Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    ok, but another problem is the rewards in that crate are very bad, and I will definitely not be able to get the second one
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is there going to be a bonus energy, like the other energy?

No.

Source?

https://swgohevents.com/news/conquest-beginners-guide

It says there is no bonus energy, not that there won't be. I was asking if there was a plan to add it in the future.

There are no plans to add bonus energy.
  • Options
    Thoughts on energy refresh rate. Without using refreshes, we have 8 battles to do per day. Right now, this is frustrating because the mode is new and shiny, and I want to play it. However, months from now, I think this will be fine.

Bold proposition, get rid of energy and make the stamina cost per battle much higher. For this hypothetical, let's say stamina is reduced to 0% after a battle, and it takes 24 hours to recharge 100%. This way, if you have a very deep roster and want to play, you can go in and use your 16+ GAC teams. With the refresh rates as they are now, I have little incentive to use a variety of teams besides fun.

Maybe this won't be an issue in hard mode. Just throwing some more initial impressions on the pile :)
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I literally can't even get to one crate with 3mil gp, this game mode caters to the people like Ahnald who have a huge roster with an abundance of relic 7 characters

I am 3.4 and have only missed 3 data cards so far. It is doable. Just keep working on your roster and using those disks to maximize your squad potential
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I literally can't even get to one crate with 3mil gp, this game mode caters to the people like Ahnald who have a huge roster with an abundance of relic 7 characters

You have two weeks to work on that

Exactly. Ahnald beat the whole thing in what, 8 hours? He also has insane roster because he whales. This gamemode was not meant to beat all in one day. Hence the reason why its 2 weeks not a day.

On top of this, its really "not meant to be beat". It is designed to grind players to a stopping point. Yes sit can be beat by a very developed roster, but that is not everyone. Players with 5-6M GP may not get everything maxed out each time. It's meant to change and challenge each play through and results will vary and differ each run.

This mode is much like the game in general, it's about the journey not some "final goal"/end game.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

You have two weeks to work on that

Exactly. Ahnald beat the whole thing in what, 8 hours? He also has insane roster because he whales. This gamemode was not meant to beat all in one day. Hence the reason why its 2 weeks not a day.

On top of this, its really "not meant to be beat". It is designed to grind players to a stopping point. Yes sit can be beat by a very developed roster, but that is not everyone. Players with 5-6M GP may not get everything maxed out each time. It's meant to change and challenge each play through and results will vary and differ each run.

This mode is much like the game in general, it's about the journey not some "final goal"/end game.

Exactly. I am at 5.475M and may not even finish Normal mode. That’s fine with me. I’m still enjoying it quite a bit. If I am enjoying the mode, the rewards seem like “icing on the cake” to me.

With galactic challenges I really felt the need to max out rewards, but even that “need” is falling a bit. I don’t have many more 6-dot mods I want to slice right now, so those rewards will simply be another hoard quite soon. With this mode, it is enjoyable to play and that enjoyment factor has been somewhat missing for awhile (at least for me).
  • Options

No.

Source?

It says there is no bonus energy, not that there won't be. I was asking if there was a plan to add it in the future.

Where is the fun in that? Forgot, it was about the money...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No.

Source?

If you missing the fun, you may be doing it wrong.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No.

Source?

Of all things that could be complained about, you choose this? The energy is pretty generous even without a bonus. In fact, the whole conquest seems to be pretty ftp friendly.
  • Options

No.

Source?

but you don't need to even refresh in order to clear the whole thing. Unless you're impatient and just want to clear the whole thing quickly but....well isn't there enough other stuff to do that a few battles per day in this node isn't too much effort for those with limited time to play?
  • Options
    Dear C.G, over the course of the last 22 hours we’ve heard a lot of “ make an easy mode. “ But, please, if you do decide to do that, make the rewards still worth it, maybe even make 2 easy modes, one for level 80 ish players, and one for players around 1 million G.P. Just some feedback for an awesome game mode that could be even better.
  • Options
    Jeebo101 wrote: »
    Dear C.G, over the course of the last 22 hours we’ve heard a lot of “ make an easy mode. “ But, please, if you do decide to do that, make the rewards still worth it, maybe even make 2 easy modes, one for level 80 ish players, and one for players around 1 million G.P. Just some feedback for an awesome game mode that could be even better.

How does a weaker mode with weaker rewards make the mode better? For that matter, why must every mode be accommodating for new players? Is beating Galactic War, farming for toons and gear, and working toward raids on top of the various events not enough activities for them?

Sorry but every time I see people complaining normal is too hard for their 1 mil or less than 1 mil accounts I just wonder why they feel entitled to end game content and rewards when they can't beat those events and the event's description clearly states it's not designed for them to participate in.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jeebo101 wrote: »

GW is the "easy" mode for Galactic Conquest. They're even on the same table.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MetsFan1986
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    1) Will there be a daily drop of energy for Conquest?
    2) It would be nice to see the Stamina of a Character without going into a battle. Perhaps from the inventory screen in Conquest or f rom the Character in the main game.
    3) It would be nice to see the Conquest energy from the main game screen (nice to see ship energy too- other than in the Ship screen or the Character Shard screen).
    4) Game play is good - a bit tough - though I'm progressing better than I thought I would.
    5) The path selection is decent.
    6) I am no where ready for advanced (only 3M) but why limit people to one path at all? Is this because of the reward structure? Still seems a bit silly to choose Difficult and then be cut off from normal.
    7) I like the combination of instant, cumulitive and end of the event rewards.
    8) Would be nice to have an easy, mid and difficult path, though I am doing ok so far I'm only in Phase 2 and expect to get stuck soon.
  • Options
    Great job on the new content! Love the play and feel of the board. When are the Mandalorians in the store going to be replaced. You mentioned they were place holders.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    1) Will there be a daily drop of energy for Conquest?
    2) It would be nice to see the Stamina of a Character without going into a battle. Perhaps from the inventory screen in Conquest or f rom the Character in the main game.
    3) It would be nice to see the Conquest energy from the main game screen (nice to see ship energy too- other than in the Ship screen or the Character Shard screen).
    4) Game play is good - a bit tough - though I'm progressing better than I thought I would.
    5) The path selection is decent.
    6) I am no where ready for advanced (only 3M) but why limit people to one path at all? Is this because of the reward structure? Still seems a bit silly to choose Difficult and then be cut off from normal.
    7) I like the combination of instant, cumulitive and end of the event rewards.
    8) Would be nice to have an easy, mid and difficult path, though I am doing ok so far I'm only in Phase 2 and expect to get stuck soon.

1) no
    2)yes this is needed, especially since you cant see the stamina if you do not have enough energy to do a battle
    3) that probably wont happen, as it's not a full time mode.
    6) yes it is probably a pacing or limiting factor for rewards.
    8) GW is the easy, then you get into normal and hard. It's a progression.
  • Options
    Insane difficulty for ridiculous rewards.
    I have been playing free for almost 4 years now, and I think I won't even be able to complete sector #2. Therefore, the expected reward is level xi items at best. And this is in normal difficulty. I can't imagine how long new free 2 play players will have to wait until they can "enjoy" this feature.
    Once again devs are sending a clear message-Free 2 play gamers are no longer welcomed- The game started great, but now there are two leagues, and devs are only working for those who can spend in crystals the same amount of money that the others need to buy food and pay bills.
  • Options
    galen007 wrote: »
    I have been playing free for almost 4 years now, and I think I won't even be able to complete sector #2. Therefore, the expected reward is level xi items at best. And this is in normal difficulty. I can't imagine how long new free 2 play players will have to wait until they can "enjoy" this feature.
    Once again devs are sending a clear message-Free 2 play gamers are no longer welcomed- The game started great, but now there are two leagues, and devs are only working for those who can spend in crystals the same amount of money that the others need to buy food and pay bills.

Not surprising that you are stuck, your supposed to. It shows you where you need to amp up your squad, what to do next time to get further, and you still have 13 days. Just wait til stamina refreshes.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

What’s your SWGOH.gg link? After 4 years you should have a few teams capable of going through the event.
  • Options

No.

Source?

Of all things that could be complained about, you choose this? The energy is pretty generous even without a bonus. In fact, the whole conquest seems to be pretty ftp friendly.

I would like to think of it more as constructive criticism. Honestly, my response was more or less sarcasm. If complaining about an energy refresh is all that there is to complain about, it implies CG did a good job making a game mode.

No.

Source?

but you don't need to even refresh in order to clear the whole thing. Unless you're impatient and just want to clear the whole thing quickly but....well isn't there enough other stuff to do that a few battles per day in this node isn't too much effort for those with limited time to play?

It isn't exactly about clearing the board quicker, I could use crystals. But an extra 3 free battles a day would be nice. Would help with some of the extra achievements. As to those with limited time to play, they don't have to use it, nobody is forcing them to play.
  • Porgalicious
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I really like it. It's not likely that I'm going to complete the Normal Path and I'm okay with that. It points to areas of my roster I need to tighten up and improve upon.

As others have mentioned, I do wish there was an in battle UI to track feats, similar to how we know when we're approaching bounty hunter payouts.

I would also like to see a node at each level where you have to use ships. I feel it's a neglected part of the game and could add quite a bit of fun to conquest.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No.

Source?

I would like to think of it more as constructive criticism. Honestly, my response was more or less sarcasm. If complaining about an energy refresh is all that there is to complain about, it implies CG did a good job making a game mode.

I see. The perils of sarcasm in written text...
  • AhnaldT101
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Amazing feedback in this thread and glad to see Doja already mentioned some known issues (like clarifying that you need 5 units for a "full squad"). I wanted to compile my feedback here in case devs didn't hear/see the feedback I provided during my livestream yesterday and in my summary video today.

Before giving the feedback, just wanted to say overall I had a blast with this game mode and during my 100% run yesterday I did not even realize how much time flew by. Solid 9/10 game mode for me with a bright future. However, I really believe this feedback can take this game mode to 10/10.

1) If I can only choose one thing to get changed, it would be to add one more tier below normal difficulty as an "easy" tier. Conquest is so close to be something for all to enjoy. As of now, it may be discouraging or unenjoyable for those with low GP rosters. Also, seeing how fun this game mode is players who are getting to level 85 want to be able to experience the fun of this game mode. I would think an easy mode would be an easy slam dunk so Conquest is a new player, mid game player, and end game player mode to enjoy.

2) The rest of my gripes are mostly UI design. By far, the biggest UI issue is a lack of feat tracker while in battle. More importantly, tracking feats specific to boss battles. This problem is a known UI request already since we have asked for it in Galactic Challenges. It is discouraging going into a boss battle and having to guess and hope you are actually making progress on a feat or completing the battle and realizing you did not complete the feat at all. Feats like recover 300,000 health or remove 700% turn meter is quite difficult to mentally track. Especially when energy is involved for an attempt, it is discouraging to win a battle but not complete a feat because you have no indication on your feat progress.

3) Would be great to click on an enemy before entering battle to see stats like speed. As in #2, it feels like I have to guess and hope what the stats are.

4) Rewards look fantastic but I implore you to remove gear like MK IV Carbantis/Stun Guns out of the prize pool for crates higher up. If you do implement an "easy" mode, gear like that is more valuable to new rosters but not for later crates in normal and hard mode.

5) Data disks are so much fun but a little cumbersome to manage. Right now it is impossible to see what a data disk does unless you temporarily equip it to read its effects. At minimum, it would be helpful to be able to click and hold on a data disk to read its effects. This feedback also applies for consumables too.

6) At times I want to revisit wandering scavengers to seek out stim packs, however, it is a tad annoying having to physically go back into each sector to see their inventory. Is it possible to create a tab somewhere in the main menu UI that reveals all of the items from the scavengers you reached?

7) I will wait to see how people feel about the frequency and length of conquest but I would love to see conquest happen twice a month. The rewards are great and helpful for rosters to grow.

8) This is not necessarily feedback but I saw in your developer interview with SWGoH Events that you are able to acquire Razor Crest shards outside of crates by visiting the merchants/scavengers throughout the sectors. Upon completing Conquest yesterday, I did not see Razor Crest shards once. Not sure if that is intended, maybe I had bad luck, or something is wrong.

9) This did not bother me as much but feedback viewers shared with me is although it is not too expensive to move data disks for 5 Conquest credits, it is slightly annoying. I understand you want us to feel a little "pain" when it comes to data disks so we are more tactical and selective with them but maybe it is worth considering using normal credits as the "tax" to remove data disks.

10) This is probably the more controversial feedback, I saw a lot of feedback regarding ships being integrated into conquest. Not sure if that is ever a plan in the future of Conquest but something to consider to help make ships a more "loved" aspect of SWGoH.

11) Not sure if this game mode will ever get boring but time will tell after a few of these Conquests go by. Worth always keeping this in mind by mixing things up with new rewards and interesting big battles. Think of mini "raid" bosses where you have to take down a much smaller version of the Sith Triumvirate, AAT, or Rancor raid. For example, the very last boss in Sector 5 can maybe be a copy of the Sith Trio in P4 from the Sith Raid or maybe a crazy powerful Vader like we saw at the end of Rogue One, or maybe the AT-ST similar to the Ewok event. Just so we have some variety and it is not just "here is another team to fight".

That is all I can think of right now but for sure those first few points I think are the most important for the continuing success of this game mode and its enjoyment! I basically saved you the time needed to watch my video but in case you still want to see it to hear me elaborate more you can find it here - https://youtube.com/watch?v=L_yvCFVO2MI&t
  • Options
    hey love this game mode I am completely free to play and am already on sector 2 with only 1 million gp
    my only problem is that as a begginer player you get a little bit far an then you are stuck maybe make some stuff that you can only do if under a certain amount of gp?
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    AhnaldT101 wrote: »
    Amazing feedback in this thread and glad to see Doja already mentioned some known issues (like clarifying that you need 5 units for a "full squad"). I wanted to compile my feedback here in case devs didn't hear/see the feedback I provided during my livestream yesterday and in my summary video today.

Before giving the feedback, just wanted to say overall I had a blast with this game mode and during my 100% run yesterday I did not even realize how much time flew by. Solid 9/10 game mode for me with a bright future. However, I really believe this feedback can take this game mode to 10/10.

1) If I can only choose one thing to get changed, it would be to add one more tier below normal difficulty as an "easy" tier. Conquest is so close to be something for all to enjoy. As of now, it may be discouraging or unenjoyable for those with low GP rosters. Also, seeing how fun this game mode is players who are getting to level 85 want to be able to experience the fun of this game mode. I would think an easy mode would be an easy slam dunk so Conquest is a new player, mid game player, and end game player mode to enjoy.

2) The rest of my gripes are mostly UI design. By far, the biggest UI issue is a lack of feat tracker while in battle. More importantly, tracking feats specific to boss battles. This problem is a known UI request already since we have asked for it in Galactic Challenges. It is discouraging going into a boss battle and having to guess and hope you are actually making progress on a feat or completing the battle and realizing you did not complete the feat at all. Feats like recover 300,000 health or remove 700% turn meter is quite difficult to mentally track. Especially when energy is involved for an attempt, it is discouraging to win a battle but not complete a feat because you have no indication on your feat progress.

3) Would be great to click on an enemy before entering battle to see stats like speed. As in #2, it feels like I have to guess and hope what the stats are.

4) Rewards look fantastic but I implore you to remove gear like MK IV Carbantis/Stun Guns out of the prize pool for crates higher up. If you do implement an "easy" mode, gear like that is more valuable to new rosters but not for later crates in normal and hard mode.

5) Data disks are so much fun but a little cumbersome to manage. Right now it is impossible to see what a data disk does unless you temporarily equip it to read its effects. At minimum, it would be helpful to be able to click and hold on a data disk to read its effects. This feedback also applies for consumables too.

6) At times I want to revisit wandering scavengers to seek out stim packs, however, it is a tad annoying having to physically go back into each sector to see their inventory. Is it possible to create a tab somewhere in the main menu UI that reveals all of the items from the scavengers you reached?

7) I will wait to see how people feel about the frequency and length of conquest but I would love to see conquest happen twice a month. The rewards are great and helpful for rosters to grow.

8) This is not necessarily feedback but I saw in your developer interview with SWGoH Events that you are able to acquire Razor Crest shards outside of crates by visiting the merchants/scavengers throughout the sectors. Upon completing Conquest yesterday, I did not see Razor Crest shards once. Not sure if that is intended, maybe I had bad luck, or something is wrong.

9) This did not bother me as much but feedback viewers shared with me is although it is not too expensive to move data disks for 5 Conquest credits, it is slightly annoying. I understand you want us to feel a little "pain" when it comes to data disks so we are more tactical and selective with them but maybe it is worth considering using normal credits as the "tax" to remove data disks.

10) This is probably the more controversial feedback, I saw a lot of feedback regarding ships being integrated into conquest. Not sure if that is ever a plan in the future of Conquest but something to consider to help make ships a more "loved" aspect of SWGoH.

11) Not sure if this game mode will ever get boring but time will tell after a few of these Conquests go by. Worth always keeping this in mind by mixing things up with new rewards and interesting big battles. Think of mini "raid" bosses where you have to take down a much smaller version of the Sith Triumvirate, AAT, or Rancor raid. For example, the very last boss in Sector 5 can maybe be a copy of the Sith Trio in P4 from the Sith Raid or maybe a crazy powerful Vader like we saw at the end of Rogue One, or maybe the AT-ST similar to the Ewok event. Just so we have some variety and it is not just "here is another team to fight".

That is all I can think of right now but for sure those first few points I think are the most important for the continuing success of this game mode and its enjoyment! I basically saved you the time needed to watch my video but in case you still want to see it to hear me elaborate more you can find it here - https://youtube.com/watch?v=L_yvCFVO2MI&t

1) A lot of people think this isn't necessary as "War" is the "easy" mode. But a revamp of "War" would be nice for newer players.

2-7) Definitely agree with this.

8) Either just RNG or it hasn't been implemented yet.

9) I'm fine with it. Or they could make a new "Data Disk" currency.

10) Maybe a fleet conquest event in itself? But yes, fleets definitely need a revamp

11) Really good idea. Maybe theming certain conquests for certain things going on in Star Wars outside of the game?

On a side note: I love your videos and this is great feedback. Hopefully we get some of these changes soon!

“But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

How long you have played is almost meaningless in a game mode like this. Play style, and previous focuses have more to play into how well you will do than anything else.

This game has always been pretty f2p friendly, this game mode is also very f2p friendly. Not having a roster developed to do well in PvE isnt a game mode issue.

You should look for help and guidance, as there are many ways to progress in this game mode. It is meant to be progressive and more like farming than something that has a hard goal or end. No $$$ required in any way if you dont want to (as I said in my other post->>> this game mode is much like the game in general)
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options

Then you have been playing it wrong lol
    I retook my account 2 years ago (I created it on launch, but only got to like level 40-50 at that moment) and I'm almost sure I'll be able to get at least the 6th best crate

And no GL owner yet, 5 characters left to start farming SLKR
  • Options
    The stamina system needs to straight up go, stop telling me what I can use for your events and just let me play the way I want to!
  • Options
    The stamina system needs to straight up go, stop telling me what I can use for your events and just let me play the way I want to!

I've been using toons at 75% stamina in my alt, which has crappy mods, so I don't understand this constant complaint. it isn't *that* painful.
  • Options
    I do enjoy the new game mode, and I would like to be able to play it a bit more. The energy refresh rate is 12 minutes, so one node every 3 hours... Having a bonus energy or have it build up faster would be nice.