Tweaks To Improve Shard Shop

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
As many have voiced, there are some things that would vastly improve the functionality of the shard shop.

1) Limit the hero shards offered to those that are "hard" to farm. Most days the Shard shop is littered with heroes like Lumi, Sid, etc. This is redundant, as most of the players who have any 7* heroes (i.e. anyone that would use the shard shop in the first place) already have the easily-starred heroes.

2) Have the ability to refresh the shard shop. The shard shop is the only part of the game that is not "refreshable" in any way. This seems counter intuitive, as it is seemingly designed for higher level players and people who are P2P.

3) Offer more hero options. Now this might not be necessary if either suggestion 1 or 2 (or both) were implemented. But again, the functionality of the shard shop as designed is counter to the people that would use it. That is, players that have a deep and diverse roster. Limiting the choices to 6 (many/all of whom the player using the shard shop likely already has - and at high star level) drastically limits the usability of the shard shop by the type of players that it is seemingly designed to accommodate.

In summary, the shard shop, as currently implemented doesn't seem to make sense for the type of player that would actually be able to use it. Currently, the shard shop offers only 6 - and usually most, if not all of whom are easily farmed - heroes. And in the off chance that a high level or P2P player actually finds a hero that he/she wants to be shards for, they are limited to 2 shards/day.

Tweaking the shard shop as outlined above would simply make it truly functional for those it was intended to be used by.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Agree. Moreover, I have 40.000 shards, completely useless to me as there are none of my upgradeable heroes in the Shard Shop. Also, I have 18K credits in the Galactic War shop, equally useless. It's a joke. Darth Vader is stuck on 5 stars for months because of this.

EA should make it possible to upgrade ANY hero with extra shards at an appropriate conversion rate value. The same with ability mats and gear.
  • I think it would be a good idea to add a number of shares to the existing crystal bundles as well. It would make both the bundles and the shard shop more attractive.
  • CashFlow
    39 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As many have voiced, there are some things that would vastly improve the functionality of the shard shop.

1) Limit the hero shards offered to those that are "hard" to farm. Most days the Shard shop is littered with heroes like Lumi, Sid, etc. This is redundant, as most of the players who have any 7* heroes (i.e. anyone that would use the shard shop in the first place) already have the easily-starred heroes.

2) Have the ability to refresh the shard shop. The shard shop is the only part of the game that is not "refreshable" in any way. This seems counter intuitive, as it is seemingly designed for higher level players and people who are P2P.

3) Offer more hero options. Now this might not be necessary if either suggestion 1 or 2 (or both) were implemented. But again, the functionality of the shard shop as designed is counter to the people that would use it. That is, players that have a deep and diverse roster. Limiting the choices to 6 (many/all of whom the player using the shard shop likely already has - and at high star level) drastically limits the usability of the shard shop by the type of players that it is seemingly designed to accommodate.

In summary, the shard shop, as currently implemented doesn't seem to make sense for the type of player that would actually be able to use it. Currently, the shard shop offers only 6 - and usually most, if not all of whom are easily farmed - heroes. And in the off chance that a high level or P2P player actually finds a hero that he/she wants to be shards for, they are limited to 2 shards/day.

Tweaking the shard shop as outlined above would simply make it truly functional for those it was intended to be used by.

I agree wholeheartedly - The Shard Shop was something I was really looking forward to as I leveled, but with no way to refresh the shop list - I am sitting on 20k in shards.
  • Scourge194
    390 posts Member
    Hey @Ridder, wouldn't it be cool if there were a market where you could SELL your shards? What currency would you accept? Game currency, that is. The makers could take a cut. Everybody happy. Thoughts, anyone?
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • I think it should give you shard for shard one shard should not be fifteen and it shouldn't take three hundred to get two shards make it simpler to farm the characters or at least a bit more fair