Conquest prize crates and relic mats

Prev13
Question is why do the relic material quantities get smaller as you go after higher level crates? I get that you’re getting better relic materials but why decrease the quantities of the others as you do better in the event?

Replies

• They need to get money somehow, right? They couldn't let you get 40 carbonite boards,even tho they're needed at all relic levels
  • It is the same as the gear going down, because apparently if you complete conquest you don't require gear?
    I really can't understand their logic of removing some of the rewards that you have earned in the progress of getting to the top crate just to say that they have been 'replaced with better'.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Recurve wrote: »
    I really can't understand their logic of removing some of the rewards that you have earned in the progress of getting to the top crate just to say that they have been 'replaced with better'.

But that's exactly the reason: If you're able to get higher crates you're probably more in need of higher relic materials. And to equalize it to a degree so that all people are getting more or less the same amount of useful things they have to take away some of it, otherwise you would have a huge advantage to those who arent's able to get max rewards. Balance of the force, you may have heared it before.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • The "logic" from CG's perspective I'd imagine, is that if players got rewarded with all the crates they had got past then the reward structure becomes too generous. So the top crate offers less gear but gives you higher value relic materials. It's a balance.

Again, just devil's advocating here
  • Pretty sure it is based on the perceived value of the aeromagnifiers.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    Any balancing CG is doing with the rewards crates as a concern for the evenness of rewards is cut by their offering of pack to purchase by the player base. If they were concerned about a great divide or balancing, then their own monetization of gear destroys that concern.

As it stands, players will stop engaging with the new mode early in order to achieve the best rewards for them. For example, I could continue playing and go for the top rewards crate but I will stop playing the mode early to get the crate I want (T5). I may have needed to refresh energy to get the feats completed for top crate but missing out on Aeros and 8 RC shards to get the gear is better for my progression. They’ve created a rewards system that will negatively impact player engagement with the mode imo.
  • Aeromagnifiers are in high demand so that makes sense. Keep in mind with the reward crates you choose which one you get. I prefer relic materials so I’m going up to max. But if you need gear (no harm in that) get the first. I like the reward system because it gives the player autonomy in determining the rewards.

Not to even mention the wandering merchant….
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    Aeromagnifiers are in high demand so that makes sense. Keep in mind with the reward crates you choose which one you get. I prefer relic materials so I’m going up to max. But if you need gear (no harm in that) get the first. I like the reward system because it gives the player autonomy in determining the rewards.

Aeros are only in high demand if you aren’t finishing CRancor and are making the choice to bloat ones roster to apply R8. The 184 pieces needed to scrap for the impulse detectors is also not alleviated in this process. The GAC matchmaking is affected by these choices as well. The difference between R7 & R8 has been minimal in terms of being able to securely win. There are numerous characters perfectly fine at G12 to R3. These items all play into my decision-making to stop at T5.

The rewards system may give you autonomy in choosing your rewards, but limits your ability to engage with the mode over the duration of the event. Subjectively better reward systems should not be applied to a 2-week long event. If I were a developer, I would offer a cumulative objectively better reward crate at the end to drive player engagement with the new mode. Placing these subjective crates limits the amount of people striving to reach the end goal and would never be in line with my intention to drive engagement.

Basically, I would want you to get more for achieving the highest crate than you currently are. Losing to win is a poor decision to put on the player imo (whether losing rewards from less engagement or losing gear when achieving top rewards).
  • Konju wrote: »
    Aeromagnifiers are in high demand so that makes sense. Keep in mind with the reward crates you choose which one you get. I prefer relic materials so I’m going up to max. But if you need gear (no harm in that) get the first. I like the reward system because it gives the player autonomy in determining the rewards.

Aeros are only in high demand if you aren’t finishing CRancor and are making the choice to bloat ones roster to apply R8. The 184 pieces needed to scrap for the impulse detectors is also not alleviated in this process. The GAC matchmaking is affected by these choices as well. The difference between R7 & R8 has been minimal in terms of being able to securely win. There are numerous characters perfectly fine at G12 to R3. These items all play into my decision-making to stop at T5.

The rewards system may give you autonomy in choosing your rewards, but limits your ability to engage with the mode over the duration of the event. Subjectively better reward systems should not be applied to a 2-week long event. If I were a developer, I would offer a cumulative objectively better reward crate at the end to drive player engagement with the new mode. Placing these subjective crates limits the amount of people striving to reach the end goal and would never be in line with my intention to drive engagement.

Basically, I would want you to get more for achieving the highest crate than you currently are. Losing to win is a poor decision to put on the player imo (whether losing rewards from less engagement or losing gear when achieving top rewards).

You can say that about R8 material, but WHEN they are required for the next GLs, I’ll say I told you so.
  • Also be aware that you only get a meaningful amount of R8 scrap if you place top 10 in Crancor. For anyone within the top 25 you are getting 5. So getting 10 from a 2 week game mode is plenty fair
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

You can say that about R8 material, but WHEN they are required for the next GLs, I’ll say I told you so.

The months required to farm the new marquee characters to sufficient star and gear level allows for the opportunity to build up R8 mats if in a guild completing CRancor and placing in the top 25 (1 month per character to R8 plus any mats already built up). I know they will be required for the next GLs hence I have yet to apply any R8 mats so no need to tell me you told me anything as my own awareness was already ahead of any information you could provide in this regard.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    Nothing from this recent exchange changes that objective crates would enhance your rewards and increase overall engagement from the player base to achieve the objectively best rewards possible.
  • Your error comes in assuming everyone wants to hoard their Relic 8 instead of getting an edge in LSGEO, KAM, and arena
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    And your error comes in assuming R8 provides a major edge in any of those modes. I have 100% completion on KAM (only 1 R7 in the squad). Arena is unaffected by R8 as I place 1-3 everyday (depending upon my payout week). The 1 character I can understand making a big difference by applying R8 in LS Geo is GAS.
  • Konju wrote: »
    And your error comes in assuming R8 provides a major edge in any of those modes. I have 100% completion on KAM (only 1 R7 in the squad). Arena is unaffected by R8 as I place 1-3 everyday (depending upon my payout week). The 1 character I can understand making a big difference by applying R8 in LS Geo is GAS.

Except YOUR experience and shard, is not the only one out there. Some people do have shards where relic 8 makes a difference.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member

Except YOUR experience and shard, is not the only one out there. Some people do have shards where relic 8 makes a difference.

Not from anyone I have spoken with (perhaps younger shards would be affected by R8). My information is not only my own experience but from many others much further along, so perhaps I am missing the early mid game players. Modding still remains a bigger differential than R8 from anyone I have spoken with.
  • Not to mention the huge fleet difference in R8….
  • StarSon
    7426 posts Member
    Not to mention the huge fleet difference in R8….

R8 in fleet only helps Negotiator mirrors, and YMMV. I know a bunch of people that have an r8 GK specifically for fleet and it did not work out as well as they'd hoped. 5* Malevolence fleets still win on offense.

The stat boosts from r8 also will not make an appreciable difference in arena. I see several of them every day and it just doesn't matter. And the only way it'll make a difference in LS Geo is if you have to use relic levels to make up for a mod deficiency.

Either way: just because I can complete the t7 box doesn't mean I don't need gear as well. Doing the rewards this way is a direct contradiction of CG's own stated principle of never rewarding a player for halting progression.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    5* R7 Malevolence with 6* Hyena takes down R8 Negotiator for my fleet arena. Anything you list I will have an answer for until the release of the new GLs (even then R8 and the new GLs may not drastically change the meta; we have to wait and see). Also noted, I have the opportunity to farm enough R8 mats as it is from the CRancor. I’m not upset that R8 mats are in the top crate, I think it is great that players are not forced to rely on their guild size to obtain Aeros (assuming 4M GP).

None of this changes that YOU should get the gear in addition to R8 mats from an objectively better reward crate when achieving top rewards. It enhances your rewards and drives more player engagement from the player base. This creates a win-win scenario for players and devs (more players will likely spend crystals in order to achieve these rewards as the love of the mode wears off in time).
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I really hope that the next GLs require R8 because I know for a fact people will fail to get them for a long time precisely because they are unable to not use materials as soon as they get them. Their decision to purposely aim for lower crates which provide more of the gear that is already farmable will only exacerbate their issues. Here's hoping.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    I believe you are right.

As someone who is very mindful of your relic levels, I am sure you can see that R8 mats are also quite farmable from a weekly raid and hoarding those materials will provide the jump for your next GL farm.

Subjectively, the T5 crate gets me my 2nd GL much faster (SLKR) who will then also help me further with my Aero farming. Until the next GLs are released, I have no need of the R8 mats so hoarding them only makes sense for the time being. I would guess you share that sentiment.

Wouldn’t it be nice for you to get the gear in addition to your R8 mats though? Why lose to gain in either case?
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    A T5 crate once a month that gets you an extra 15-30 mk4 carbs isn't doing you any good lol. Even if you get stun guns, so what? You can farm those much faster from a node plus shard shop plus GET store.

R8 mats and RC shards are potentially way more valuable. If they aren't needed for a new event, ok, but I guess that's the chance you're taking.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    Ok, so you prefer this rewards structure then? You like that you get less gear for earning a higher reward crate?

8 RC shards is not likely to be make or break (I am likely going T5 crate this month only as I am close to SLKR reqs completion). I don’t even have Beskar yet anyway. 10 Aeros is potentially made up in about one month as well assuming I climb from top 10 to top 5 in CRancor (quite possible in my guild). A one month hit in Conquest is subjectively worth it for allocation of crystals to other nodes and other gear I still need for the huge resource advantage I can earn with SLKR in Sith raid and CRancor compared with my current roster in my guild. This is all subjective for my 3 year roster and I don’t think it should be.

Again, I don’t find using a subjective rewards structure to be appropriate for this mode. The devs are just finding ways to take away when they give imo. The inclusion of mk4 guns, carbs etc points to this as well. The argument of “balancing” crumbles when the devs monetize gear as they do.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Ok, so you prefer this rewards structure then? You like that you get less gear for earning a higher reward crate?

8 RC shards is not likely to be make or break (I am likely going T5 crate this month only as I am close to SLKR reqs completion). I don’t even have Beskar yet anyway. 10 Aeros is potentially made up in about one month as well assuming I climb from top 10 to top 5 in CRancor (quite possible in my guild). A one month hit in Conquest is subjectively worth it for allocation of crystals to other nodes and other gear I still need for the huge resource advantage I can earn with SLKR in Sith raid and CRancor compared with my current roster in my guild. This is all subjective for my 3 year roster and I don’t think it should be.

Again, I don’t find using a subjective rewards structure to be appropriate for this mode. The devs are just finding ways to take away when they give imo. The inclusion of mk4 guns, carbs etc points to this as well. The argument of “balancing” crumbles when the devs monetize gear as they do.

I don't "like" it as much as I don't really care either way. And if it helps me get further ahead of those that prioritize the lower crates, then I will actually like it.

I'm looking at more players than just you btw. I'm looking at the ones in my shard specifically, and I know for a fact that most of them will be late to any new meta. Anything that pushes them back further time-wise is good for me.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    Fair and of course you aren’t just looking at players like me. I’m just looking at all players earning more through success in objectively better rewards in this mode. That’s really it.
  • Since my guildies are a long way from doing crancor I really hope they won’t require relic 8 for any new content before I can solo crancor for them (hah) but I’m hoping Razor Crest is needed when I get him to 7 stars in 6(!?) months.
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Just a quick question. We are in exhibition mode at the mo. Is there any risk that currency left over from previous Conquest might reset when we switch over to Live mode? I don't think it would, but I know they did a reset on GAC stats for example when that finished it's exhibition.
    Would prefer to hoard for next event for more RC shards, but happy spend it on other stuff if it's going to be reset.
  • They wouldn’t remove currency unless you got it by a huge glitch or an exploit.