2 + years in. still no relics

Prev13
Javajoe
14 posts Member
edited March 2021
I've been playing this game for over two years. I still have no relics. I presume you have to buy them now since you can't earn them. This is not a troll thing. Im just saying ftp accounts can't advance.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Is your guild doing sith raid? All the gear is farmable other than some occasional droid callers.
  • Serious question, what makes you say you can’t earn them?
    All the materials required are available to be farmed, either from a node directly or buy using various currencies to buy them from stores, plus Various event rewards.
    Pick a squad to relic out, focus on them until you get there, then move on to the next.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I get them all the time. I've been playing longer, but I get them pretty quickly when I try. Shard shop currency to get 50 of everything, then whatever I get from various raids. It's all farmable, too.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ice been working on Darth Vader since I started two years ago but I'm only at gear 12. It's impossible to get past gear 12 probably for most characters. I play about 3 times a day but can't get enough to get past 12. So my thinking you have to buy to gear then buy relics.
  • No, you don't have to buy them. I started a FTP account about a year ago, and I can tell you, you can get Relics with out buy them if you are on a guild that is active, and you already 3 star all LS, DS, Cantina and Fleet battles. Everything you need is either farmable via nodes or using currency (looking at you Droid Callers).
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Show us your vader. Which part were you actually trying to get but can't? Here's an f2p at 76 relics.
  • I assume you don't get to farm the pieces or you don't have a good guild to earn good rewards from TB's and raids

+2 Years F2P player here too and I own 26 relic toons ATM
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    switch your guild to earn what you want.
    sry to say that but you should have at least 2 full teams reliced between R3-R7.
    as a f2p you can get everything you need for relics.

maybe post your profile? so we can see what we are talking about
  • Im f2p as well, a little under 2 years. I have 9 relics, including Vader at r7. It's quite doable, especially with a good guild.
  • Are you unable to get the required gear to get to gear 13 or do you just not know where/how to get it? Every piece of gear can be acquired for free.

If you’re unable... time to find a better guild.

If you don’t know where the gear pieces are, click the “find” button on the gear window.

Otherwise, I’m not sure what else there is for you to do, or what you’re missing that you can’t seem to get.
  • As an almost f2p (spent 100 on crystal packs), I have several relics. I've been playing for about 3 yrs now and my drevan team was at r7 and r4 2 1/2 yrs in
  • Show us your account. There is something you’re not telling us... if you actually have actively been playing for 2+ years you would have naturally ran into the relic mats and gear through campaigns and raids.. I think you may be trolling
  • How do you post profile?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Javajoe wrote: »
    How do you post profile?

Get into "swgoh.gg". That's the website cg also gives GAC logs officially. Almost everyone that has been playing long uses it.
  • ive been playing for almost exactly a year and got my first (and only so far) relic a month ago. Im f2p
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    2.5 years, 48 relic characters.
    Are you in a starting guild? Leave it and find one doing at least dark side geo, build teams for assault battles, farm g12+ (right side) and use shard shop for g12
  • Javajoe wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for over two years. I still have no relics. I presume you have to buy them now since you can't earn them. This is not a troll thing. Im just saying ftp accounts can't advance.

Smartphone tapping is a skill that some don't have
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    My alt started in Aug 2019, f2p, and has SLKR now, so....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

You are approaching it wrong then. Not being rude, just letting you know you will have to adjust. Gear is in stores and guilds generate a nice chunk if you are running HSTR
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    I've been playing since about two months after the game launched. I haven't spent a dime and I have 56 G13 characters at this point. I also have 43 G12 with only three of those without at least one piece of gear towards G13 on them. Granted I have been at this longer, but relics and G13 are still relatively new compared to other parts of the game. Like the other posters have said, almost all the gear pieces are farmable. Granted it does take a while due to low drop rates. Buying from the shard shop, etc. is the best way to get what you need. Really the kyros are my biggest bottleneck currently.
  • Yeah I didn't know about having teams until about 5 months ago. So working on Phoenix now. I wishbI had known this was a team based game b4 then.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    so, u made a profile?
  • How could you miss that? I mean there are several events like the starter ones and marquees that show you that characters work best in the right teams
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Yeah I didn't know about having teams until about 5 months ago. So working on Phoenix now. I wishbI had known this was a team based game b4 then.

You may, uh, want a different team to focus on.
  • Blubcop wrote: »
    How could you miss that? I mean there are several events like the starter ones and marquees that show you that characters work best in the right teams

Does it matter at this point?
    Yeah I didn't know about having teams until about 5 months ago. So working on Phoenix now. I wishbI had known this was a team based game b4 then.

I don't understand your statement. What do you mean you know about having teams? That's like saying I didn't know this baseball game I'm playing has teams.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited March 2021

I have been playing 9 or 10 months. I have five gear 13's (JKA, GMY, Vader, Kenobi, Padme in that order, and soon Grievous will join them).

OP, here's the key to getting them: GET IN A GOOD GUILD!!! I'm 1.3mil GP, and my guild is 160 mil, running both Geo TB's. I can also get top 10 in sith raid all the time since the SLKR's in my guild solo it so fast that any damage gets you high up since not many people get attacks in.
    Geo TB is super important. I get so much g13 gear from that, and also from the Sith Raid.

You don't need to pay for g13's, just need a good guild.

EDIT:Also, what piece exactly are you struggling to obtain that is stopping you from getting your Vader to gear 13?
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    I’m ftp, I have 11 relic characters and 9 g11 and well on my way to supreme leader kylo.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I don't understand your statement. What do you mean you know about having teams? That's like saying I didn't know this baseball game I'm playing has teams.

I didn't know you could solo a baseball team with one player.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I didn't know you could solo a baseball team with one player.

Again Speed. Only Speed matters.