Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• I found out that some teams are extra fun to play against. I bring my GAS + 501st against the nightsisters and kill zombie over and over to see how high I can push their ichor counter before they get crazy strong and I chicken out and have to kill them off.
  • How about when you max out feats/keycards for a sector, that sector becomes free to play?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I do enjoy the new game mode, and I would like to be able to play it a bit more. The energy refresh rate is 12 minutes, so one node every 3 hours... Having a bonus energy or have it build up faster would be nice.

Honesty other things would "have to change " if they did that. Things are setup with a balance of what they are looking for, energy spent number of nodes, crystals for refreshes, and rewards are all parts of that balance, increasing energy would probably mean more nodes, but the rewards wouldnt change so more work less reward..... not saying it couldnt happen, but it's not likely.

There is also a time playing game aspect and the min/max ratio. Players feeling like they have to log in to not "waste energy" (and we are not talking about the ability to sim like other energy), is not a feeling they have to worry about in this setup, but would change if the rate did.

I find the balance they hit good, but I'm not logging in to do one battle. I have it working for my to go in 2-3 times in the day as I have the ability to do so, and burn the energy.
  • Would really prefer to not have to spend Conquest credits to move data disks. The days disks are probably one of the best most interesting aspects of this, but if you're really trying to be efficient you're not going to want to spend to change them. Can this be made to be regular credits like moving mods?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Would really prefer to not have to spend Conquest credits to move data disks. The days disks are probably one of the best most interesting aspects of this, but if you're really trying to be efficient you're not going to want to spend to change them. Can this be made to be regular credits like moving mods?

I dont see this one changing, but we can wait and see.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I do enjoy the new game mode, and I would like to be able to play it a bit more. The energy refresh rate is 12 minutes, so one node every 3 hours... Having a bonus energy or have it build up faster would be nice.

Honesty other things would "have to change " if they did that. Things are setup with a balance of what they are looking for, energy spent number of nodes, crystals for refreshes, and rewards are all parts of that balance, increasing energy would probably mean more nodes, but the rewards wouldnt change so more work less reward..... not saying it couldnt happen, but it's not likely.

There is also a time playing game aspect and the min/max ratio. Players feeling like they have to log in to not "waste energy" (and we are not talking about the ability to sim like other energy), is not a feeling they have to worry about in this setup, but would change if the rate did.

I find the balance they hit good, but I'm not logging in to do one battle. I have it working for my to go in 2-3 times in the day as I have the ability to do so, and burn the energy.

I don't really see 3 extra battles a day breaking the game. Typically I check every store refresh, 4-5 times a day. I guess I am excited for new PVE content and it does seem to be well done, imho.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    @CG_Doja_Fett or Mr @CG_SBCrumb loving the game mode, have a clarification question
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241766/the-galactic-conquest-begins-soon
    Note: Consumables, Data Disks are reset after each event, but Conquest Currency will remain for you to use on the next event. Conquest Currency has a cap of 3,500.

If I am understanding that statement correctly If I where to purchase a stim pack with credits or crystals and didn't use it this go around it will just be deleted and it is a wasted purchase?
    and what happens if I purchase them during the 2 weeks the event is running from the store are those also to be deleted when the new one starts?
  • Early days but credit where it's due, nice job CG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I don't really see 3 extra battles a day breaking the game. Typically I check every store refresh, 4-5 times a day. I guess I am excited for new PVE content and it does seem to be well done, imho.

42 extra battles in the whole period would probably have them changing the balance of how many nodes.

I'm not arguing one way or the other, I just feel like the balance they have for this game mode all feels "right". Enough flexibility for players to not stress, but enough game play to be engaging. And the iver all balance doesnt mean you have to put any crystals in, but you can for some added play and benefit. My personal opinion. And yes I would love to play this game mode more.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited March 2021
    scuba wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett or Mr @CG_SBCrumb loving the game mode, have a clarification question
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241766/the-galactic-conquest-begins-soon
    Note: Consumables, Data Disks are reset after each event, but Conquest Currency will remain for you to use on the next event. Conquest Currency has a cap of 3,500.

If I am understanding that statement correctly If I where to purchase a stim pack with credits or crystals and didn't use it this go around it will just be deleted and it is a wasted purchase?
    and what happens if I purchase them during the 2 weeks the event is running from the store are those also to be deleted when the new one starts?
    Correct, all consumables are reset for the next event Conquest. Those stim packs will be removed no matter where you purchased them from.
  • Well done Capital Games. Makes me rethink how I will play going forward.
  • WiseJedi
    218 posts Member
    I would like to thanks the whole dev team who was part of this mode and in general the devs for this great game.
    My first impression was great. I enjoyed it, I'm forced to use my whole roster.
    The only thing I miss which also applys to Galactic Challenge Mode, that there should be a way to implent nodes with fleet battles. Maybe a side path. In general fleet forces deserves more content ingame. Conquest Mode and GC could introduce some fleet action.

But at first I like the design, datadisc equipment and the path design with decision option.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Correct, all consumables are reset for the next event Conquest. Those stim packs will be removed no matter where you purchased them from.

So will the store not allow you to buy them when the event is not running so people are not just throwing credits out the window? Doesn't make sense that you can spend crystals and credits on something that you can never use
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager

So will the store not allow you to buy them when the event is not running so people are not just throwing credits out the window? Doesn't make sense that you can spend crystals and credits on something that you can never use
    You won't be able to buy consumables in between events
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member

You won't be able to buy consumables in between events

Thanks for clarifying. Some minor issues, however you all did great with this game mode
  • scuba wrote: »

If you're not going to use it don't buy it? Lol?
  • nottenst
    685 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I have a question about feats. I just started Sector 2 and the 3 feats I see are with the Boss and are listed as Simple Tricks, Unguarded, and Hindered Movement. When doing my second battle I accomplished the Super Support feat. Was that supposed to be listed somewhere? Are there random feats that you just happen to do?
  • nottenst wrote: »
    I have a question about feats. I just started Sector 2 and the 3 feats I see are with the Boss and are listed as Simple Tricks, Unguarded, and Hindered Movement. When doing my second battle I accomplished the Super Support feat. Was that supposed to be listed somewhere? Are there random feats that you just happen to do?

There are event feats, sector feats, and boss feats.
  • I’m loving seeing different teams. More randomization of the teams would be great! Home run guys and gals!
  • nottenst wrote: »

I know where to look for boss feats, but where do you find out about the other feats? Are they listed somewhere?
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    nottenst wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »

I know where to look for boss feats, but where do you find out about the other feats? Are they listed somewhere?

idn5xswg3fm7.jpg

maaqxu05oaxu.jpg

• Thanks. No idea why those parts of the screen did not catch my eye.
  • Moff_Mymeds
    48 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    :D I'm using the Booming Voice Datadisk with a GMY lead Jedi sqaud, with all the buffs and assists, the game slows down everytime Yoda does anything; the game clock will skip like 3 seconds

Finding fun ways to use these disks is very fun. Good show guys :) this is a great gamemode.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Missiour wrote: »

If you're not going to use it don't buy it? Lol?

How would you use them if the event isn't running. Reading is fundamental.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    New question @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb (may have been asked and answered if so please feel free to point me there anyone)
    Do the data discs stack or are they seperate?
    Example
    3 discs, 2 with 8% chance to reduce cd and 1 with 15% chance
    Is that 32% chance at reduction or does each process seperately?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    New question CG_Doja_Fett CG_SBCrumb (may have been asked and answered if so please feel free to point me there anyone)
    Example

From the explanation we got, they stack to a single instance. Not 3 separate instances.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    New question CG_Doja_Fett CG_SBCrumb (may have been asked and answered if so please feel free to point me there anyone)
    Example

From the explanation we got, they stack to a single instance. Not 3 separate instances.

Thanks, I figured it was answered somewhere, but my dev stalker didn't find it
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Until we get counters, the peeling TM feats in missions needs to go away. It’s getting kinda dumb having to play the guessing game for something like that
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    Cheers to the dev team for an outstanding effort on this. It’s been out less than 2 days and it may already be my favorite game mode.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Had an issue just now in the sector 3 boss fight. I finished all the feats and 3 starred the battle but it wont give me all the keycards. It took me a couple of tries to do the 35 critical hits feat so are we having the issue like we had in galactic challenge where if you lose a battle it won't register subsequent wins and feats? So far love the game mode and have already submitted this in the help feature. They haven't gotten back to me.

Nevermind I think another completed feat popped up at the end of my last battle. Guess I have to try again.

lq1mt9326adt.jpg