How to use conquest consumables

Rebuc
81 posts Member
I've bought a few of them from the traveling Jawa dude, but I dont understand how to actually use them.

Everything I've read says you activate them, or they reset after something...but I have no clue how to actually use one. When I click on the consumables tab in the game mode, it says I dont have any either which is weird, because when I click on the wandering scavenger and look at the stims for example, it says I have a few.

I dont get it, how do these work?

Replies

• To use the stims click the toon you want plus bar (the stamina bar) and then it should somewhere on there say consumables
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    First, when you are on the "Consumables" tab, there are 3 sections, you can click on those to see all the things you bought.

Stims are only usable on characters that have low stamina. Go to the team builder screen, and press on the '+' next to the stamina bar and then you will be given the option to use them on that stats screen.
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    Thanks, I swear I had tried clicking on the plus under a toon that had less than full stamina and nothing happened, I see it working now though.
    Kyno wrote: »
    First, when you are on the "Consumables" tab, there are 3 sections, you can click on those to see all the things you bought.

Stims are only usable on characters that have low stamina. Go to the team builder screen, and press on the '+' next to the stamina bar and then you will be given the option to use them on that stats screen.

In the consumables tab, I see the three sections and again, nothing shows up in them. The only way I can see that I have anything is to go back to the wandering scavenger, it says I have x number of some items. Absolutely nothing shows in the three sections in the consumables tab.
  • Go back to the first Conquest page, where you select which Sector you want to enter. On the right side of the screen there is a small button labeled "Inventory." Click that, which brings up two tabs: left tab "Data Disks", right tab "Consumables." Click on Consumables.
    Now there are three sections: Boosters, Medpacs, Techs. Click each of these to see the items you have collected. Click an item to use it; it will give you the option to Confirm before the item is consumed. From there, we guess that the item actually works in the battles. I assume the descriptor "Max Duration" means that it will last for X number of battles, but cannot say for sure.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Thanks, I swear I had tried clicking on the plus under a toon that had less than full stamina and nothing happened, I see it working now though.

In the consumables tab, I see the three sections and again, nothing shows up in them. The only way I can see that I have anything is to go back to the wandering scavenger, it says I have x number of some items. Absolutely nothing shows in the three sections in the consumables tab.

Yes, it does appear that stim packs are not visible in the consumables tab, only on the characters tab.
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    Go back to the first Conquest page, where you select which Sector you want to enter. On the right side of the screen there is a small button labeled "Inventory." Click that, which brings up two tabs: left tab "Data Disks", right tab "Consumables." Click on Consumables.
    Now there are three sections: Boosters, Medpacs, Techs. Click each of these to see the items you have collected. Click an item to use it; it will give you the option to Confirm before the item is consumed. From there, we guess that the item actually works in the battles. I assume the descriptor "Max Duration" means that it will last for X number of battles, but cannot say for sure.

Nothing shows up there, that's what I'm saying, each of the three is empty.

hgheke93s1ml.png
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    I do see them in the character section though, I can use one on a toon that is less than 100%, I just thought I should be able to see them in the inventory section too, but nothing shows there.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I was hoping this thread would instead discuss how to use consumables intelligently ;)
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    I was hoping this thread would instead discuss how to use consumables intelligently ;)

I'm sure that will happen once everyone figures them out. I was just asking how because it isn't exactly spelled out in the game anywhere.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

For the most part, you want to buy them and use them when you need to, and only exactly what you need to get through whatever your situation is.
  • bearnax
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2021

For the most part, you want to buy them and use them when you need to, and only exactly what you need to get through whatever your situation is.

Is there a way to use consumables in the "boss" battles / last battle of the sector or are they just for the normal battles?
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    bearnax wrote: »

Is there a way to use consumables in the "boss" battles / last battle of the sector or are they just for the normal battles?

They should work in whatever battle(s) you do after activatiing them. Boss or otherwise. But I'm not sure why it says Max Duration? Does this mean they might last for fewer battles than the max?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Fanatic wrote: »

They should work in whatever battle(s) you do after activatiing them. Boss or otherwise.

This. They have a duration, but that is only for successful attempts and is the only limiting factor on them.