Ga matchmaking: give gls 20k more gp

biggles
1144 posts Member
I see alot of players getting outmatched by more gls 1v3 , 2v4 etc
How about adding 20k extra gp to each gl to better represent their worth in matchmaking

Replies

• GLs already have an extra ~300k GP because of their prerequisites. Manage your GP better, GL GP tuning is fine.
  • biggles
    1144 posts Member
    GLs already have an extra ~300k GP because of their prerequisites. Manage your GP better, GL GP tuning is fine.

Actually I have 735k gac score haven't lost a match in 8 months, you shouldn't make assumptions
  • So one would think you are aware of how MM works (sorry, assumptions again).

What part makes you think then that GLs are not properly weighted? The 1v3 or 2v4 GL complaints of others where the missing context is that they probably have an all r7 BH and NS team while ignoring GLs?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    biggles wrote: »
    GLs already have an extra ~300k GP because of their prerequisites. Manage your GP better, GL GP tuning is fine.

Actually I have 735k gac score haven't lost a match in 8 months, you shouldn't make assumptions

So other players should be as good as you then, without getting a handout.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • biggles
    1144 posts Member
    So one would think you are aware of how MM works (sorry, assumptions again).

What part makes you think then that GLs are not properly weighted? The 1v3 or 2v4 GL complaints of others where the missing context is that they probably have an all r7 BH and NS team while ignoring GLs?

Yep they have taken their relics too high but they I think the game mode would be more fun without the gl mismatches, I don't take pleasure from beating people with two less gls than me it's no challenge, I just think ga should be enjoyed by all not just people like me who game the system
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    biggles wrote: »
    So one would think you are aware of how MM works (sorry, assumptions again).

Yep they have taken their relics too high but they I think the game mode would be more fun without the gl mismatches, I don't take pleasure from beating people with two less gls than me it's no challenge, I just think ga should be enjoyed by all not just people like me who game the system

Then don't game the system.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    This is a valid argument as the CRancor raid requires R5 characters and thus pushing players’ top 80 GP higher with negative GAC matchmaking implications. As the number of teams required to complete the raid grow, GAC matchmaking will only get worse for players trying to succeed in another game mode.

To be clear, I am not saying that GLs need an extra 20K GP, but there are aspects of the overall game that conflict with other aspects of the game. It can certainly be annoying to work toward success in one area to be hindered in another. For example, no one needs Wat at R5 for GAC, but that is the requirement to use him in CRancor.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    This is a valid argument as the CRancor raid requires R5 characters and thus pushing players’ top 80 GP higher with negative GAC matchmaking implications. As the number of teams required to complete the raid grow GAC matchmaking will only get worse for players trying to succeed in another game mode.

To be clear, I am not saying that GLs need an extra 20K GP, but there are aspects of the overall game that conflict with other aspects of the game. It can certainly be annoying to me work toward success in one area to be hindered in another. For example, no one needs Wat at R5 for GAC, but that is the requirement to use him in CRancor.

I think conflict may be the wrong word. That is all part of what makes your choices important, that "conflict " is what a player has to weigh when making a choice about development. Without that, development loses some value and making things work the way some do also loses some benefit.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is a valid argument as the CRancor raid requires R5 characters and thus pushing players’ top 80 GP higher with negative GAC matchmaking implications. As the number of teams required to complete the raid grow GAC matchmaking will only get worse for players trying to succeed in another game mode.

To be clear, I am not saying that GLs need an extra 20K GP, but there are aspects of the overall game that conflict with other aspects of the game. It can certainly be annoying to me work toward success in one area to be hindered in another. For example, no one needs Wat at R5 for GAC, but that is the requirement to use him in CRancor.

I think conflict may be the wrong word. That is all part of what makes your choices important, that "conflict " is what a player has to weigh when making a choice about development. Without that, development loses some value and making things work the way some do also loses some benefit.

My first example is a character that absolutely does help with the CRancor without giving anything else to GAC. Conflict is appropriate.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Why do you suggest to add 20k GP to GLs if what you actually want to accomplish is a matching number of GLs? Why take that detour?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member

My first example is a character that absolutely does help with the CRancor without giving anything else to GAC. Conflict is appropriate.

Rose doesn't count.
  • biggles wrote: »

He's good at it though
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Rose doesn't count.

Haha, got a good laugh out of this.