Won all matches and didn’t get first place rewards

Supacoopa
15 posts Member
edited March 2021
I won all three of my matches in this week of grand arena, but I got second place rewards. Some guy with lower GP than me got at least 1 by this round, and somehow also got three wins, and placed above me. I find it ridiculous that I win all matches, and don’t get the first place rewards. I request a fix this and would appreciate my full rewards.ul6wals17duj.png

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    This I can get on board with. No way you should be eligible for 1st with a bye in one round. I know it's not that player's fault that they didn't have an opponent, but you did, and still won.
  • I don’t mind them getting first place rewards since they didn’t lose, just don’t let the one who won all three matches not get it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Supacoopa wrote: »
    I don’t mind them getting first place rewards since they didn’t lose, just don’t let the one who won all three matches not get it.

Agreed 100%.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Is there any hope of me getting my rewards? Or do they not fix these kind of individual problems?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Is there any hope of me getting my rewards? Or do they not fix these kind of individual problems?

Well, it's been said that CG reads the forums....so I guess we'll find out. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    I don't get how it is possible. Quarter final - Semi final - Final, even if you have a bye in one of these match, you can't have 2 winners. That's some weird bug you got there Oo
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is there any hope of me getting my rewards? Or do they not fix these kind of individual problems?

Is there hope, yes. But no one can tell you what will happen as this is a unlikely situation.

Agree with the above, it seems like a bug, unless they got 2 byes you should have faced them..

7 players
    Round 1 - 3 winners 1 bye
    Round 2 - should have been all the winners vs each other -> 2 winners
    Round 3 - 2 winners face each other

Not sure how it works out any other way...

@CG_Doja_Fett was made aware of this.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I don't get how it is possible. Quarter final - Semi final - Final, even if you have a bye in one of these match, you can't have 2 winners. That's some weird bug you got there Oo

Going into the final round of battles, I, the guy I battled and the guy who got 1st all had 2 wins beforehand. They must have either gotten another bye in the final round, or battled someone with a lower win loss ratio. The system when it’s a group of less than 8 is not how I would have thought it would be.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Going into the final round of battles, I, the guy I battled and the guy who got 1st all had 2 wins beforehand. They must have either gotten another bye in the final round, or battled someone with a lower win loss ratio. The system when it’s a group of less than 8 is not how I would have thought it would be.

If playing Magic: TG in college taught me something (other than how to do a proper riffle shuffle or what is a Taïga), it's that it can't happen in a 8 players Round Robin, even with a bye, because the bye goes to the one with less victories. So bug, or the programmers are too young to have known the CCG golden years ;)
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

If playing Magic: TG in college taught me something (other than how to do a proper riffle shuffle or what is a Taïga), it's that it can't happen in a 8 players Round Robin, even with a bye, because the bye goes to the one with less victories. So bug, or the programmers are too young to have known the CCG golden years ;)

Heh, well I don’t know how they programmed the byes, but the way I would have expected it to be(clearly not how it worked) would be the bye is like a player who always loses. They fill in the bracket spots and play the loser of each round, ultimately ending up at the 0 wins place and everyone gets else has a normal kind of round.