Bastila lead, JML, Wat, JKR and JKL Counter?

Hey,

About to come up against the Bastila Shan/JML team in GAC, what is the best counter? I have SLKR and SEE (no Wat yet), but have used both and been beaten. Maybe a strategy thing? Any help appreciated.
Swgoh.gg here: https://swgoh.gg/p/396634258/

Cheers

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you can bring in Han in either of those teams and stun Wat, makes the match much easier.

I dont have SEE, but beating him with SLKR, is a solid counter, you want to be building up syphon to get through the protection.
  • Ok, thanks, so SLKR, Hux, KU, Sith Trooper and Han? Stun Wat. Then stun again. Then siphon and hopefully Wat is gone before moving?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yep that team works. Yeah, with no taunt you can focus WAT down easy, then it's a normal battle, no protection regen, so you can focus down JKR and JKL.
  • Apparantly full CLS team can beat that team as well
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Apparantly full CLS team can beat that team as well

Also JKR, GAS, GMY, Hoda and Thrawn. I've been told a regular GAS lineup works too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktIFoIEHiTE
  • Thanks @Darth_DeVito - I saw that vid, but think the JML team isn't as good with GAS vs JKR. When JKR is in there you have to beat someone twice, making JKL more dangerous. Would love to try it out in a sandbox vs one chance in GAC!
  • Malnz wrote: »
    Thanks @Darth_DeVito - I saw that vid, but think the JML team isn't as good with GAS vs JKR. When JKR is in there you have to beat someone twice, making JKL more dangerous. Would love to try it out in a sandbox vs one chance in GAC!

If the JML team doesn't run GAS it's generally easier. You can go straight for Wat. Of course if they have JKR, there is a chance that your JKR gets marked. But it should be easy to make him faster than the opposing JKR with his leader bonus.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I normally use this line-up.

7hodmel066k8.jpeg
  • Malnz
    7 posts Member
    Thanks @kyno, won with SEE, Traya, Darth Sion, Sith Marauder and Han - took Wat out quickly, then was all good.
  • SEE also works without using Wat or Han. Just hold off on your ultimate until last minute. You’ll double the mastery you’ve gained throughout the match. I climb through arena doing that because people leave it on defense all the time. Speed set on SEE helps.