Conquest hard mode

Replies

• Those razor crest shards are crazy expensive though, I’m wondering if it’s better just to use conquest tokens for gear. If I don’t miscalculate you’d have to buy 8 shards per conquest to get the ship maxed out one conquest earlier than if you’d just get the shards from max crate. That’s a lot of extra gear.
    And after you max it out it’s going to be shard shop currency anyway
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Those razor crest shards are crazy expensive though, I’m wondering if it’s better just to use conquest tokens for gear. If I don’t miscalculate you’d have to buy 8 shards per conquest to get the ship maxed out one conquest earlier than if you’d just get the shards from max crate. That’s a lot of extra gear.
    And after you max it out it’s going to be shard shop currency anyway

The way I see it, it's an absolute waste to buy RC shards, I prefer on going for those G12+ and finishers pieces
    Post edited by mariogsh on
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    The way I look at it; you can get the gear in multiple locations. Can't get RC shards.. So that's where my currency is going.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The way I look at it; you can get the gear in multiple locations. Can't get RC shards.. So that's where my currency is going.

Agree.

For now, I can keep all my other farming the same elsewhere.
  • 8 RC shards vs 46 mk 12 armatech prototypes, my currency is going to the mk 12 prototypes, I will just have to wait 1 extra month to max out RC so I'm cool with that
  • I feel 2 weeks is too long. Make it 1 week but slightly tweak the stamina and energy recovery to compensate.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Thulsadoom wrote: »
    I feel 2 weeks is too long. Make it 1 week but slightly tweak the stamina and energy recovery to compensate.

Hell no, what are you talking about, you do realize u have to do BOTH normal and hard mode right? In 2 weeks
  • Thulsadoom wrote: »
    I feel 2 weeks is too long. Make it 1 week but slightly tweak the stamina and energy recovery to compensate.

Hell no, what are you talking about, you do realize u have to do BOTH normal and hard mode right? In 2 weeks

What? That's not how it works...

You choose either normal or hard mode and you're locked in for the two weeks

Sure that's not how it works, oh wait @CG_Doja_Fett announced that o2ttd6clufkz.jpg
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

Sure that's not how it works, oh wait @CG_Doja_Fett announced that o2ttd6clufkz.jpg

Wow you really don’t understand it. You have to complete normal once to be able to do hard, just once. Then for every future conquest you choose to do either normal or hard and you have 2 weeks, you don’t do both in those 2 weeks
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    14 full Sith Squads AND 50 Thermal Detonators feat in the same sector. Yet another mindless grind...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Hortus wrote: »
    14 full Sith Squads AND 50 Thermal Detonators feat in the same sector. Yet another mindless grind...

Inb4 sith greedo is released.

Lol don't you wonder why there's a bunch of people talking about how hard mode is going even though this Conquest has only been on for 3 days? Do you think that every single person chiming in regarding hard mode whaled on energy refreshes to get through normal mode within a day before moving on to hard? You only have to beat the normal mode sector 5 boss once and be at 4 mil GP to unlock hard mode forever. You literally cannot do both normal and hard mode in one single Conquest, feel free to show us if you somehow find a way to
  • Hortus wrote: »

It took 1 battle for 50 detonator, just run greedo, zam and dengar with the cool down reduction data disk easy peasy, you don't even need to win the match, I timed out, play against the Phoenix squad

Lol don't you wonder why there's a bunch of people talking about how hard mode is going even though this Conquest has only been on for 3 days? Do you think that every single person chiming in regarding hard mode whaled on energy refreshes to get through normal mode within a day before moving on to hard? You only have to beat the normal mode sector 5 boss once and be at 4 mil GP to unlock hard mode forever. You literally cannot do both normal and hard mode in one single Conquest, feel free to show us if you somehow find a way to

(Original comment got erased )
    If that is the case then they are shooting themselves in the foot, right now u don't even need to do 1 refresh or use a stim pack to beat hard mode, but if we had to do both tiers each time, then we would go from 0 refreshes and 0 stim packs to 2 to 3 refreshes per day plus stim pack purchases for people that don't have multiple solid teams and let's be honest here, rewards for normal mode suck compared to hard mode, they would definitely make more money if everyone had to grind through normal mode first
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

If that is the case then they are shooting themselves in the foot, right now u don't even need to do 1 refresh or use a stim pack to beat hard mode, but if we had to do both tiers each time, then we would go from 0 refreshes and 0 stim packs to 2 to 3 refreshes per day plus stim pack purchases for people that don't have multiple solid teams and let's be honest here, rewards for normal mode suck compared to hard mode, they would definitely make more money if everyone had to grind through normal mode first

There is no indication they particularly want you to spend on refreshes unless you are failing a lot. The mode overall encourages you to develop your roster to a decent state=monies from elsewhere.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    MaruMaru wrote: »

There is no indication they particularly want you to spend on refreshes unless you are failing a lot. The mode overall encourages you to develop your roster to a decent state=monies from elsewhere.

The only way I could see them make us spend money in this mode was on refreshes well atlist for the people that been playing since day one or thea people that are mega 🐋, but I can totally see them locking the last crate behind character feats, like oh u need Bo Katan to deal 500k damage in a single battle type thing, otherwise it's only the people that are newer to the game be spending the money
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

The only way I could see them make us spend money in this mode was on refreshes well atlist for the people that been playing since day one or thea people that are mega 🐋, but I can totally see them locking the last crate behind character feats, like oh u need Bo Katan to deal 500k damage in a single battle type thing, otherwise it's only the people that are newer to the game be spending the money

I dunno where the red box capability cut off would be in terms of roster strength. If the success rates show up too high after this very first hard run, I bet they'd adjust the difficulty upwards. This can be done without changing the math but via changing particular cards and team compos we are getting.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

I dunno where the red box capability cut off would be in terms of roster strength. If the success rates show up too high after this very first hard run, I bet they'd adjust the difficulty upwards. This can be done without changing the math but via changing particular cards and team compos we are getting.

I'm sure they will tweak the cards a bit and make it more difficult or it doesn't feel difficult for me because I got all the major teams almost maxed out and I can switch between them and don't feel a huge challenge, where for people with 4mil gp they might get stuck. Time will tell, I just hope they don't introduce character based feats and we are golden
  • @ Brewer:

On normal mode I used a medium-strong Imperial Trooper squad that's fully kitted out (though not fully geared) to beat a GAS squad. When you have Veers' zeta, Veers lead, Piett's zeta, Starck's zeta, and Range trooper (for extra assists), you have a ton of toons that do a little bit of damage, but then also heal on every buff...and every single team member gets a buff (The Emperor's Trap) when **anyone** makes an attack (in turn or out of turn).

My Veers is the only G12 of them, I just ran into GAS on the second fight pf sector 3. Gave Piett both zetas, as it looks like I will have to give this a try. Who do you use for your fifth? I have both Death and Shore, but it occurs that Gideon might fit.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

I mean, the fact that they made two different modes pretty much shows that making money off of refreshes isn't one of their big priorities. Otherwise they would have just made one uber long Conquest where it begins with the current Normal difficult and ends with the current Hard difficulty. Plus if they made you go through both modes then they'd have to pay out rewards for both modes.

I'm sure they will tweak the cards a bit and make it more difficult or it doesn't feel difficult for me because I got all the major teams almost maxed out and I can switch between them and don't feel a huge challenge, where for people with 4mil gp they might get stuck. Time will tell, I just hope they don't introduce character based feats and we are golden

I'm confused, are you on hard mode right now? Because if you have all of the major teams mostly maxed and are saying that Conquest isn't a huge challenge, then surely you're on hard mode. But then how could you have possibly not known that you don't need to do both normal and hard in the two week span?
  • It took 1 battle for 50 detonator, just run greedo, zam and dengar with the cool down reduction data disk easy peasy

Rey (L) with 4x Jawas (including Scavenger, natch) also does it. With Rey's ult you run up against the Geos and just let them wail away until they kill themselves using more than 50 Thermal dets.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    It took 1 battle for 50 detonator, just run greedo, zam and dengar with the cool down reduction data disk easy peasy

Rey (L) with 4x Jawas (including Scavenger, natch) also does it. With Rey's ult you run up against the Geos and just let them wail away until they kill themselves using more than 50 Thermal dets.

Ah good pointer, I was just about to get started on detonator feat.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

At 5.2m with 1 GL I am definitely feeling things ratchet up in Sector 3 of Hard mode. Reckon I'll still make progress in sector 4, albeit slower.

Not confident I'll get through sector 5 and if I do it'll likely be GL-only battles in sector 5 interspersed with lesser squads re-battling in earlier sectors for feats.

Not exactly EzPz, nor would I expect it to be at my power level.
  • I'm confused, are you on hard mode right now? Because if you have all of the major teams mostly maxed and are saying that Conquest isn't a huge challenge, then surely you're on hard mode. But then how could you have possibly not known that you don't need to do both normal and hard in the two week span?
    I thought they only gave us the choice because it was the test run and we had to run both when it went live.
    At 5.2m with 1 GL I am definitely feeling things ratchet up in Sector 3 of Hard mode. Reckon I'll still make progress in sector 4, albeit slower.

Not confident I'll get through sector 5 and if I do it'll likely be GL-only battles in sector 5 interspersed with lesser squads re-battling in earlier sectors for feats.

Not exactly EzPz, nor would I expect it to be at my power level.
    Yeah exactly I don't how you guys are fairing with less top squads, there is also the rng aspect of it, my friend got the dread data card and its gonna be a cake walk for him for the rest of the conquest, where I got the booming voice and the massively overpowered, so I think CG needs to make sure we all get the same data cards at the endbof each boss fight to not give unfair advantages to some players imo
  • Brewer:
    Who do you use for your fifth? I have both Death and Shore, but it occurs that Gideon might fit.

I usually use Gideon - he has that unresistable daze, which is nice, but I've been kinda thinking about death loaded for Potency rather than offense, because he might spread daze earlier and more often. + the death mark might be helpful at some points.

Gideon's a wonderful fit, but not everyone has him geared yet (I'm lucky to have him g12, frankly, and I know it) and I think death would do the job.

Shore is just unnecessary as all the healing keeps you topped up. The only thing to worry about is that first attack from GAS landing a bunch of dazes, then counter-attacking you to death before your toons can come out of daze & start gaining TM again. But if GAS is dazed, you can make it. The problem with Gideon is that sometimes it's just not his turn at the right moment. Still, he's fast. He's probably better than death, but since I haven't tried death yet I'm not entirely sure.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I took Gideon to G11, missing the kyros to get to G12. My Piett is 1 shard shy of 7*, I might go back and pick up feats in sector 2 and wait for Piett, should be done tomorrow. I'll give it a shot then, thanks MasterSeedy.

ETA.. I just won the sector 3 GAS fight with JKL led Wat, GMY, JKA, and GK, put shield tech on GK, Wat died but I pulled out the win with that team.
    My troopers failed in sector 2 to a GAS team so I knew I had to get creative.
    Post edited by DaarthBrewer on
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

As someone who doesn't have beskar mando, I won't buy RC shards, I'll be buying blue signal data because it's a pain to farm.

I can also get zinbiddles and electrium conductors, I'll just see how much currency I have at the end.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I don't have BAM either but with a few months to farm RC I most likely will have both just in time.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Twi wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    MaglorC wrote: »
    i'm not sure if I can handle Hard Mode with my roster. Only got 3.5m GP & got max rewards on normal mode.
    Though, the first crate is as good as the max crate in Normal mode
    Choices, choices, choices

I think you need 4m GP minimum to be able to join hard mode. Not 100% sure as it may be just a recommendation.

Personally I think the limit based on GP is stupid. I doubt you would be able to use over half, maybe three quarters at a push of your whole GP roster. I for one, wouldn’t be using my G9 Phoenix team for example. I doubt all of 4m of most players would be meta or useful, and you don’t even use ships.

Dont mention ships... It might give CG ideas about adding them into conquest...

Why shouldn't they be? If Conquest is designed to be a test/use of our full roster, it would make sense that it include our entire roster.

We need more ships first. Kind of lame that we don’t have enough ships to field at least one full team with each capital ships