Conquest hard mode

Replies

• Options
    Here's RNG working in my favor, halfway through sector 2:

ksjrq51djs40.png
    tznn2dmoibzd.png

Why am I getting 4/6 exactly the same? Not to mention 3 of the previous data disk nodes all had the same "Insatiable" cards in them. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    ^^ that RNG is insatiable.
  • Options
    Even better, sector 2 Boss Node rewards:

qf715q2qr5fv.png

I can't wait to choose.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Yea nearing the end of section 3 and still haven't come across a purple card. but do have some decent lower tier ones. It'd be nice if the boss ones at least game one purple option at random.
  • Options
    Those ones for sure should have better cards. I've maxed feats on sectors 1 and 2 except the 14 Jedi wins one on sector 2. That'll take a few days of repeating battles.

Figured out that in less than 2 minutes Geos remove way too much TM:

va3q9jz61ps7.png
  • Options
    What's 4 million health between friends?
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    Data disk choice is as awful as in the normal mode so far (I'm one of people who wouldn't know that the purple disks even existed if I didn't read the forum). Feats are harder... in bad way - now wasting energy for redoing easy battles is absolutely mandatory if you want to max out your score (20 wins for sector with 14 battles... meh). Sector 1-2 battles are very easy for my 5.3 GP.
  • Options
    I’m on the boss for sector 3 now, when I get, energy he’s going down. Gauging the difficulty of conquest so far, id say that the average 4 mil player will probably be able to get through sector 4 and maybe a few battle in 5.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    Data disk choice is as awful as in the normal mode so far (I'm one of people who wouldn't know that the purple disks even existed if I didn't read the forum). Feats are harder... in bad way - now wasting energy for redoing easy battles is absolutely mandatory if you want to max out your score (20 wins for sector with 14 battles... meh). Sector 1-2 battles are very easy for my 5.3 GP.

Not all feats need to be completed to get max rewards.

Probably best to look at each battle as a way to contribute to feats, but always progress forward, and then once you are stuck or finish sector 5, then go back and fill in feats needed to maximize rewards. Going back now doesnt necessarily make sense, as you could be wasting energy on feats that may not be needed or in the end are overflow, but not helpful in getting the next crate as it could be unachievable
  • Options
    6.2 mil gp, so far no issues on hard mode. I'm currently one battle away from boss battle sector 2.
    Boss feats are still greyed out though when I click on them. Definately needs fixing.
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Probably best to look at each battle as a way to contribute to feats, but always progress forward, and then once you are stuck or finish sector 5, then go back and fill in feats needed to maximize rewards. Going back now doesnt necessarily make sense, as you could be wasting energy on feats that may not be needed or in the end are overflow, but not helpful in getting the next crate as it could be unachievable

Yes, I know. I didn't ask for strategy advice, just noted that "feats" which require nothing but repeat battles is a disappointing design. Making choices to complete all sector feats without wasting energy is the interesting challenge. Yet another grind is not, this game have more that enough grinding activities.
  • Options
    Making choices to complete all sector feats without wasting energy is the interesting challenge

yes. Sector 2 requires 14 battles to be won by Jedi, and there are 14 battles available. Okay. That's easy enough if you have 10 high level jedi (recovers stamina in 5 hours, recovers 2 battles worth of energy in 6 hours, so 2 full squads is enough). BUT you're also trying to get things done while spamming assists - no problem add General Kenobi - and also trying to get things done while winning battles with 0 tanks present.

Ooooo, now that gets trickier. Obviously JKL works well for that, so long as you have him in the lead, but then you can't use JKR lead + JML + JKL which is a popular blow 'em up team. In fact, you can't use JML at all. Nor GK. Arguably neither of those is the best jedi available, but both of them are in the top 5 or 6, and JML is certainly a strong contender for #2. You lose a lot when you can't use your faction's GL.

That's the kind of feat mixing and matching that gets my brain going. Obviously I **could** grind by doing all-jedi battles, but including tanks and worrying about the tankless feat later, but this provides me an opportunity to avoid grinding if I use clever tactics and have a well developed roster with lots of options for strong Jedi from which to choose.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes, I know. I didn't ask for strategy advice, just noted that "feats" which require nothing but repeat battles is a disappointing design. Making choices to complete all sector feats without wasting energy is the interesting challenge. Yet another grind is not, this game have more that enough grinding activities.

Those feats are 2 fold
    1- player who get stuck early have feats available for them to do to get better rewards, but are not just given away
    2- if you want max rewards on this event you will likely need to invest in refreshes, unless you can stomp through this like higher end rosters did for normal.

You have the same challenge here, the better you do at completing the whole game mode, the less you will have to refresh. Efficiency is still the key, and eventually players will get to the point that even hard can be done without refreshes, if nothing else changes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Those ones for sure should have better cards. I've maxed feats on sectors 1 and 2 except the 14 Jedi wins one on sector 2. That'll take a few days of repeating battles.

Figured out that in less than 2 minutes Geos remove way too much TM:

va3q9jz61ps7.png

Poggle be like "Bring it in, brohan..."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I don't actually mind having to revisit sectors to pick up the feats (on sector 3 now) and only had to use my gl Rey once.
    I actually think this is the first event that cg has got the power increase spot on per sector. So far I've bought one energy increase. I think you'll have plenty of free energy to revisit sectors.
  • Options
    I see that you can’t just go straight through a sector to get max points. 14 battles but need 20 wins for a feat. Come on CG.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    I intend to blitz as far as I can and then go back and worry about feats either once I'm done, or when I've plateaued.
  • Options
    blitz as far as I can and then go back and worry about feats

This is the way.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I intend to blitz as far as I can and then go back and worry about feats either once I'm done, or when I've plateaued.

Same. There's about a 25 ticket cushion, so I'll skip as many of the "No counter when one is needed" feats as possible and see where I can fall short
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Any number of wins more than you need to clear is trash. Feats are lame as always

Hard seems fine so far.

Still a terrible “new mode”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Any number of wins more than you need to clear is trash. Feats are lame as always

Hard seems fine so far.

Alternatively, you need 20 wins to clear and there are 14 combat nodes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The feats requiring you to grind out more battles than there are nodes are not enjoyable.

It was clever in normal mode to make me think about using Lightside versus Darkside, to decide what Jedi team might work in a battle meant for a different team or even if I could do certain battles without a tank. Because of the overlap and the fact I could do them all if I was very efficient, I tried to think about what I was doing. I had to go back at the end and do a few extra battles, but I knew that was just because I had to make compromises along the way.

In hard mode I’m being told from the beginning that my choices don’t really matter. I’ll be grinding out extra battles (most likely on auto at the end). I’ll do them, but, instead of an enjoyable affair of cleaning up my inefficiencies, I’m just doing busy work because someone thought a bigger number was an improved challenge.

In this case the balance for the feats was correct in normal mode. The increased challenge to the feats in hard mode comes from the increased challenge in the battles. A bigger number doesn’t add to that, it just reduces enjoyment by adding grind.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Hard seems fine so far.

CG can't win amirite.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Remeber these first two runs through Conquest, things will be changing, and CG is taking feedback, monitoring bugs, etc. Providing useful feedback and suggestions instead of venting your frustrations will improve the game mode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still a toxic forums.
  • LordHel
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Stish wrote: »
    I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that you can’t challenge hard mode because you aren’t 4 mil. Why do they care if you fail miserably? I’m 3.5mil with a gl and relic padme, jkr and cls squads. Pretty sure I’d be able to at least get the first crate.

Exactly. It's just an limit to get people to increase GP as quickly as possible, preferably with real money. Why should not everyone be allowed to decide for himself what he plays. LS Geo, hSR, Hrancor are all modes that not every guild can complete successfully, but everyone has the chance to try it.

Here there is now 4 million GP minimum requirement, although ships play no role at all. So someone with 2.5 million Toon GP and 1.5 Ship GP is allowed to play hard mode, but someone with 2.9 Toon GP and 1 million Ship GP is not, although he would have better prerequisites.

I know that there is also a minimum requirement for LS Geo. But it is ridiculously low.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    They definitely need to fix the data disks. Sector 3 boss and thus far zero purples in all of last conquest plus up to this point.

Plus yet again double data disks on a node.

q5hhd9xb957k.png
  • CT_Waxer_7777
    175 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Just cleared sector 5, working on feats, I very much like the difficulty tuning for hard mode. I would love to see aeromagnifiers in the wandering merchant though because every other relic piece was there…
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Hard seems fine so far.

CG can't win amirite.

Or can’t it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Hard seems fine so far.

CG can't win amirite.

Or can’t it

Wait...can't can't - does that mean it can or it can't???

tenor.gif?itemid=4226242

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hard seems fine so far.

CG can't win amirite.

Or can’t it

Wait...can't can't - does that mean it can or it can't???

tenor.gif?itemid=4226242

Or doesn't it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH