Data Discs rule! Let's create our own

DK_Raid_Violator
244 posts Member
edited March 2021
If you like me loves the creative possibilities (and control!) the Data Disc give us, then you might get ideas for more. Let's have some fun and create some ourselves
Disclaimer to the mods: this is just us having fun, they are not suggestions for the devs, so pls, pls don't move the tread to some obscure sub-forum!

Template
  • [NAME]
  • Rarity: Grey/Green/Blue/Purple
  • Size: */**/***/****
  • Rules: Your idea

A few examples (most are proof of concept ideas/design space):
  • Miniaturization
  • Rarity: Blue
  • Size: *
  • Rules: If you have at least 12 data discs equipped, then gain 4 data capacity

• Discount
  • Size: **
  • Rules: The cost of removing other data discs is reduced to 0

• The more the merrier
  • Rarity: Purple
  • Size: ****
  • Rules: Your 6th slot becomes available, but the leader ability of the toon in the 6th slot is not active.

• Take out
  • Size: ***
  • Rules: Your toon get the special "Take out" action. Take out: instantly defeat this toon and target enemy. This ability can only be used once each battle.

• Fair play
  • Size: ***
  • Rules: At the beginning of the battle, the speed of all enemies is adjusted to be the same as your leader's speed

• Right off the bat
  • Rarity: Green
  • Rules: A random ally gain a bonus turn at the beginning of the battle [max once per toon] .

• Strength Through Diversity
  • Rules: All allies gain +5% offense and +5 speed for each different tag on your team ("support", "Jedi", "Light side" etc)

• Defence is better than you think
  • Rarity: Grey
  • Rules: Allies not in the leader spot gain +3% defence for each Data Disc you own (equipped or not)
  • Notes: I wanted to make a simple, small gray disc (I think those are the hardest to make interesting) that also made sense in sector 5. And I wanted to highlight the possibility to boost everyone but the leader

• Bugged buff disc
  • Rules: Allies gain a random non-unique buff at the beginning of each of their turns. If you control 2 different bugged discs, then gain 2 buffs instead.
  • Notes: Some players love randomness. This is tied to its "evil twin": bugged debuff disc (see below) as I wanted some disc that combined into something as you got a "set" of them.

• Bugged debuff disc
  • Rules: Enemies inflict a random non-unique debuff on themselves at the beginning of each of their turns. If you control 2 different bugged discs, they inflict 2 debuffs instead.

Replies

• Reserved
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Just one correction before I find the time to come up with something of my own: If I understand it correctly, the rarity isn't tied to the individual effect but rather higher rarities give the same effect but better. For example, I have some grey Decay: Turn Meter disks that remove 5% tm and a green one that removes 6.5%.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    F2P Galactic Legend disc
    Rarity: Purple
    Size: ****
    Rules: At the start of the encounter, a random ally will be replaced by one of the existing Galactic Legend characters. The randomly assigned Galactic Legend character has maxed relic levels and its ultimate ability unlocked. It will be equipped with the mods of the replaced character. If the team already includes a galactic legend character, then this charcter will be replaced (since no more than one GL character on a team allowed).
    Post edited by Antario on
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Just one correction before I find the time to come up with something of my own: If I understand it correctly, the rarity isn't tied to the individual effect but rather higher rarities give the same effect but better. For example, I have some grey Decay: Turn Meter disks that remove 5% tm and a green one that removes 6.5%.

Not for all Discs. Some of the Grey ones have better green and/or blue versions, but a lot of discs are unique.

• We are one
    • Rules: All allies gain all tags (excluding the Galactic Legend tag) other allies have.
    • Note: Will a Nightsister Galactic republic jedi SLKR beat the game with KAM and zombie? Most likely. Will it be fun? Ohh yahh!
    • Debuff immunity
    • Rules: At the beginning of your leaders turn a random ally gains debuff immunity for 1 turn. This buff cannot be resisted, prevented or dispelled.