New conquest event feedback

167891012Next

Replies

• The one that I hate more than anything is the TM Removal from SEE w/ Vader ... both of whom are immune to TM Removal.

Yes, there are other characters on that squad, but it's completely ridiculous to put that feat on that Boss fight.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I used the "gain potency on resist card" and the usual buff/cooldown combo. After a few Force Crushes Vader was loading up SEE with DoTs and one-shot him.

I then whittled it down to just Sion, and using Thrawn lead you just spam his custom ability to avoid damaging Sion, then Gideon strips TM whenever it's his turn. Then with a minute left, kill him.
  • Conquest, my final feedback.

Status: Crate 7 achieved both events, normal and then hard.
    Total GP: 4.5M.
    Galactic legends: 1, Rey.

Difficulty: I will honestly say, difficulty is fine as-is, provided future conquests are indeed going to have different boss fights, etc. - It took me a little bit of legit theorycrafting to figure out teams to clear, 3*, and clear most/all feats in most of the hard mode boss fights - Feats make even the ridiculous data disk combinations not universally useful, as you can't really recover 500k health with vader spamming merciless, or kill multiple enemies in one turn with Han. I could perhaps see a difficulty decrease for sector 1 of normal, a difficulty increase for sector 5 of normal, and a difficulty increase for sector 5 of hard (yes, increase.), but that's based purely off the boss fights currently present - I think sector 5 normal would be a lot more difficult than it currently is just without a boss fight that multiple characters can straight up solo, all of which are super common, and similar with hard mode - However, I DO believe we either need an easy mode or normal sector 1's difficulty reduced, just so newer players can actually participate properly.

Length: Literally perfect.

Difficulty to achieve rewards: I feel like this is also pretty much perfect, as getting those later crates in hard mode required full theorycrafting on my part to figure out how to achieve certain feats with my current roster, but wouldn't be "overly" hard to achieve with a later game roster - For a recommended of 5M GP in hard mode, I feel like the feats and investment to achieve the max crate is just about perfect. Normal: I can't really say much from personal experience, as I maxed out almost every battle first try, but I feel like it's also mostly in a good spot, and it encourages people to actually chase more meta teams and engage with systems like mods, which helps breed competitiveness, which is a needed trait in a game like this, as well as better learn how characters and teams work.

Rewards: The big one.
    So, I think most of the rewards are good. However, I DO think the higher end crates, particularly in hard mode, DO drop off way too much of the lower end rewards - Someone around 4.5-5.5M GP is still going to be needing lots of stuff like stun guns, stun cuffs, G12+ gear, etc. - Especially with the larger and larger amount of characters needed fully geared for new events and legendaries/galactic legends/etc.

Additionally, there's definitely a few rewards available across all crate tiers, both normal and hard, that are.. well.. straight up useless to pretty much everyone. - The fact that the singular gear box in my hard 7 crate could be a MK4 stun gun that I have 2300 of, is a little... disappointing? - Especially with this being a once/month event, I feel like getting a complete "dud" of a reward like that in something you invested so much time and effort into shouldn't be a thing.

Data Disks: The big question of balance.
    So, I'll start by saying I don't think these need to be nerfed at all.
    What I'd like to see, is increased variety. There's a lot of buffs, a lot of effects, that currently go untouched by them. And this is why I say I don't think any of them need to be directly nerfed.
    Not a single one of these, except maybe the fear one (and only maybe) is "exceedingly broken" on it's own.
    So rather than nerf the disks that are performing really well, instead make it "harder" to get those particular combinations by adding more types of disks into the pool.

The other reason I say this, is because most of the Disks don't really "break" anything during your first 3, 4, sometimes, like my hard run, even 5 sectors - I got my last couple buff disks literally right at the end of sector 5.
    And the more variety there is, the more likely you are to have to wait until close to the end of a conquest to get an overly powerful combination, yet the more likely you are to get SOME combination of disks that help your progress.

Overall impressions: 10/10 event, with really only minor complaints/issues. A couple bugs need to be fixed (like the grayed out feats), some QoL improvements like feat trackers and stuff could be useful, and some minor changes to rewards could be made, but overall, this is probably the best an event has been at launch that I've seen in this game so far. It's surprisingly accessible, yet still challenging. It's rewarding, but not ridiculously overly or underly rewarding. It's long, but not too long, and not too short, either. Really, great job, guys.

You really don't need the world's best roster for this, you just need a good grasp of the game. And because it's ever changing, and includes more than one battle, it really does rely on your own personal knowledge and "skill" so to speak - This is particularly notable with how many people have had issues with the JML boss fight, despite how many very common characters can solo it - Game knowledge, character synergy, modifier/disk and character synergy, etc. knowledge seems to matter far, far more than just having a "strong" roster. Which I, for one, greatly appreciate.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    The one that I hate more than anything is the TM Removal from SEE w/ Vader ... both of whom are immune to TM Removal.

Yes, there are other characters on that squad, but it's completely ridiculous to put that feat on that Boss fight.

Forcing you to use strategy isn't ridiculous. If it's not obtainable, then it's ridiculous.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    The one that I hate more than anything is the TM Removal from SEE w/ Vader ... both of whom are immune to TM Removal.

you don't need to do it
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I left most of the "wish I had a counter" single battle feats alone, and a GAS node 1/3 and still earned red crate. Go back occasionally to try the feats but no pressure. I'm glad you don't need to finish everything to earn max rewards.
  • I have a suggestion that would also check the box for the oft requested sandbox mode. What if, after you get the max reward, it became free to remove data disks? While not expensive, we are incentivized in this game to hoard and not spend frivolously. Removing the data disks (and the cost) allows us to fight the various teams and test out, while not having a skewed result from the equipped data disks. Otherwise, it is an enjoyable mode but could get redundant after a few.
  • @Trana963

I actually suggested the same thing a while back. Like, during the test of Normal mode. I think it's a fantastic idea and really does help turn Conquest into the Sandbox everyone wants with almost zero programming on the part of CG.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Just for funsies (and possibly to add a bit of revenue stream from refreshes and balance out gear income by maybe getting players to spend a touch more event currency on disks/consumables), I’d like to see a Title reward beyond the T7 red crate of Hard Mode at the max 453 key cards - maybe something like ‘obsessed’, ‘over-achiever’, or ‘completionist’.

Really enjoying the game mode, but I do concur with the general consensus of feedback offered in here (chasing down the feat grey-out bug, adding a feat counter, eliminating duplicate data disks from a single node).

6.8M and should hit max reward crate tonight having purchased 3 energy refreshes and spending under 100 credits shuffling data disks to optimize for certain feats.
  • For end-game players, it's too easy to finish even the hard nodes without refresh. Consider adding more battles to each sector. You can increase the threshold for each crate, but you are also giving out more currencies this way, so people won't complain too much

If it's easy, remove ur data disks and make it difficult

I could technically except for the boss feats. But my main point is to further encourage players to have a bigger roster. If you are perfect in most battles you don't need to refresh to get max rewards currently
  • If you are perfect in most battles you don't need to refresh to get max rewards currently

Here's my take: That's a good thing.

If they don't give you enough energy to complete it without refreshes, then what you get at the end isn't pure reward. It's a mix of rewards & purchases. With 20 wins required in p1, 2 phases where you have to go 14/14 with a single faction (which on a practical level means you're going to redo at least a couple fights given that the designated faction isn't always going to be the faction you need), at least a couple bosses where you can't get all the feats with the same squad, so you have to beat the boss more than once...

... I think the energy is about right. Remember that you have to win 100 battles total as well. 8 per day = 12.5 days to get 100 battles done without refreshes, assuming that you never lose a battle, which I find unrealistic - well, I find it unrealistic for the first couple run throughs since you're still learning all the special abilities of the various factions & the best strategies to beat them. I've lost 4 fights so far, so assuming that I beat JML/S5 next time (I've lost twice), I'm at 13 full days of energy to finish out of 14 days total.

Sure, I probably won't need to buy refills, but it's getting close. I think a lot of people in my situation would be nervous and ready to buy about now, just to make sure they get it done.

it should be difficult. it should be a close thing. But it should also be doable. Required victories use 12.5 days energy out of 14, so about 90% of your energy is already allocated.

To me that seems about right.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    No feats that require counters should be included in Conquest until the team figures out a way to include counters in Conquest.

CG - your next event feat for Conquest is to make a counter. Until you have completed that feat, don't make us do any without one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • To me we need at least 20 aeroamplifiers for the last chest... it is the only way for us to get R8 if our guild doesn’t beat the rancor... if we have one conquest per month, we will need 2 months to put a r8 on a toon, so it means only 6 per year, it digs a serious gap between top players... if we can complete hard mode each time it comes! I bet that we will need R8 for next GL’s, so it seems not fair at all... we will just have to wait the requirements for GL’s and hoard... not fair at all! I don’t want to leave my guild but it seems that we won’t have choice if we eant to remain competitive!
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    After the hard conquest, I would say it is well designed and I really have the feeling I’m playing the game again! Here’s my comments:

1- difficulty should be increased. 4-5 days and it’s completed for a 7 millions GP
    2- more feats or more faction linked feats.
    3- when you get the red box without having complete all feats, it would be cool if I can continue to get all feats. Since I have to spend to change disk, I just not play conquest anymore. If you have a bonus to complete all feats ( like zeta or something we are looking for) then it worth the disk change cost.
    4- Feats that you don’t have to do something to get it are pretty much useless. Like kill 100 ennemy. Playing conquest you will kill 100 ennemy.
  • 1- difficulty should be increased. 4-5 days and it’s completed for a 7 millions GP

Nope. It doesn't matter what your GP, it takes 1500 energy to complete 100 battles, and you have to win 100 battles to get the 50-each light side & dark side feats.

1500 energy/120 energy per day = 12.5 days, minus 1.2 days for starting out with 144 energy = 11.3 days to complete, no matter what your GP.

Now, if you choose to spend crystals on Conquest energy, you can complete it in 1 day - assuming you spend enough crystals - so anything less than 11.3 days isn't reflecting how hard it is. It's reflecting how much you're willing to spend. That's a terrible measure of difficulty.

Just choose not to spend and deal with the anxiety you don't know what's coming or if you're going to get into trouble by not leaving yourself enough time at the end to figure things out if they do come up with a difficult battle. There's a challenge for you to try to master.

Full disclosure: I mastered it. Full red crate/hard with a couple days left to use Conquest as a sandbox and ZERO crystals spent.
    when you get the red box without having complete all feats, it would be cool if I can continue to get all feats.

You can continue to get all the feats. Nothing is stopping you.
    If you have a bonus to complete all feats ( like zeta or something we are looking for) then it worth the disk change cost.

This is why other people have suggested that if you get the Red Crate they end all costs for changing disks for the rest of that round of conquest. This not only lets you do what you want (collect last few feats without spending on disk changes for zero rewards, not because you add rewards but because you eliminate the cost of changes), but it also lets you use the whole Conquest mode as a sandbox - sometime people have been asking for for a long time.

The far superior solution is not adding more rewards for perfection (unless, as someone suggested, it's just a prestige title), but eliminating disk-swapping costs.

4- Feats that you don’t have to do something to get it are pretty much useless. Like kill 100 ennemy. Playing conquest you will kill 100 ennemy.

Well, sort of. It gives players something to do if they reach a node that they can't get past. I agree that some of these are less well conceived than others, but they're not useless. IN fact the one you're citing (100 enemies) is one that's interesting because you can't get it just by defeating all the enemies in a stage one time. However, you can get it if you get to a NightSister node and repeatedly kill the Zombie as many times as possible in 4.5 minutes, then finish up the battle quickly. Those extra Zombie deaths will allow you to get the feat done on a single run-through. That sort of thing makes a difference because now it matters not just that you win, but how you go about winning.

And I can see how faction feats might make the game more interesting for some people, but it won't for people with 7M gp. At 7M gp you've got all the best toons from EVERY faction at g12 or higher. So long as the feat is possible to accomplish, you have the tools to accomplish it. The faction feats are only genuinely interesting when you're below 6M gp, maybe even only interesting if you're below 5.5M gp. At those GP levels there are going to be whole factions you've neglected, and running across a feat for one of those will make the game difficult: you'll have to waste energy by picking out the one node that your faction can beat, then hitting that node over and over while your high-power toons fight through the rest of the sector so you can progress. That raises issues of whether you can complete the Conquest in the 14 days provided or if you need to purchase energy refreshes.

But at 7M gp faction feats aren't going to matter at all.

• This is a bug report.
    It's graying out unaccomplished feats sometimes. fqbrv6g8xklw.jpg
  • My feedback.
    Fix the bug with feats, obviously
    Add the needed feat counters.
    Fix the rewards...
    Rewards should not take away items as you progress to higher boxes, and get rid of the garbage gear in the boxes. Add kyros to the rewards pools.
  • Being charged to switch our data discs is a bit much when the only way to check what one's we aren't using is to equip them. I long hold on them to show what they do would be nice.
  • You're only charged when you fully confirm the swap though. Removing/equipping them to see what they do is a cumbersome process, but doesn't cost you anything.
  • Overall, I have been pleased with Conquest. My few comments to improve this mode are:

1. Please, PLEASE, add some counters for the feats ... this would be a great 'quality of life' update
    2. In the Normal mode, I thought the reward boxes shifted nicely. However, in the Hard mode, rather than going from 2-2-2-2 to 1-1-1-1, I think the boxes should stay at 2-2-2-2, or at least stay at 2 boxes for G12+, G12 and the core (purple) box. All of this gear is still needed, and the core box needs to stay at two unless you ...
    3. GET RID OF THE USELESS GEAR!! (many have said this). This was inevitable at some point, but I got one core box with 15 Mk IV Stun Guns that I already have over 4500. Some of the other G12+ and G12 drops are marginal (meaning I won't need them for months), but they should be useful somewhere down the line. It's just disappointing to play a mode for two weeks and then get gear that drops 3 days per week. The gear, all of the gear, needs to reflect the effort put into the mode.

Overall though, I thought that this was a challenging and reasonably paced game more, and with the exceptions above, I thought the rewards were pretty reasonable. Thanks.
  • The hard mode crates need Mk 9 Kyrotech Battle Computers and Mk 7 Kyrotech Shock Prods in them. It seems like every new character released needs 200+ of each of these.
  • Crate rewards need to be better. For such a long event, the rewards were pretty underwhelming. We need some kyros in there, better g12+ drops, more relic materials (I went to hard t6 and stopped). Kinda silly to get what we got after the time and effort involved.
  • voska
    4 posts Member
    This new conquest sucks. I mean how many of the same disks to I need. 3 set of all that same and none of them are any good. They've made this conquest way to hard for the reward you get at the end. Maybe 1 good pieces of equipment and the rest just piling on thousands I already have. Only the Shards are good except I don't even Beskar Mando so Razor Crest is useless. I'm not going for new GL so Ashoka is useless to me right now. I'm working on other GLs. So the rewards suck in normal. I heard from a friend that I can better reward doing phase 1 only in Hard and that I can do. This one here suck Rey. Tried every thing but stuck. Yeah unlimited turns for Vader was silly and needed fixing but this went too far.

I give this conquest change a F fail. I
  • voska
    4 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @SquirtyMcFunbuns that's hard to believe. I managed all the sectors with 5.2m GP and even avoided using SLKR other than feat cleanup and the final JMLS fight.

Perhaps it's an issues of modding or poor data card choices. You can punch way above weight class with the right cards.

I haven’t unlocked any galactic legend characters. I’m f2p. This event isn’t happening for me.

Ah yes, the good old "you gotta be p2p to have a GL" argument. Never gets old.

You don’t have to but it does limit your choices quite a bit. I’ve stopped my GL grind to focus on the Beskar Mando farm for now. GL always gets pushed to the back burner because of the length of farm. I’m fine with that.

I'm F2P working GL Rey, I've been at since March. I'm figuring another 2 months to go. 3 more toons to relic. Have all the gear to get all the toons to relic 5. It's doable just take focus. I did that to GAS, that took 4 months. By the time I got him I the currency to take it to 7 stars.

I picked GL Rey because I had relics resistance character for the Sith Raid. Next in line Sith Eternal Gl as just happen to have all but 2 farmed and and have 2 relics there Vader and Thrawn. In getting Sith Enternal I get Palpatine. Figure I'll 3 GL by this time next year.

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Just wanna say ...

Difficult and frasutrating are 2 very different things. Some battles are difficult, but worth the effort.

Difficult and frasutrating are things like tm removal with no idea how much tm has been removed.

• I can clear all levels (hard) and after spending a few crystals for energy refresh, I was able to get most of those feats done and got top 2 crates in last 2 rounds.

Without powerful discs my teams just impossible to take down GL. Modifiers make me feel like some powerful discs went to the other side. With difficulty skyrocketed , I don’t bother to spend crystals(way too far from better rewards and lack of fun value)

My toons are more fleet focused so total GP count is not a good indicator (some good pilots are rather useless in normal battles even with relic) and they are just sleeping on the bench
  • Holy zombie thread resurrection, batman.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    It would be cool when needing to switch disks around that I knew which was which. The unequipted disks have no way of viewing what they are unless you pull off an equipted disk and go through the whole list one by one.

No you can add disks over the limit to see what you have. It's not great but you can do it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH