Replies

• Options
    I’m hoping for Mustafar Vader and Obi-Wan
  • Options
    JainaSolo wrote: »

That would be cool. And maybe next week padawan obi as a marquee 😁
  • Options
    Oooh, Padawan Obi and Master Qui-Gonn could be fun new additions to the GR Jedi lineup.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Tuareg111 wrote: »
    JainaSolo wrote: »

That would be cool. And maybe next week padawan obi as a marquee 😁

Well, something called "Padawan's ability bundle" was datamined...
  • Options
    If you wanna talk about someone who's changed the galaxy and made things much harder on the Jedi then I've got 1 word for ya... Bane!
  • Options
    Bane never made anything harder for the Jedi. He's more of a thorn in the vine of Poison Ivy. He hardly even bothers Batman. latest?cb=20200509145853

• LordDirt
    5003 posts Member
    Options
    q4wzlx8cwcq0.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I wish we would get a Galactic Republic/Separatist combo, but with all the Empire stuff going on, with Gideon, Dark Trooper, etc. I bet we'll get an Empire/Rebel combo.
  • LordDirt
    5003 posts Member
    Options
    I will lean towards new Disney GLs until we get two that are not Disney ones.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    When the Ahsoka show comes out...Thrawn and Ahsoka gl?
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    There is no brand new farm except Mando characters, and it's too early for Mando GLs. Conclusion: No GLs this month.

Agreed, but they could certainly announce that they are incoming. Requirements to follow.

true. I want a leia gl

They could release a Bounty Hunter Leia as a normal Legendary or Heroine's Journey, then have the three Leias be required for a General Organa. The only problem with that is that she and whoever her Dark Side counterpart turned out to be would be a third Galactic Legend pairing from the new trilogy, and therefore the newer team tags. Hard to make a Galactic Legend Rebel, for instance, if they all grew up to found the Resistance.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

That's where my money goes if we're playing the roulette wheel of GL speculation.

Ahsoka has a huge fanbase and has the resumé, aside from not appearing in any movies--but we can't limit ourselves to just the films since for the 15+ years between Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace and the 10+ years between Revenge of the Sith and Phantom Menace this whole thing only continued to exist because of the books and the tv serieses and the comics and video games. Ahsoka and Thrawn are iconic of the characters introduced outside the movies.
  • Options
    As far as GLs are concerned I think the sequels are done. There's nothing left there anywhere near on par with the ones that we have already.

And this alone makes it really hard to guess where it's going from here. I think I read somewhere that CG intended GLs to be the final and/or most powerful form of a character, at the peak of their abilities.
    This leads me to believe that we'll not get anything from The Mandalorian yet; there's more seasons to come for starters and Beskar Mando is already here as a legendary. I think they'll beuild the faction over another year at least in order to create all the trash toons you need to relic for what ever is coming.

In which case you have to look at the stuff that's already finished and out there, namely the prequels and OT.
    Fallen Ani and Master Ken are the front-runners for good reason. Fallen Anakin is a different character to anything we've got in game currently (totally different to suited Vader, different focus to GAS, height of his power before mutilation) and there's a decent pool of trash toons to have to relic (Tuskens, Mace [rework?!]) throw in a couple of marquees (Padawan Ani, Chancellor Palps) and that looks like a GL farm.
    Master Kenobi not too different, lots of trash GR to relic, padawan Kenobi +1 random marquee, job done.

Not to mention the fact that those two would be possibly the most whale-able characters to date and earn CG lots of dollah, which of course is the only reason they're here.

Beyond those two I don't know where the next GLs will come from. Would be nice for Leia to be a GL but who is her nemesis?
    GL bounty hunter would be cool but the only candidate for that would be dad-bod Boba, which we need more Mando episodes to air for.
    Old Republic could be returned to but beyond the Revans things get a bit more obscure and off the mainstream.

Perhaps the Disney-only thing is true, in which case we won't see another GL for a while until all these shows start airing.

Hard to call really, would be nice to know the plans, sitting on a shed load of gear waiting and wondering what to do!
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

That's where my money goes if we're playing the roulette wheel of GL speculation.

Ahsoka has a huge fanbase and has the resumé, aside from not appearing in any movies--but we can't limit ourselves to just the films since for the 15+ years between Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace and the 10+ years between Revenge of the Sith and Phantom Menace this whole thing only continued to exist because of the books and the tv serieses and the comics and video games. Ahsoka and Thrawn are iconic of the characters introduced outside the movies.

I would love to see ahsoka and thrawn galactic legends, but my personal opinion is that we won’t get anything from the tv shows until there’s at least one pair of galactic legends from each trilogy. That said, I don’t know who it would be from the original trilogy, since we already have a GL Luke.
  • Options
    Would be nice for Leia to be a GL but who is her nemesis?

GL Leia vs. GL Jabba
  • Options
    I’ve been saying Jabba is overdue for ages and he has enough position in canon to at least be released as a strong support for BH. Honestly, I’d like to see them round out the groups already in place before trying to stew up another,”OMG THIS TOON KILLS EVERYBODY” character. Where’s Beckett? Give Bodhi his ship. As a R1 fan, I am selfishly hoping the upcoming series will launch or retool some of the characters there. I have no idea how Cassian escaped the scoundrel tag.
  • Options
    I wish we would get a Galactic Republic/Separatist combo, but with all the Empire stuff going on, with Gideon, Dark Trooper, etc. I bet we'll get an Empire/Rebel combo.

Guardian Ahsoka x Admiral Trench
  • Options
    I have no idea how Cassian escaped the scoundrel tag.

I feel exactly the same way. He should have been a scoundrel from the start - that's a bad misplay by CG.

I also feel Chopper should have been a scoundrel, though. I mean, if you look at his personality in the series he is always misbehaving. I know people will disagree me on Chopper, but Cassian shouldn't even be a matter of opinion. That guy was as scruffy as any nerf-herder from day one.
  • Options
    I’ve been saying Jabba is overdue for ages and he has enough position in canon to at least be released as a strong support for BH. Honestly, I’d like to see them round out the groups already in place before trying to stew up another,”OMG THIS TOON KILLS EVERYBODY” character. Where’s Beckett? Give Bodhi his ship. As a R1 fan, I am selfishly hoping the upcoming series will launch or retool some of the characters there. I have no idea how Cassian escaped the scoundrel tag.

If I remember correctly, it has been stated that Jabba won’t happen because he’s too fat: he won’t fit on the screen. And it is not a joke. Shame though :(

The best shot we have to see him would be on a ultimate animation imo.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Misbehaving doesn’t make you a Scoundrel with a capital S. Involvement with the criminal underworld is what marks you as a Scoundrel. Cassian was explicitly working for the early Rebellion as an intelligence operative. Had he been doing it for a Hutt or just to make a couple bucks, then sure.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    StormTrooper Han and Captain Han Solo are both "Scoundrels" (capital S) and other versions of the character deal with his interaction with the criminal underworld.

Ventress only has one version, she was deeply involved in the criminal underworld for a significant portion of her career, and Ventress is not a "Scoundrel".

Greef Karga had no apparent ties to the criminal underworld. He was a guild operative and the BH guild is a legit business enterprise and not at all illegal. Karga is a "Scoundrel".

There is no indication that Cara Dune had any ties to the criminal underworld. Yet she does have the tag.

These are just 4 examples, but as a result of just these four, I'm skeptical your rationale could possibly explain how the Scoundrel tag is given or why or when it is withheld, NicWester.
  • Options
    Calo Nord, BH GL
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    The only GLs we can gain from what we currently have
    are Boba
    Grogu (who's not a GL material)
    Mace window
    Half-Maul
    and Master Kenobi

but every one of them lacks a pair
    (Bo Katan is not a GL material
    Moff Gideon is a marquee character
    Palpatine is already released as GL
    We don't have requirements and don't know the might of Ahsoka
    Anakin-Vader lacks Chancellor Palpatine)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    StormTrooper Han and Captain Han Solo are both "Scoundrels" (capital S) and other versions of the character deal with his interaction with the criminal underworld.

Ventress only has one version, she was deeply involved in the criminal underworld for a significant portion of her career, and Ventress is not a "Scoundrel".

Greef Karga had no apparent ties to the criminal underworld. He was a guild operative and the BH guild is a legit business enterprise and not at all illegal. Karga is a "Scoundrel".

There is no indication that Cara Dune had any ties to the criminal underworld. Yet she does have the tag.

These are just 4 examples, but as a result of just these four, I'm skeptical your rationale could possibly explain how the Scoundrel tag is given or why or when it is withheld, NicWester.
    The Hans are smugglers, always have been. Captain Han is the most likely to have not had the Scoundrel tag, but he's still a smuggler to his core. I haven't watched Clone Wars so can't say anything about Asajj Ventress beyond knowing she was Dooku's padawan. Bounty Hunting may be legal, but it's shady as hell and involves criminal contacts--otherwise you'd be a marshall or other legitimate member of law enforcement.

Don't be so literal-minded. My rule of thumb that Scoundrels are involved in the underworld came as a reaction to someone suggesting Chopper should be a scoundrel because he was naughty, or Cassian because he was a saboteur.
    Devian wrote: »
    but every one of them lacks a pair

I know they're all going to be released in Light/Dark pairs, they said that for certain. But did they say that the pairs would always be related to one another? Genuine question, not a leading or rhetorical question, I can't remember. If the legends are don't necessarily have to be related to one another, then we could get some of these.
  • Options
    Master Kenobi and Lord Vader. It’s the most obvious choice.
  • Options

Is it? The Vader we already have is top notch.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Is it? The Vader we already have is top notch.

Lord Vader from Episode 3. He could work with Sith and 501st still.
  • Options
    Saxmarinio wrote: »
    As far as GLs are concerned I think the sequels are done. There's nothing left there anywhere near on par with the ones that we have already.

And this alone makes it really hard to guess where it's going from here. I think I read somewhere that CG intended GLs to be the final and/or most powerful form of a character, at the peak of their abilities.
    This leads me to believe that we'll not get anything from The Mandalorian yet; there's more seasons to come for starters and Beskar Mando is already here as a legendary. I think they'll beuild the faction over another year at least in order to create all the trash toons you need to relic for what ever is coming.

In which case you have to look at the stuff that's already finished and out there, namely the prequels and OT.
    Fallen Ani and Master Ken are the front-runners for good reason. Fallen Anakin is a different character to anything we've got in game currently (totally different to suited Vader, different focus to GAS, height of his power before mutilation) and there's a decent pool of trash toons to have to relic (Tuskens, Mace [rework?!]) throw in a couple of marquees (Padawan Ani, Chancellor Palps) and that looks like a GL farm.
    Master Kenobi not too different, lots of trash GR to relic, padawan Kenobi +1 random marquee, job done.

Not to mention the fact that those two would be possibly the most whale-able characters to date and earn CG lots of dollah, which of course is the only reason they're here.

Beyond those two I don't know where the next GLs will come from. Would be nice for Leia to be a GL but who is her nemesis?
    GL bounty hunter would be cool but the only candidate for that would be dad-bod Boba, which we need more Mando episodes to air for.
    Old Republic could be returned to but beyond the Revans things get a bit more obscure and off the mainstream.

Perhaps the Disney-only thing is true, in which case we won't see another GL for a while until all these shows start airing.

Hard to call really, would be nice to know the plans, sitting on a shed load of gear waiting and wondering what to do!
    This is a progression game so characters will have to get better so whether thats a new type of character or just a better kit like the difference between padme and palpatine because it will be harder to get i.e.more relics, relic 8 and eventually relic 9 or 10
  • Blah_Blah
    15 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    A GL leia would be nice but idk who her counterpart will be. Maybe Snoke (even though he's just a clone of palp)?
    And also I think they'll add GL kenobi when the new series is released, not now.
  • Options
    Saxmarinio wrote: »

Nonsense. Unkar Plutt.

Basic: “One-Quarter Portion” - Heals 25% max health and protection to all allies, healing cannot be heal blocked.

...and that’s it.