What imperium/first order/??? to focus on after Phoenix squad

Maunzinator
posts Member
edited March 2021
Hi there,

as many have asked already what is the most useful road to take on after phoenix squad? Which I shall complete in 1-2 weeks.
Link: https://swgoh.gg/p/349386481/

I currently fail gloriously in fleet battles and think about investing in my current First Order team (KRU KR, Captain Phasma, Officer of the First Order and First Order Executioner) afterwards?

Or, should I ditch the First order team and go for Darth Vader, EP, Thrawn and "two other guys"?
Post edited by Maunzinator on

Replies

• Options
    So you're a little late to organizing your efforts, but not too late.

I would set the following priorities, if I were you. However, remember that if anyone gives you advice - even good advice - and it doesn't seem like it will be fun, follow the fun instead. This is a game and fun should always be the first priority.

That out of the way, your FO squad needs zetas to come together, as does an Empire squad. For various reasons (you can ask or you can just read advice given to other players & see for yourself how it applies here), I would make your highest priority unlocking Bastila & getting her leadership to level 7 (do not bother with the zeta).

Bastila + 4 jedi should allow you to clear Galactic Battles: War every single day. This is crucial for making quick progress in Fleet.

Finish up your Phoenix, but then immediate go to work on Geonosian Spy & Geonosian Soldier in the Cantina Battles.

Meanwhile you need 5 Jedi at 5* as soon as possible to unlock Grand Master Yoda. With 2 jedi from your Phoenix squad, that means you need 3 more. You could use Bastila, but she's a slow farm and is useful right now primarily for her leadership. Your Jedi lack damage, however, and GMY is useful in so many ways in so many different parts of the game. So I would quick farm Ahsoka Tano + 2 other Jedi, use those to get GMY, and then pair Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka & GMY with Bastila for Galactic Battles: War. If you can find a way to make it work, I would have one of those other Jedi be Old Ben, since he is also needed to unlock CLS.

it takes a surprising amount of time to get from where you are to level 85 when you have all possible zetas available to you or even to level 82 when the first zetas become available. So you need to be thinking not about squads that succeed because of their zetas, but squads that will succeed for what you need them in the short to medium term.

Have you read any threads from other players who asked for help?

Some of those have full plans detailed for every store and every energy type. You need something like that to get the most out of the game, so go read those other threads and think about how you might plan for growth.

Especially useful to be farming right now are:
    Pilotless ships
    Bounty Hunter ships
    Geonosian Ships
    Geonosian Pilots
    Bastila
    Jolee
    Old Ben
    Farmboy Luke
    StormTrooper Han
    Princess Leia
    Tarkin
    Ackbar
    Vader
    TIE Pilot
    Range Trooper

But you'll have to make those part of an integrated plan and then you'll also have to decide on some personal priorities because characters that are generally good to farm at your level aren't necessarily the highest priorities if they don't get you to your next destination. So by setting specific goals you might find your farming priorities change. Only then can you come up with a final list of characters to farm from each location in order of priority.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    The classic progression is Phoenix -> Empire for good reason.

Don't put any more gear into Phoenix than you need to 7-star Palpatine and Thrawn. Thrawn is harder but can be 7-starred with g8 Phoenix and I believe g10 or 11 Ezra - he's useful outside of the squad anyway.

Then switch to Palpatine, Thrawn, Vader,.Tarkin, Tie Pilot for squad and use Executrix, Imperial Tie Fighter, Tie Bomber (pilotless), Vader's Tie Fighter as the core of your fleet.

Do not dump resources into the Rebel fleet: it's expensive and ineffective without Han's Millenium Falcon.