

2) I'll second the mention that Conquest Energy (also, Ship Energy) should appear on the main cantina screen, at least when Conquest is running. IIRC, CG has stated (for Ship Energy) that it's a real estate issue on certain screen sizes, which seems dubious. The progress bar can be narrower (especially once it's at max), and there's empty space that could likely be trimmed. And if every energy is out of /144, I dunno, remove the repetitive denominator.

3) Speaking of ships, I'm hoping they're in the works for once the general mode is ironed out.

Kudos to the team!
  • So far I like Conquests very much. A couple of UI issues, already mentioned in the thread. But other than that it’s great.

I have one problem: bought two stamina refresh items and can’t find them anywhere. They don’t show up in consumables. How do they work?
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    I'm having fun, so thanks for that. I guess I'll keep playing for a while ^^

Quick question about the Data Disks: if I have equipped the same data disk twice (here Decay:turn meter, enemy lose 5% TM when damaged by an ally), do the effects apply twice, so in this case the enemy lose 10% TM when damaged ?
  • My only major long term concern with this mode is the energy. It’s one thing to jump on and spend 10 minutes simming battles for my dailies, but this requires a much longer period of time or energy is wasted. That’s time I don’t really have before I start work.

I would prefer if it could be changed to a max number of battles per day that can be refreshed for crystals, similar to arena, but without the breaks.
    797-722-718
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    So far I like Conquests very much. A couple of UI issues, already mentioned in the thread. But other than that it’s great.

I have one problem: bought two stamina refresh items and can’t find them anywhere. They don’t show up in consumables. How do they work?

On the squad selection screen, I think you press the white "+" sign to use them
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Hi, loving conquest. It feels good to have something new in the game. If the bosses and enemies rotate to be different the next time around then I think this will stay challenging and fresh for most players. Please allow us to see the description of the data disk by holding on the icon when in the data disk menu. Something feels wonky about how you remove and apply disks and it often asks you to pay 5 conquest when you haven’t really done anything to your setup yet cos all you wanted to do was read the description. Something needs to be fixed here for sure. Thanks
    Post edited by Montanz on
  • So this doesn’t apply to me personally but why didn’t you just add an easy conquest for the new players? You already did the heavy lifting of creating this new game mode, just adding an easier setup would almost be “free” for you and add a huge chunk of content for a big part of the player base.
    In my eyes galactic war & conquest are totally different content.
  • grg8pkni3zly.jpg
    Liked the dread data disc :)
    Funny event and long :))
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    grg8pkni3zly.jpg
    Liked the dread data disc :)
    Funny event and long :))

That's my favourite. Running Defensive Buffs and Cooldown Reduction data disks is awesome too. Never-ending DoT/Merciless Massacre loop with Vader.
  • I'm liking conquest so far, I haven't bought any extra energy, but I was wondering if your current amount of conquest energy could be shown without having to go into the event. I know there's no space on the main screen, but maybe like fleet energy you could see it when you go into the objectives.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    So far I like Conquests very much. A couple of UI issues, already mentioned in the thread. But other than that it’s great.

On the squad selection screen, I think you press the white "+" sign to use them

Got it, thanks!
  • Another question: do prices for refreshes reset every 24 hrs?
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Another question: do prices for refreshes reset every 24 hrs?

Energy refreshes? Yes, it's the same as any other energy. Costs reset with your daily reset.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Another question: do prices for refreshes reset every 24 hrs?

Energy refreshes? Yes, it's the same as any other energy. Costs reset with your daily reset.

Thanks again. So the whole thing can be done in 3-5 days with reasonable investment and then we wait for the rewards. Or do less refreshes and stretch it out because they give us lots of time to complete the event.
  • Really impressed with setup, dynamics and stamina setting (We can't blitz through with just one team like we could in Galactic War). Still only 1/3 way through, did notice one thing when fighting the Rebels:

Sabine Wren (Level 85 G12 opponent) did repeated attacks on one of my toons (Cad Bane Lvl 85 G11) until he was defeated on the first go. I think the "repeat attack" after critical hit may need tweaking?
  • Jael_Ash wrote: »
    Really impressed with setup, dynamics and stamina setting (We can't blitz through with just one team like we could in Galactic War). Still only 1/3 way through, did notice one thing when fighting the Rebels:

Sabine Wren (Level 85 G12 opponent) did repeated attacks on one of my toons (Cad Bane Lvl 85 G11) until he was defeated on the first go. I think the "repeat attack" after critical hit may need tweaking?

It’s the same modifier that’s used in Galactic Challenges. I also lost a character because of this. Bad luck, just have to do the battle again

• It’s the same modifier that’s used in Galactic Challenges. I also lost a character because of this. Bad luck, just have to do the battle again

I know, extremely bad luck! I was just sitting there thinking "please stop hitting him now" and she just carried on until he was defeated. Yep just re-started and tried again.
  • Is there going to be a bonus energy, like the other energy?
  • Mattysvk
    28 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    So far, i found Conquest as nice addition to the game, but i need to adress some (subjective) issues.

1 Normal Mode is way too difficult for newer players. I don´t really buy the whole "this is endgame content". Yes, it´s quite fun and fresh for regular players, but others want to enjoy it too, when they reach level 85.I know, that you can use some nice modifiers, but enemies have modifiers too so... this honestly feels like a hard mode from their perspective sometimes. Difficulty in normal mode should be lower, or there should be some third option - easy

2. This is tied to first issue. It´s really easy to activate Mandalorian Beskar Armor, but his ship (which has different main tag for some reason, but that´s story for another time) is much harder to get. In first two crates in normal mode there are zero Razor Crest shards, which is - when you consider overall difficulty - a bummer.

3. Why no ship battles in Conquest? When you choose who to fight, why can´t you choose from battling units or battling ships? At least sometimes. It would be really nice.

4. There should be some bonus energy, which you can claim at least once a day. Also, this new energy should be visible in main bar.

Anyway, it feels like a step forward in the right direction, but we are not there yet.
  • Love it so far!
    Great job from everyone that contributed to getting this done!
    Much needed fresh air!
    Thank you!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Is there going to be a bonus energy, like the other energy?

No.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Is there going to be a bonus energy, like the other energy?

No.

Source?
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Shield penetration?

rc1bg4i2vb4x.jpg