Shard Shop Joke...

dtmike1
242 posts Member
Five minutes a go in a town far far away...

Episode IX
Revenge of the F2P

Our hero walked into a shard shop. Looked at the overpriced shards and said "****?!?!?" Six out of the seven characters were characters already owned and didn't care for or characters he had already maxed. The only character yet to join his galactic empire was general grevious to which our hero had no interest in acquiring...

Our hero decided to write an intergalactic message to Hutts (ea,cg) to request a change to this shops menu... No one wants to visit a burger shop that only serves the same burgers everyone else can get anywhere else for a marked up price. Big Mac $22.99, Double Whopper $25.99 or Baconator $29.99.

Our champion begs the Hutts to change this to make it more interesting. Offer up shards that can only be acquired in mega packs. Like Kit, Maul, Bane, Secura and those whom are a hard grind like Vader, Gun Di, and so on. It can still be 300 for 2 just the characters that can't be acquired.

Even though our hero knows the Hutts cares not of the requests of such a small person, It would greatly improve the business in your shop.....

Replies

• dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Really???

The "Whisky Tango Foxtrot" is too extreme and must be censored?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Does our Hero know that Hutts are only interested in money?
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Common, of course he does. Thus, if they let him, sample a new character he can't get any other way other than two shards a day or mega pack he may buy a mega pack or two. Just in hope leveling that character up. Or he may stay with the game longer cause it would take him a year to build them up lol....
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah you should try shortening Shard Shop to sierra sierra.... Also too extreme.... Lol
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Man my thoughts exactly. I mean seriously I trying to level Anakin and Rey and I pray that when I wake up they will be at least in the Shard shop and/or in shipments but nooooooo I get uganauth CUP,RP, Captain Phasma, Han, Talia, Jedi knight Guardian well you fet my point. Characters that are easily farmable from other shipments or cantina nodes shouldn't even appear here we should get hard Node characters like Anakin,Rey, the Ewoks, RG, Ima Gun Di, etc and definitely keep vader in there. If they added chromium exclusives I wouldn't complain Ive been wanting Aayla for a long time
  • Options
    It gets funnier: I got Lumi and RG shards from free chromiums. Go to shard shop, exchange and what do I see on offer? Lumi, omg!!!
  • Options
    3/4 the way to unlocking GG. ;)
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Options
    So, my suggestion on trading then has more weight than the **** shop? I mean shard shop?
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    So, my suggestion on trading then has more weight than the **** shop? I mean shard shop?

Trading would lead to selling. Not going to happen
  • Options
    With a whooping 90 of shard shop money I feel it will take a while to unlock GG... :-)
    Never came across him so far
  • Options
    Phern wrote: »

Trading would lead to selling. Not going to happen

Worth a shot
  • Green_Legend_Ran
    389 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    With a whooping 90 of shard shop money I feel it will take a while to unlock GG... :-)
    Never came across him so far

The key is to only farm the shards you already have 7*s for (cantina, ls, ds, arena and gw).

If you do that everyday it will take you 80 days of just 600 arena credits, 1200 gw credits and 400 cantina credits to acquire him (18k shard shop credits). That time is reduced based on ls and ds farming and the shards in the bronzium packs. I dropped from 80 to 50 after 10 days from lucky rng. I am now down to about 14 days to go.
  • Options
    They just need to give the possibilities of some of the harder to farm/chromium characters. GW has the possibility of giving Aayla/Maul/Kit/ect, so why not the shop designed for people who are leveling the easiest/normal to level characters to 7*.
    Agreed that seeing all the easy to farm people here continuously is a joke, especially putting $100s into the game to have a 4* 50/65 Aayla that is useless unless you put more money in for the randomness of never getting that one character you want and receiving more shards for 7* toons that are everywhere, converting it into chump change.
    Vader is the only thing worth it right now, and I assume by the time I can actually get him to 6* in 4 months and spend crazy currency at the shard shop doing so, they will come out with a "Vader event" the next day.
  • Options
    Guys, don't bother for Grievous, only a few will have him 7* which is when he's viable for arena. Others will have him in dustbin like me, have him at 5* lvl 2 )
  • Options
    They could at least exclude from the Shard Shop those characters that we already have at 7*. Shouldn't require a lot of coding.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Eliminate every character that can be obtained from cantina, cantina shipments, Arena and Galactic war!!
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Eliminate every character that can be obtained from cantina, cantina shipments, Arena and Galactic war!!
    I kinda agree with ya but what if saaay you have only a couple 7* guys and it gives you the opportunity of farming another decent toon u don't already have. I don't have any idea how the shop works as I don't have any 7* but it's not only one character at a time is it?
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    More power to you guys. I'm just not motivated for GG. Throw Kit or Secura in there and I'm gonna be all over em. Small progress with them would be better than no progress at all. They are just keeping the bench warm or part of my suicide squad.

I am curious if I bought Luminara shards from the shop if it would then make her go away for a while. Seems when I get Vader shards from there I don't see him again for like a week.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I kinda agree with ya but what if saaay you have only a couple 7* guys and it gives you the opportunity of farming another decent toon u don't already have. I don't have any idea how the shop works as I don't have any 7* but it's not only one character at a time is it?

Because you dont have the shard shop is why you can say that now. You need 10 shards of a character that you have already 7* to be able to obtain 2 shards for a diffrent character that you haven't already 7*ed so lets say if you can get 5 shards for Ahsoka in cantina shipments why the heck would I want to pay for lets say 10 Luminara shards to get 2 ahsoka shards from shard shop

*No disrespect intended *
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kurgen wrote: »
    Yeah you should try shortening Shard Shop to sierra sierra.... Also too extreme.... Lol

Disney doesn't like to talk about it's past.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    I want to talk to these people and find out what grand idea it was to put in characters in the shop that nobody wants.
  • Options
    dtmike1 wrote: »
    I want to talk to these people and find out what grand idea it was to put in characters in the shop that nobody wants.

Spending 300 shard shop currency for 2 shards of ResistanceTrooper is well worth the investment!!! ;)
  • Options
    Man my thoughts exactly. I mean seriously I trying to level Anakin and Rey and I pray that when I wake up they will be at least in the Shard shop and/or in shipments but nooooooo I get uganauth CUP,RP, Captain Phasma, Han, Talia, Jedi knight Guardian well you fet my point. Characters that are easily farmable from other shipments or cantina nodes shouldn't even appear here we should get hard Node characters like Anakin,Rey, the Ewoks, RG, Ima Gun Di, etc and definitely keep vader in there. If they added chromium exclusives I wouldn't complain Ive been wanting Aayla for a long time

+10 all i want from shardshop is to see Rey and Anakin, RG more often and Vader once in awhile, the other day i had 2 Tusken Raiders, 2 St Han's , rp and sid. Smfh
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    dtmike1 wrote: »

Spending 300 shard shop currency for 2 shards of ResistanceTrooper is well worth the investment!!! ;)

I don't even get him... I was going to. I get characters I have maxed or no interest. It's like the game knows what I want and just doesn't wanna give...
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    3 Vader slots in the last 2 days. 2 yesterday.....
    https://imgur.com/a/A8EyF
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Kurgen wrote: »
    3 Vader slots in the last 2 days. 2 yesterday.....
    https://imgur.com/a/A8EyF

I get 1 slot per week. So consider yourself lucky.
  • Options
    I get one like every 2 weeks lmao, they should atleast have them refresh as often as Gw shippments and stuff
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think they set the value correctly at 10:1. But they really a need to remove GW and Arena characters. Cantina and Hard nodes only.

They also should add the chromiums into the rotation if you unlocked the exclusives through Chrome. Not sure how difficult that would be to code.

In my shop I get more Ashoka then I can buy and the occasional Rey. Vader just once. The shop has allowed me to get on track for 7 star Yoda Persuming the next event is 4 weeks away.
  • Options
    Once a week there is someone worth buying. Today there was a RG I bought. Last week there was a Vader.

Considering there is no one worth buying atm in cantina or arena, it's better to get 2 shards with 1600 currency than to let all that currency just sit there.

Look at it this way. You get enough currency in GW every day to max farm any one character in here every day. So any more currency you have in there at the end of the day is just sitting there doing nothing and the only other way you'll use it is if you spend it in shard shop or somehow want to farm two guys at the same time from the shipments.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Shard shop gets moved to Off-Topic... even the mods know it's a joke! :v
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride