What's going on with Galactic War??

Etigob
3 posts Member
edited May 2023
Battles were at least challenging near the end before and I maybe missed two or three wars because of difficult teams, but since Conquest update, the difficulty went up massively, to the point where my heroes can get one shotted even before the sixth battle by some ludicrous opponents...

Is this how things are supposed to go or what? What's up with that?

Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What level are you at?
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    War scales off of your GP. If you're still fairly new, and have made great power increases in your top teams without necessarily investing in good synergy teams or mods, you will probably experience more difficult teams earlier.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    War scales off of your GP. If you're still fairly new, and have made great power increases in your top teams without necessarily investing in good synergy teams or mods, you will probably experience more difficult teams earlier.

This, but I believe that caps at level 85, but I would have to go back and look at the post about this change back on the day.
  • My GP didn't get any significant boost and I have only one team I am focusing on plus 2-3 other heroes top. The rest is barely leveled fodder. My GP is currently around 320000 and I have a separatist team and a good ship arena team. So far, I completed galactic war almost daily and I failed maybe 3-4 times only, hitting a wall at the second last or last team. Now however, things are brutal, and it happened in one go. Do you maybe remember hitting a wall early on as well? I was hoping to reach 50 wins in no time to enjoy the sims, so it's kind of frustrating now haha.
  • Etigob wrote: »
    My GP didn't get any significant boost and I have only one team I am focusing on plus 2-3 other heroes top. The rest is barely leveled fodder. My GP is currently around 320000 and I have a separatist team and a good ship arena team. So far, I completed galactic war almost daily and I failed maybe 3-4 times only, hitting a wall at the second last or last team. Now however, things are brutal, and it happened in one go. Do you maybe remember hitting a wall early on as well? I was hoping to reach 50 wins in no time to enjoy the sims, so it's kind of frustrating now haha.

Once upon a time, there were NO SIMS :scream::scream: Based on my experience in War, I found it was easier once I developed 2 complete teams. When I started my alt I did Dooku/Nute lead geonosians and Phoenix. Betting on just 1 team to get you through the whole thing is dangerous bc if RNG doesn't smile upon you or gives you harder opponents, you'll struggle. But it does increase in difficulty the more you grow those toons and push their levels and your own player level. Until you hit level 85, at least.
  • Naver666
    292 posts Member
    I haven't played War since it is simable (for me) but i remember it used to be brutal for starting Accounts. It got better once i had 3 or 4 well synergy teams but still i didn't clear it everytime.
  • Thanks everyone! I'll hang in there and see how it develops while PATIENTLY struggle to reach that 50 wins lol. At least it's good to see that it wasn't anything strange. I'll try to forget my nightmares about full clone teams and gear X jedi teams with Yoda on crack. /waves
  • Lethoiun
    165 posts Member
    aayla can always solo GW for me
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Etigob wrote: »
    My GP didn't get any significant boost and I have only one team I am focusing on plus 2-3 other heroes top. The rest is barely leveled fodder. My GP is currently around 320000 and I have a separatist team and a good ship arena team. So far, I completed galactic war almost daily and I failed maybe 3-4 times only, hitting a wall at the second last or last team. Now however, things are brutal, and it happened in one go. Do you maybe remember hitting a wall early on as well? I was hoping to reach 50 wins in no time to enjoy the sims, so it's kind of frustrating now haha.

GW difficulty used to scale according to the Stat power of your top 5 characters. I believe it still does which would mean that if you upgrade your top team the difficulty increases. If you only have that one strong separatist team you may have trouble with some types of enemy teams - especially since separatists (other than geos) lack healing abilities (apart from the odd self-healing).

• TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    IIRC after you complete that 50 times you also need to hit level 85 to be able to Sim.
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    IIRC after you complete that 50 times you also need to hit level 85 to be able to Sim.

This, I hit 50 wins around lvl 80, only to find out that I'll have to do it for another month at least. I've hit hard teams on nodes 3 and 6 before, but not hard enough to end my run. Here's a trick, if you attempt a stun and it doesn't land, restart the fight but rearrange the order of your lineup and you'll find a position from which the stun lands.

• Here's a trick, if you attempt a stun and it doesn't land, restart the fight but rearrange the order of your lineup and you'll find a position from which the stun lands.

Hmm I really don't think the position of your character in your team affects the probability of your stun landing or not.
    Restarting the fight gives you another shot at trying to land the stun, but changing the position of the character wouldn't change anything.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    DarthAsajj wrote: »
    Here's a trick, if you attempt a stun and it doesn't land, restart the fight but rearrange the order of your lineup and you'll find a position from which the stun lands.

Hmm I really don't think the position of your character in your team affects the probability of your stun landing or not.
    Restarting the fight gives you another shot at trying to land the stun, but changing the position of the character wouldn't change anything.

It does, don’t ask me why. If you just retreat and try again without changing anything you can literally repeat a battle perfectly move for move, debuff for debuff. But if you swap two characters positions it changes the results.
    Here's the first battle on my GW, the first three I didn't change anything and just retreated and started the battle again after the enemy did their attacks (Wicket went before them and did his aoe then basic on Vader). As you can see everything other than the background is identical from the debuffs that landed to the amount of damage done. The fourth one I switched everyone other than Chirpa around and you can see the results changed
    image1.png
    image0.png
    image1.png
    image0.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    lladdir wrote: »
    Here's a trick, if you attempt a stun and it doesn't land, restart the fight but rearrange the order of your lineup and you'll find a position from which the stun lands.

It does, don’t ask me why. If you just retreat and try again without changing anything you can literally repeat a battle perfectly move for move, debuff for debuff. But if you swap two characters positions it changes the results.
    Here's the first battle on my GW, the first three I didn't change anything and just retreated and started the battle again after the enemy did their attacks (Wicket went before them and did his aoe then basic on Vader). As you can see everything other than the background is identical from the debuffs that landed to the amount of damage done. The fourth one I switched everyone other than Chirpa around and you can see the results changed
    image1.png
    image0.png
    image1.png
    image0.png

GW is a particular case.

If you dont change anything, and take the same actions it will repeat. It was built that way, to give players an upper hand and the ability to retreat and improve, vs just being random each time.

Once you make a change, things are different, probably because it will use a different seed on the RNG calculations, not necessarily directly related to what you changed, e.g. - positions of characters
  • What level are you OP?

You hit a real wall as you enter the 70's since Omegas/Zetas are not part of the GP Calculations.

If an opponent team has a lot of those Lvl-8 abilities & you don't they will be a LOT tougher than your thinking they should be.

I found investing in my own Omega/Zeta abilities allowed me to push through much easier.
  • I have noticed that, about these "scripted" fights. Changing the order or anything else will mess with the script and can help a lot, that's for sure! Right now, I'm almost 76 and leveling has slowed down quite a bit, so I bet that I'm not going to enjoy simmable GW anytime soon, as Tatakas said.

Newly added abilities from enemy groups happened about at the same time, indeed! And I suppose that being at the brink of level 8 abilities but unable to enjoy them yet can't help the issue at all as well. lol

I will pay attention to how things evolve and post an update here later on. Since I'm in the middle of it all, it's the perfect opportunity to notice minute changes as I level up and if it can help others with similar questions as mines, it's a win in my book. :smiley:
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    Once you get to lvl 85 you should be good. A g12 team shouldn’t have any problems and they don’t give you challenging teams after that.

I use to see a difficult team once a week but a few weeks after lvl 80 never lost again.
  • As a side note, "War" seems too non-specific to me.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but since we have "Territory War" it feels like "War" on its own is inherently ambiguous. I suppose I could say "Galactic Battles: War" but I'll probably end up abbreviating that GBW rather than either using "War" which can be confused with TW or writing it all out, which would be accurate and clear, but tedious.
  • Even with my 5-6 year old 6.3 million GP roster I still like to play GW and not just sim it. It’s the only game mode we have where you can make up garbage squads and have a little fun.

I do the same. It's how I learned to use Mon Mothma squads to their best ability before I had a chance to gear up MM or any Rebel Fighters.
    going up against garbage like Jedi consular lead and toons without zetas is getting pretty stale.

Also true, but that's what GB:War is for.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I know this is going to sound like "You get better results if you sim in small batches" superstition but, no joke, it actually, factually, does matter what slot your characters are in.

The nearest I can tell is do you remember Civ4? If you played that game you could lock the RNG seed meaning that every die roll was pre-determined at the start of the game, it's just what order those rolls are used and for what purpose that would change. For less determinism, what they did (so I was told) is tie the RNG to each square in the game, so that if you attacked a Barbarian to the left of you and reloaded and attacked again, the result would always be the same because of the locked RNG. But if you attacked a different Barbarian unit to the right of you, and everything else was the same, the result would be different because it was using the RNG from a different square.

I think Galactic War is the same way. So if your first action is to have Finn stun the enemy Phasma and his attack is dodged, you can choose a different target (which will have their own RNG) or move him to another slot (and use his own different RNG) and get a different result. That said, that degree of micromanaging was too hard. It's usually better to just use a different attack, because seemingly even THOSE have different RNGs.

tl;dr on Galactic War: Everything is predetermined, but changing ANYTHING changes EVERYTHING.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
This discussion has been closed.