Does hard mode take away good data disks?

I have yet to find another 3 dot data disk in hard mode. Currently in sector 4 and the best data disk I have is a 3 dot leaders resolve. Does hard mode make it harder to find data disks or am I just out of luck?

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    rng
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    There you have it from a trusted source. TVF bringing the knowledge.
  • Options
    I'm into sector 5 hard mode with no purple data disk in sight. Most people have 1, some people have 3. Feeling annoyed.
  • Options
    Sprtfshr wrote: »
    I'm into sector 5 hard mode with no purple data disk in sight. Most people have 1, some people have 3. Feeling annoyed.

Oh dude I'm not even kissing I got the option of getting 3 overpowered disks and 2 booming voice and only 1 of them was after a boss battle others where just random, too much rng
  • Options
    I just got Dread but that wasn't until section 4. It is indeed an RNG thing as others have commented.
  • Options
    No purple in swctors 1 through 4 for me.
  • Options
    Finishing sector 4 and no purple disc seen in this conquest, nor in the previous one.
  • Joebo720
    647 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    It is rng. I didn't see any purple discs all the way through the first conquest and got my first one in sector 5 this time. Others in my fleet have gotten them right away in sector 1. Probably my only real complaint about conquest is how rng they are. Can make it work without them. But some make it a lot easier.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

93e9a1462345f42473c889e231b554eb.gif
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Deployable cooling systems + offensive/defensive buffs + %offense for each buff is better than any of the purple discs.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Have not found a single purple data disk on my both conquest runs lol

EDIT: Tho, my hard one is not over yet, I'm halfway through sector 4, so anything can happen, right?
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    I had the option for 2 4* purple disks, (only took 1 of them) and have a full set of 4 3* leader disks, though only one of them is blue. Hard mode, cleared every node.

RNG is RNG.

And yeah, a lot of the 1 and 2 dot ones are actually arguably better, ESPECIALLY if you don't have a GL to abuse the leader buff ones.
    Some 4 dots are completely busted, others are near useless for most teams/without specific supporting disks, like the overpowering one.
    3 dots are generally "good", but heavily reliant on having a team that can run a good character in the leader spot, etc.

The 1 and 2 dots are almost entirely universally useful though, and when stacked correctly can completely break the mode.
  • Options
    Completed the entire conquest without one single purple data disk being offered.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Cs99 wrote: »
    Deployable cooling systems + offensive/defensive buffs + %offense for each buff is better than any of the purple discs.

Wouldn’t know since I have had exactly one buff disk come up and it’s the crappy defense one. And still zero purples through normal or hard.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

Wouldn’t know since I have had exactly one buff disk come up and it’s the crappy defense one. And still zero purples through normal or hard.

Exactly one buff disk?

Have you done half a sector so far?

Press X to doubt.
  • nottenst
    688 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Haven't seen deployable cooling systems this time. RNG. The last couple of data disk nodes all had disks I already had.
  • Options
    Stop worrying about purple disks. They are not as good as the combo of lower disks.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

93e9a1462345f42473c889e231b554eb.gif
    AND HE IS A MAN OF CULTURE! @TVF, Chaotic Neutral embodied, is a man of serious culture. Whoda thunk.

• Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    Ok, but purple discs aren't actually some unpassable barrier. Offensive Buffs, Defensive Buffs, tm for buffs (forgot what this one is called) and Deployable Cooling Systems make for a deadly combo of one/two star discs that already work well with a combo of browns and greens.

That’s pretty much it. Purples are overrated ;)
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pair this up with GMY and let the thrashings commence
    j1f2ijasbsr6.jpg

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Which is also true.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    u44gqmsg7zq5.png
  • Options
    I have three of them but barely bothered to use them. It's all about the cooldown buffs so not really necessary. I'm also of the mindset that this is still way too easy on Hard mode (here come the pitchforks). To get the best rewards I feel like you should have to really earn it but I was done with all of this like a week ago and only used a couple of refreshes

363d2lggu3bh.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I have three of them but barely bothered to use them. It's all about the cooldown buffs so not really necessary. I'm also of the mindset that this is still way too easy on Hard mode (here come the pitchforks). To get the best rewards I feel like you should have to really earn it but I was done with all of this like a week ago and only used a couple of refreshes

363d2lggu3bh.png

I agree that it should be harder. In a scene where majority is now in div 1, it's basically red box for whomever puts in the effort in div 1, thus neutralising any advantage.