Phoenix squad almost fully developed.. What next?

I'm at a crossroad where my Phoenix squad is near completion. I should be able to gear them up to acquire 7* Thrawn in the next month. But not sure of the best route afterward. I hear that some pivot to building Geo's to get Padme while others look to go Jedi with the goal of getting Revan> Malak. ClS is another option.
Based on my current roster and the state of the game which route would be the best to build after Phoenix?

https://swgoh.gg/p/485138964/

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    A natural next step would be an empire team (Vader, Thrawn, EP, Tarkin +1) which is required to unlock R2D2 and helps you in various game modes. Vader, EP and Thrawn are the core members of the team. Use Tarkin, because he commands the Executrix which is a great capital ship early on and required for the zeta ability mats challenge.

Gearing up Boba Fett will help you gain more credits from credit heists. The sooner - the more credits.
  • Options
    Tarkin + Geos

Farm bastila and Boba in yellow energy.
    Boba in the Cantina Coin
    Dengar in Guild Currency
    Kylo + Tie Silencer in the Canteen
    Tarkin at the Arena
    Geonosian ships in the Galactic War
    Geonosians in the currency of ships (pilot, spy and sun fac)
    Sun Fac ship and Slave 1 on the ship table.

This will release the zeta challenge on Mondays / Thursdays and Sundays

At level 83 you will be able to farm the alpha geonosian, by then the poogle will already be released giving your second team.
  • Schwartzring
    1420 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Agreed w/ Waqui, Palpatine Lead is great, Vader is awesome, ditto Thrawn.
    Tarkin is obvious as he's your best option for 1st Fleet Commander.
    5th Empire/Sith can be almost anyone you have & need for another purpose. (RG, Dooku, TIE, KRU)

The 3 Geos that are Pilots are a MUST as is Kylo/Silencer so you can rock out in Fleet.

Here is my suggested Stores/Nodes Priority Farm (Some reordering is possible)

Light Nodes = FOST > ?
    Dark Nodes = Sabine > Range > Jolee
    Also earlyish nodes but I don't recall the side = Vulture, TIE Bomber, Bastila, Zaalbar.

Cantina = Ezra > Hera > KRU/Silencer > Spy > Soldier > Old Ben
    Cantina Store = Chopper > Boba > Ahsoka

Squad Store = Kanan > IG88 > Tarkin > ST-Han
    G-War Store = Cad Bane > Zeb > DarkSide/Geo Ships
    Fleet Store = Sun Fac & Sun's Ship > Vader's Ship & Boba's Ship > Rex's Ship & G.Grievous

Fleet Nodes = Use to Double up on above farms (Bastila, Jolee, Zalbar, Vader's Ship, Boba's Ship)
  • Options
    What are you farming from each area and shops at the moment? It may be that you've already planned out for some of the points below.

Agree with Waqui, you will need lots of credits still so some work on scoundrels is required.

With your phoenix you should be able to unlock Thrawn, 6* at character level 70 and then 7* at character level 80 with the right rng but there are millions of credits between your current character level and level 80 not to mention huge sums to spend on mods.

Don't go to hard on the scoundrels, just the bare minimum at this stage to get through the tiers. Boba can do most of the work.

I see you have four scoundrels, Boba is great to work on, and use Nute as well, I wouldn't put anything into Young Lando or CW Chewie if you can avoid it which means you need another three scoundrels for the event. Unless you have some unactivated scoundrels who have good longevity work on Dengar out of guild store, Cad Bane from War Store and ST Han from Squad once your Nute is 5* (should be sufficient to do Credit Heist) after that swap back to Nute.

Now Nute and ST Han from Squad raises a difficult point. You really need to pick up your fleet and arena ranking. What is you current currency take from the arenas? Fleet will be the easiest place to focus. Work on your seps and empire. Don't bother leveling up your Home one and Admiral Akbar now work solely on dark side ships for the 5* Executrix challenge. This means gearing up your geos, Tarkin and tie fighter pilot (if you have him and ship). Vader is a very handy pilot but difficult to get his ship leveled.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback!

Right now I’m farming Phoenix gear (which is time consuming) along with KRU for his ship, occasionally Geos and their ships when I see them in the fleet store or GW store. I haven’t concentrated on Bounty Hunters yet outside of Boba Fett.

I’m not sure how to increase my rankings with my current squad. I started playing occasionally in December but have started playing seriously in the last month or so. It seems everyone has squads a lot stronger than mine.
  • Options
    If you want a quick jump up in Squad Arena I would suggest to pivot to an empire team as mentioned, Palp + Vader + Thrawn + Tarkin +1. You will see a noticeable jump in your SA rankings moving to them from PS, and the same team can do very well in GAC and GW completions. Focus should be getting Vader to g12 and putting the zeta on MM as soon as you can (zeta on Palp's leader ability is good as well).

But I would say that is just a stop gap team and you should plan to start farming something else. I would NOT suggest CLS (that's the road I went down) and it requires a lot of toons and then even after you have him, you really need 4 different rebels than the ones you already had to farm (i.e. you need Raid Han, Chewie, 3pacca & C3P0).

I would make a decision between either going after JKR or Padme, and likely lean towards Padme for the following reasons:
    1. You can bring up Geos to unlock her, which will give you a super solid team for GAC and even Squad Arena
    2. Geos can then be your starting fleet if not already as you will already be gearing the pilots
    3. Transition to GR fleet since you will want JKA and Ahsoka for your Padme team, and eventually GK and Negotiator.

Key thing is just to try to plan ahead a bit of where you want to go, then put the plan in place.
  • Options
    I would suggest that short of the 2 Jedi, you not push Phoenix deeper than G8 + Easy Pieces.
    Concentrate all hard pieces trying to get Ezra to G10.
    Him & to a lesser extent Kanan are the useful ones since they can transition over to a Jedi team w/ Bastila & Yoda fairly early.

Every Stungun or Droidcaller used on the rest of the team is basically a waste, save them all for Ezra (and Kanan)

Also, stop leveling the rest of your roster.

You only need 1 LS Team, 1 DS Team, & enough mixed Scoundrels to get Credit Heists done.
    At most that is 15 people prior to Fleet access.
    Then add Pilots but that is it.

All other extra characters leave at Level-1, Gear-1 & ignore them till your ready to USE them for a full team.

Your credits will appreciate not leveling them all at once.
  • Options
    These folks are giving you good advice. You should definitely listen.

I'll just throw in that where there are disagreements, everyone is generally giving you good advice on toon/ship development & generally progressing through the game, so the tiebreaker when you are looking at 2 options with equally strong recommendations should always be, "Which one will be more fun?" Remember this is a game & always seek the fun.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.. I have a game plan now. Love the support from the Swgoh community. Thanks again for the sound and practical advice!