New Galactic Conquest Genosian Node Unbeatable?

I'm only on Sector 1 28/66 and have been getting 3/3 mostly. DV Zeta'd MM and R4 EP, Tark, Thrawn and CD all at least GL XI and at start of the Geo Brute Node? They kill 4/5 of my squad before I even get a turn!! Only DV is left. Up to now I was 3/3 on all save for maybe 2 nodes. Anyone fight this node yet and wanna chat about it?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Have you been using the same team for all your previous battles? If their stamina is getting low their stats will be low too.
  • Elbryrwyn
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    **Update** Ok, I just tried with Bastila lead, JKR, Ezra, GMY and DV. I did better but the Geo tank taunts unending and after getting him almost dead got full health and prot back. They attacked over and over gain unti lI was dead. Everyone modded with A5's or better with as much dmg I can insert while putting Prot.Helth.D on them.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Speed. Go first. Did those nodes with Vader under Palp. Equip cards that make you faster if possible.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    If your stamina is low let it recover.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    Do you not have Traya?
  • Options
    No Traya, working on DR now and building BSF and HK while chasing that so I'll be rdy. Speed cards yeah? I went for prot, health etc. I'll try that!!
  • Options
    Sta mis that bar under my toons? Lol U can laugh I dove right in w minimal research.
  • Options
    Depending on what you have, CLS, Raid Han, Chewbacca, Chewie&Threepio, C3P0 will make short work of geos. Stun their leader with Han's opening, use CLS special so you can get around taunts, use some AoEs and you should be golden.
    With plenty of speed (and a full stamina bar) your initial team with palps, vader, thrawn should be able to win as well...
  • Options
    Thanks so much for replies. I'ma link my roster here. Lil about me... Been playing for about 6 years. I had HK YEARS ago but I come from end game raiding, mmorpg stuff. I approached this game like this: Arena is for people who enjoy PVP, SHips for people who like that. I played before Fleet was even dev'd in lol. I recently re-dedicated myself since nothing along the mmorpg tip bites me rn. I learned more and researched more in the past 2 mos than in all the years playing. Like most "newbs" I got lost and wasted mats/time chasing too much at once but now I know what I want. I have a serious question... I finally got DV R$ and MM Z'd. I used to spread myself all over and in my mmos I ALWAYS play the evil.bad guys. In SWTOR I was main tank Sith Assasin for years I didn't know that you had to have many strong teams here until months ago. My strongest team rn is DV,EP, Thrawn, Tark, and either CD or TFP. My Jedi team is getting there with JKR, ****, GMY, Ezra and Jolee. Working on subbing in JKA cause I heard until Jolee gets rez he's not good there. Now... here's the question. My next "chase" is DR for a DR, BSF, HK, DV team. I have the 5 needed for the whole event and leveling them up. (u can see em on my swgg roster) I have ONE Zeta on DV MM, I was saving my ability mats to get a 2nd Zeta which begs the question... EP lead? Another on DV? Start Zeta'd my JKR team which seems pointless since I rock DV etc? Or sit on the Omegas and use the others to level up the abilities on the 5 needed for DR? I went from 800k-ish GP to where I'm at now in just under 2 mos. I'm seriously digging this game and it bit me HARD!! SO understand why I am where I am right now after playing so long. I took year long breaks in between. Much much thanks and appreciation up front knowing this is a lengthy thread. Thanks Cheers!!

https://swgoh.gg/p/929232242/characters/
  • Rebuc
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I use Jawas for anything Geo...gives them a purpose, and I love watching each bug pop one after another from all the thermals stacked on them. Just hit auto, sit back and watch.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    No its not. Traya wipes it out without trying
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Personally, I use Jawas for anything Geo...gives them a purpose, and I love watching each bug pop one after another from all the thermals stacked on them. Just hit auto, sit back and watch.

I love jawas and use them in GAC all the time. But, frustratingly, they're not good for Conquest unless they're massively geared. The problem is that if one dies you get 2 stars, and if you get 2 stars you get 2 keycards, meaning you'll have to do it a second time with another team that doesn't take a casualty to pick up that third keycard.

Very frustrating. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut......... (silver lining) .......also a good excuse to take all my jawas to g12 instead of the 3v3 jawas at g12 and the rest at g11!

Edit: Alternatively, I guess you could just get 2* and eat the missing keycard. That way you at least advance past the node. Towards the end of the event, if that one keycard is all that's standing between you and another level of prize, THEN go back and do it. Okay, yeah, ignore what I say above, then. Keep using jawas and only go back if needed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    @NicWester that's what I'm doing. I've lost a few stars on some nodes trying teams out or keeping a certain team running untill about 50-60% stamina but I'll go back to them if need be. For now I'm just going forward. Just beat sector 3, now on to sector 4

To @Elbryrwyn your roster sadly won't get much done yet. Only with vader being your relic, it's going to start to get real hard the more sectors you get into. Luckily this is a long term game mode which means over time of developing your roster, you'll get better and better
  • Options
    I don't see the need to spend crystals on the event. We have 14 days and Sector 1 took 1.3 days worth of energy. I expect it will be more nodes per Sector as we go along, but it's not easy to measure by glancing at how many key cards a sector is worth, given that there will also be more feats. I'll happily go along for a week with no spending, then see where I am with progress.

Assuming that I'm done or near done with Sector 3 after 7 days + the starting energy of 144, I won't have anything to worry about with the final Sector. If it looks like it will start getting tight, I'll spend some energy next week to make sure I finish with enough time left to go back & 3/3 the battles I scored low b/c I was experimenting with new teams & learning the system.
  • Options
    Elbryrwyn wrote: »
    I'm only on Sector 1 28/66 and have been getting 3/3 mostly. DV Zeta'd MM and R4 EP, Tark, Thrawn and CD all at least GL XI and at start of the Geo Brute Node? They kill 4/5 of my squad before I even get a turn!! Only DV is left. Up to now I was 3/3 on all save for maybe 2 nodes. Anyone fight this node yet and wanna chat about it?

Nightsisters. MT-Daka-Asajj-Spirit-Zombie. They walk through bugs every time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't see the need to spend crystals on the event. We have 14 days and Sector 1 took 1.3 days worth of energy. I expect it will be more nodes per Sector as we go along, but it's not easy to measure by glancing at how many key cards a sector is worth, given that there will also be more feats. I'll happily go along for a week with no spending, then see where I am with progress.

Assuming that I'm done or near done with Sector 3 after 7 days + the starting energy of 144, I won't have anything to worry about with the final Sector. If it looks like it will start getting tight, I'll spend some energy next week to make sure I finish with enough time left to go back & 3/3 the battles I scored low b/c I was experimenting with new teams & learning the system.

Same plan, first week, just ride the free energy, second week fill in the gaps as needed. 3 50 refreshes a day means you wont spend any more waiting for the last 4-5 days to figure out what you want and what you need to do to get there.

Dont want to wait too long though, because then you also run into stamina issues. Overall Normal is "too easy" for developed rosters. I can see that being a pretty nice farming setup for mid range players to hang in normal max it out for a few months before moving to hard where they will not progress as far for free.
  • Options
    Dont want to wait too long though, because then you also run into stamina issues.

Yes, this is exactly why I'm only waiting a week instead of something closer to 10 or 11 days.
  • Options
    Ran into a hilarious situation, had sabine attack fives for 1 minute and 20 seconds XD back to back to back. Fives went from 300k hp and protection to dead lmao 🤣
  • Rebuc
    85 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »

I love jawas and use them in GAC all the time. But, frustratingly, they're not good for Conquest unless they're massively geared. The problem is that if one dies you get 2 stars, and if you get 2 stars you get 2 keycards, meaning you'll have to do it a second time with another team that doesn't take a casualty to pick up that third keycard.

Very frustrating. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut......... (silver lining) .......also a good excuse to take all my jawas to g12 instead of the 3v3 jawas at g12 and the rest at g11!

Edit: Alternatively, I guess you could just get 2* and eat the missing keycard. That way you at least advance past the node. Towards the end of the event, if that one keycard is all that's standing between you and another level of prize, THEN go back and do it. Okay, yeah, ignore what I say above, then. Keep using jawas and only go back if needed.

To be fair, my Jawas are all R2 at the moment, so I dont really have any problems with them lol.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Same plan, first week, just ride the free energy, second week fill in the gaps as needed. 3 50 refreshes a day means you wont spend any more waiting for the last 4-5 days to figure out what you want and what you need to do to get there.

Dang, for some reason I thought you had those energy refreshes only available ONCE per whole event. So I thought you only had those 3 50 crystal refreshes for the whole 2 weeks, and not just for the day. This makes things a lot easier of course. I have no idea why I assumed it was for the entirety of the event... lol
  • Options
    LOL, yeah.

It means I'm only on Sector 3 as of this morning, but there's plenty of time to move forward, and best of all with so many people spending crystals early, I get to learn from the mistakes of people who are ahead of me.

That didn't save me from actually dropping a battle this morning, though. I was using it a little too much like a sandbox & thought I would use my Phasma/junk FO squad to take out a Carth node. They got on a TM & healing roll and crushed me. Whoops!