edited March 2021
Who do you think they will be?
My guess is BH and Scoundrels, but would love to see what others have in mind
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I don’t know but I am thinking of galactic republic
  • Options
    I do not know which GL in this month ... but in the second half of the year I think one of the Clones ...
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-bad-batch-premiere-date
  • Options
    A good Ashoka seems likely given her popularity and new series. Could have a pre-suit Vader as her counterpart in MagicalChristmasLand.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt it’s be this month.
  • Options
    I think that we get in the end of this month information on which GLs are going to release. Release is next month. I hope thats it going to be Vader and Master Kenobi, but i guess that wont happen, because of that whole mando stuff that is going on now. Its possible that they follow the Mando line and release Bo Katan or maybe Ahsoka, especially with the new Dark Trooper. Still i hope thats not the case.
  • Options
    I highly doubt that new GLs are coming anytime soon. The past five months have been entirely Mando related releases, and I love that show but it doesn't seem like anyone in there really would qualify as a "galactic legend" from an in-universe perspective. And if they were to release Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi, they probably would have started to drop some related marquee characters by now.

I think it's more likely that we get a Legendary or Epic Confrontation event for someone like Bo Katan or maybe a new Boba?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    I will be happy with any new GL at this point. Or any one-team meta for that matter, could just be something to elevate one of the current teams above the others.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Scoundrel Maul or bust!
  • Options
    GL Darth Jar Jar VS GL Mace Window
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There is no brand new farm except Mando characters, and it's too early for Mando GLs. Conclusion: No GLs this month.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    There is no brand new farm except Mando characters, and it's too early for Mando GLs. Conclusion: No GLs this month.

Agreed, but they could certainly announce that they are incoming. Requirements to follow.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Agreed, but they could certainly announce that they are incoming. Requirements to follow.

true. I want a leia gl
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

They could, but I don't think they will this soon after the launch of Conquest. They tend to give every new thing a while in the spotlight.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Galactic legends. They will have to be extremely dominant in the Star Wars chain. Clones and BH just don’t do it yet. Mando isn’t even there yet. The 4 current ones are Galaxy changing characters, and I assume they will stay on that trend. I’d expect Dead Han, Mary Poppins Leia, Fat Lando or Marginalised Chewie from the sequels before anything else. Complete the set they’ve already started. Disney are not going to give up pushing their films as the most important SW properties.

However, it would make my day if they brought out 4 new legends. The Battle of Yavin original legends Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewie. Then bring out the first GL ships with the BoY Falcon for Han and Chewie to pilot, and Luke’s X-Wing. This though is a wish, not an expectation or prediction. I’d just love it.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Galactic legends. They will have to be extremely dominant in the Star Wars chain. Clones and BH just don’t do it yet. Mando isn’t even there yet. The 4 current ones are Galaxy changing characters, and I assume they will stay on that trend. I’d expect Dead Han, Mary Poppins Leia, Fat Lando or Marginalised Chewie from the sequels before anything else. Complete the set they’ve already started. Disney are not going to give up pushing their films as the most important SW properties.

However, it would make my day if they brought out 4 new legends. The Battle of Yavin original legends Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewie. Then bring out the first GL ships with the BoY Falcon for Han and Chewie to pilot, and Luke’s X-Wing. This though is a wish, not an expectation or prediction. I’d just love it.

They won't do only LS.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    They won't do only LS.

All hypothetical anyway, however now you’ve got me thinking. Okay, Galactic Legend Luke and Galactic Legend Vader. Empire Strikes Back versions. Luke uses his blaster as well as his lightsaber. Vader has random chance to stop blaster bolts from any enemy using one, just puts his hand up and stops them.

Add Luke’s Legendary X-Wing and Vader’s Legendary Tie Advanced and now there’s a party in my pants.
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    They won't do only LS.

All hypothetical anyway, however now you’ve got me thinking. Okay, Galactic Legend Luke and Galactic Legend Vader. Empire Strikes Back versions. Luke uses his blaster as well as his lightsaber. Vader has random chance to stop blaster bolts from any enemy using one, just puts his hand up and stops them.

Add Luke’s Legendary X-Wing and Vader’s Legendary Tie Advanced and now there’s a party in my pants.

That would have been perfect GL material. But we have that characters already in the game in form of CLS and Vader.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    @Crayons

i highly doubt they will ever add a GL Lando nor GL Old Han.
    Lando because its Lando an Han because he wasn´t a leader to anyone. So this would be weird a GL without leadership ability.
    they could work something different out making a GL a pure support toon, but i dont think this will happen.

CLS ( L ), RaidHan, Chewpio, Chewie, GL Han ?

yes, this could work, but i dont think they will do something like this.
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Jar jar
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    The Death Star. I think everyone here knows with which ultimate ability....
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »

Woud be nice as a capital ship (maybe to small)
  • Options
    We're just speculating, of course, but I think that's it's past time for a shakeup in Fleet.

Since, as everyone's noted, we don't have the prereqs released recently for a GL Kenobi/GL Vader (pre-suit), and since I agree with people that no one else works (You can't have, for instance two different Jedi Luke GLs), I think a legendary or epic confrontation (or even GL, if you want to call it that) pair of ships is more appropriate.

Red 5 is an obvious choice, and you could be required to relic a bunch of pilots - Rogue 1, maybe? Cassian/Jyn/K2? Ackbar, of course. Biggs & Wedge. Maybe Ep6 Lando & his co-pilot with a new falcon? Maybe Phoenix?

For the Empire, the ship could be a cap ship or just the death star. The death star did, after all, launch it's own fighters & such. It feels thematically appropriate to release a tiny fighter as the rebel GL/EC/Legenday while the Empire gets one that's huge and seemingly overpowered ... but with a weakness built in.

For me, though, I'm hoping that instead of releasing a GL too soon that they instead release a fleet raid. I don't just want ships, I want something to do with my ships.

Of course, since we just got GB:Conquest, I don't actually think we're getting anything any time soon.

I know it would be nice, but I don't see it happening so soon after Conquest.
  • Options
    I suppose Vader is already an extremely versatile toon, so I doubt a Vader GL would be coming. GL Kenobi sounds like a feasible toon, but as mentioned above, there aren't any prereqs so far.
    I would expect somewhere in the realms of Mandalorian, since this is the theme for the last 12 months or so. Bo Katan doesn't have legendary status in my limited view, but maybe Boba Fett has?
    Otherwise I think we already have a good number of GLs and maybe CG is just aiming towards brining out new non-GL toons now, that fit into either Mandalorian faction, Bounty Hunter faction or Imp Remnants.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that new GLs are coming anytime soon. The past five months have been entirely Mando related releases, and I love that show but it doesn't seem like anyone in there really would qualify as a "galactic legend" from an in-universe perspective. And if they were to release Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi, they probably would have started to drop some related marquee characters by now.

I think it's more likely that we get a Legendary or Epic Confrontation event for someone like Bo Katan or maybe a new Boba?

Stop being logical, too much sense.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Veserion1 wrote: »

I hope we dont.

Im finally relicing things i want to relic and new gl would just get in my way.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Veserion1 wrote: »

I hope we dont.

Im finally relicing things i want to relic and new gl would just get in my way.

I hope we do.

All the new people showing up in our top 50 are just getting in my way.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »

Instantly blows up and defeats self when Ultimate ready?

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you