Squad - First Order: Failed. - Resistance Team: Better. +VIDEOS

SidiousIsPikachu
771 posts Member
edited April 2016
hey. wanted to share with the forum my experience with what i believe would be an amazing team, and could have been, if not for AI being extremely weak - First order based team.
the team i used to play until now: QGJ (L), Rey, FOTP, RG, Poe. as you can see, 2 tank taunters, with 2 hard attackers and fast QGJ. this team worked very well on defense, i saw many times people engaging me and preventing me from engage others, while i stay in same spot, means they failed to beat me. the 2 tanks team works well defensively, and i was happy with it :) i finished #1 8 of last 9 days, without using refresh except for once. i would drop from #1 to 13-17 in 23 hours, and in last hour, started work, snipe, and gain the 1st spot again.
However this team couldn't beat every1 in my server, so i wanted to make even stronger team. so i thought about Half FO team.
My "Half FO" team is this : Phasma leader 7*, FOTP 7*, Kylo 6*, RG 6*/Poe 7* (need a tank and taunter), Rey 7*.
and offensively its great. Phasma giving turn meter and assists is completely insane, and i was able to beat a team i never could before, with many squads i tried. this team: QGJ, GS, Rey, Fotp, Dooku. here's a video of this:
https://youtu.be/w8ZH_gbTezM
also, i've been able to beat with 5 toons alive some1 i barely win most of times, always finish with 3-4 deaths, and only rey alive to finish the job. but with this team i can be sure with the win. this is it:
https://youtu.be/CGldEgcUHVw

So offensively, this team gave me finally convincing wins over teams i couldn't win before. However, the big problem is defense. As i said, i used to drop to 13-17 in 23 hours. today i woke up to spot 32# with FO team. my wild guess is that FO team is very weak in the hands of AI because of phasma using Fusillade instead of Victory march at first turn. i would never drop 30 spots with 2 tanks like RG and Poe playing together. this is a huge drop, and therefore FO team is fail for my purposes.

So right now, i'll do something diffrent and will update in this post soon: Resistance team. Poe as leader, Rey, Rp, RG, 'aaaaa'. 'aaaaa' can be FOTP, QGJ.. will be RT when high enough. for now im not sure, and you guys can suggest. i want to make sure that resistance team will be able to beat opponents that is hard for my usual team, like 'Longsein' and 'Domme' 2 of the best in my server for long time, and also that the team won't be a fail in defense. and i predict that it won't be, since Poe and RG together.
So videos of Resistance team soon, hope this post meanwhile provide information needed for those who want to try First order team.
Post edited by SidiousIsPikachu on

Replies

• if some1 who knows how to upload to the forum embed videos.. plz pm me lol
  • I've played around with them. Poe (l), res pilot, res trooper, rey, and various #5's including RG. I find them to be too slow. There is no defense in this game.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    With [ c o d e ] YouTube linke here [ /c o d e ]

Just kill the blanks or use the button on top of the comment field (between "I" and smileys)
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    [vid eo] link [\vid eo]
  • @SidiousIsPikachu why don't you just use phasma team on offense and QGJ team on deffense?
  • thanks for help with videos.
    @TheDukeofDukes22 i currently use both this, obviously in last game the QGJ team with 2 tanks.
    @Ello_Asty obviously there's defense in this game, and the change between those 2 teams prove it. you welcome to try team like QGJ, Rg,Poe,Fotp,Rey. team 2 with taunters and 3 attackers, you'll see how good this is defensively. and im sad to hear about resistance team, since i really really want it to work. you have RT in 7* also ? you couldnt beat team in offense or you dropped too much in defense ?

the fact that team with no synergy like i usually play works better than Jedi Team, Fo team, or resistance team.. just sad.
  • I think your double tank will really shine when the game changes are applied!
  • I also hope about FO team to shine lol
    even tho i think 100% defense pen is better than crit chance.. i mean, i already crit a lot... defense pen is better.. not sure why everybody saying that Advantage will be better, i think it'll be worse. :(

Resistance team videos coming later today.
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    UPDATE : so i tried Resistance team, even tho its not complete yet and still not the full powered resistance team i want. im planning on Poe,RP,RT,Rey,RG all 7*. my RT have a way to go yet, hes still 5* and gear not maxed. so instead RT im playing FOTP/QGJ atm. btw, my RP isnt maxed with gear also, have 4 more slots that i need to fill, and i'll in the next 2 weeks i suppose... anyway, the idea is simple, RPilot and Rey using the offense bonus. Poe and RPilot using the potency bonus. this team didnt work as well as FO team offensively, since obviously it dont hit as much as FO team calling assists, and videos will prove it. however, the fact that Poe+RG together again prove himself defensively, since again im dropping to 20 max (started from 6, needed to "Recover" myself from the drop of FO team)
    So offensively not so great, but defensively work as nice as my original team.
    Videos :
    https://youtu.be/KdbcSzxTFp4
    another video of Resistance team in action
    https://youtu.be/au99-jpkQVs
    Resistance team vs an "easy team", compared to most top20 in server.
    https://youtu.be/PrEhoHMRjQI
    as you can see, even tho this team playing without GS/Rey/FOTP and built with sid+phasma and not on leader spot, the resistance team struggles a bit, what i guess wouldn't happen to FO team, which would remove them fast.

and resistance team without FOTP removed in first round:
    https://youtu.be/sbP3QQWv_Vg

so those are the videos, and as said, the resistance team dont drop as much as FO in defense. hope it'll help people. :)
  • My humble opinion and conclusions:
    Offensive team for me:
    1) Phasma (L), First Order Tie Pilot, Kylo Ren, Rey, Royal Guard/Poe.
    2) Poe (L), Rey, Resistance Pilot, Royal Guard, First Order Tie Pilot.
    3) QGJ/Sid (L), Rey, First Order Tie Pilot, Royal Guard, Poe.

Defensive team:
    1) QGJ (L), Rey, First Order Tie Pilot, Royal Guard, Poe.
    2) Poe (L), Rey, Resistance Pilot, Royal Guard, First Order Tie Pilot.
    3) Phasma (L), First Order Tie Pilot, Kylo Ren, Rey, Royal Guard/Poe.

*Defensively, the reason why QGJ Lead team is better than Resistance team, is because of the Humling blow of QGJ, removing taunt
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    My RT is not built up, it is about where yours is at so these monthly rewards will help. I subbed in just like you did but I dropped more defensively than with Dooku, RP, Rey, RG, HRS/GS. Poe gives too much away to QGJ and Dooku teams to use. Resistance teams would have been great but people used other toons like GS with Poe which copied the idea and then the Poe nerf was just a huge resistance team nerf. I don't get running 2 tanks in this environment, much less 1 to be honest. RG can at least taunt again after QGJ takes it from him so that is his saving grace. I would recommend Dooku, FOTP, RP, Rey, RG if you want the best defense. If you don't have Dooku, then maybe QGJ.

Small tip: don't use RP's special on someone who has expose. She cannot expose them again that way. Also, the best time to attack Dooku is when you already have foresight up. He can only hit once if at all then. This is better with a Dooku lead as it ensures offense up - which is 25% more damage than a Poe lead gives you!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    yes well obviously dooku lead is more defensive than most teams atm, since people for some reason afraid to engage him.
    i have dooku but i hate him so i not gonna use him even in a thousand years, and even tho he's the best leader on resistance team lol for RT RP and Rey... and thanks for the tip, i dont really think before i attack most of times, but in desperate times, will do.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nice videos, thanks for it.

My team is Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and RG, sometimes I use RP or Kylo instead of RG if the opponent have Han or RG and FOTP in the same team, my Rey is almost 5 stars and gear 8, soon I will start to use she, so I though use Poe as leader, without Poggle, and play with Poe (L), Rey, RP, GS and IG-86. It can be useful, because if the attack of GS or IG-86 are critical don't need the offense up and the leader ability of Poggle, but with Poggle as leader is nice to assure that GS and IG-86 kill the enemy if they don't evade the attack, and with the +75% damage the hits of Poggle are around 5K, also is nice, and can block the abilities, very useful sometimes, so at the beginning I will use Rey and RP depending of the opponent team, but in the defense I prefer with Poggle and Poe and RG in the same team, I'm only dropping around 15 positions with this team, I think that with Poe, Rey, RP, RG and GS would be worse, because Rey is not better than IG-86 in the first turn, and RP neither is better than IG-86, so I think that Poggle, GS, IG-86, Poe and RG is better than Poe, Rey, RP, RG and GS/FOTP. Also I think that GS is better than FOTP in that team, you can kill fast characters at the beginning, as Rey or QGJ.

Soon, after get the gears 9, I would like use QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey, Ahsoka and RG, with 4 characters faster than Dooku, or with GS instead of Ahsoka, Poe will be useless from then, so I'm not interested in farm Resistance Trooper for example or in upgrade Poe to gear 9.
  • thats good defense team - 2 beasts with assists - when an assist is allways useful (RG stun, Pog abi block, Poe OffenseDown), with 2 tanks to defend them, so 1 QGJ humbling blow isnt enough to get that GS.
    im sure people engaging you, and being end up shocked when lose eventually.
    Im interested, how many do you drop, and how it does offensively ? being able to beat all teams in your server ?
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @SidiousIsPikachu Yes I'm using Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and RG to get the rank and also to defend the rank, I'm only dropping around 15 positions, but almost all positions from 20:00 to 01:00, for example yesterday at 01:00 I was 11th and at 13:00 I was 15th, only dropped 4 extra positions, mantain the TOP 10 is difficult because a lot of people is fighting for the first 10 positions, but the important thing is that I can get the rank 1 with only 4 battles, without spend crystals.

In my Youtube channel there are a lot of videos with RG and Poe in the same team, or with Poe and Kylo, Poe and RP, RG and RP, etc.

Sometimes I use RP or Kylo instead of RG if the opponent have, for example, Dooku (L), GS, FOTP, Rey and RG, then I prefer kill Rey with GS and use IG-86 and Kylo to kill RG, or use the AoE of Kylo to kill Rey if she survives and to remove the advantage of FOTP (the taunt of Poe is the first hit and the AoE of Kylo the second), it is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWLCF6lfLM

It is RG + RP hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-B4TmgH9c

But to defend the rank the best is Poggle, GS, IG-86, RG and Poe for now, if I use Kylo instead of RG to defend the rank, I can drop 35 positions, but with RG I'm always in the TOP 15-20, the only way to win my team is kill IG-86 before he can play, but if he survive then it's time of RG and Poe, 15K health RG and 14K health Poe, so is a total tank of 29K hehe and meanwhile the attackers can be protected and destroy the enemy. Also to get the rank is nice with QGJ instead of Kylo, but to defend the rank is not useful because of Dooku, so is a risk that someone can play against you while you are waiting for the next battle hehe