Conquest prize crates and relic mats

13Next

Replies

• RTS wrote: »
    Recurve wrote: »
    It is the same as the gear going down, because apparently if you complete conquest you don't require gear?
    I really can't understand their logic of removing some of the rewards that you have earned in the progress of getting to the top crate just to say that they have been 'replaced with better'.

This of it this way - everything in the game has a back end "cost" (you can think of the cost in Crystals, it may help)

The prizes - for everything: raids, conquest, GCs, raids etc - have a cost value assigned to them. Then the cost is broken out into the individual parts.

So if they determine that T7 box has a prize equal to "5,000" then to put in better things some of the lower things will have to decrease - it's simple math.

Now you may ask why they need to have a fixe cost on the prizes, and - as someone pointed out already - the game exists to make a profit, the "squeeze" will always need to exist somewhere, or the game will stop existing.

Please show me this logic in other rewards in any game mode please. Prime example is the chest rewards in Galactic challenges.
  • My guild doesn't run challenge rancor so the relic 8 materials are much more worth it than a little bit of gear

lol wish I could say the same znwaw1qcjt3b.jpg
    But I got 2x more aeromagnifier then impulse, aeromagnifier should had remained cranky exclusive and only lurchasable with 1k conquest currency, while the impulse was the reward in the final box imo
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Hard to trust that screenshot but I need the aeros more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My guild doesn't run challenge rancor so the relic 8 materials are much more worth it than a little bit of gear

But I got 2x more aeromagnifier then impulse, aeromagnifier should had remained cranky exclusive and only lurchasable with 1k conquest currency, while the impulse was the reward in the final box imo
    You should use your resources better. It's really not that difficult to keep up with Impulse detectors without even touching any other store but shard shop and using normal energy only.
  • TVF wrote: »

Yeah it's also hard to trust a guy who defends CG like they are a hired lawyer or something
  • Kyno wrote: »
    just want to point this out, maybe it is their goal, maybe not, I'm not sure.

if you look at conquest as a whole over the long term, a player working through the rewards scheme will run through many early boxes helping to push them more even with older players, but also causing them to have less need for those components (much like older players did when relics first came out). This will in the end be a system that really does help push players to "catch up" and makes sense, beyond the obvious increase in value of components that can be seen (since this argument is dismissed so often).

Except you won't ever catch up because if you CHOSE to take the t5 gear box you are missing out on the extra stuff that comes form the higher boxes, and guess what, you can't farm that stuff so you will always be behind.

This is the nature of a game that goes on so long. I have been playing for 3 years now and I am still needing to farm old characters and gear, while keeping up with the new characters released. My energy is spent on getting shards and not farming gear. If I farm gear I get behind on character shards. People who have all the gear hoarded don't need to and thus get ahead even further because they can prioritise the things they need and only have to farm the new characters.

This is the same principle. No one is saying that the extra stuff given for PROGRESSING a reward box is not valuable. This has the same value to ALL players in the long run. Cutting short the other rewards that are valuable to most is detrimental to overall catch up.

You should use your resources better. It's really not that difficult to keep up with Impulse detectors without even touching any other store but shard shop and using normal energy only.

I manage my resources just fine, what I said was they should switch the aeromagnifier and the impulse detector.
    It should remain exclusive to cranky.

However I receive 10 to 15 aeromagnifier per week, from cranky, but I got other things to farm as well, so getting 184 prototype salvage per 2 weeks isn't exactly realistic now is it,
  • TVF wrote: »

Yeah it's also hard to trust a guy who defends CG like they are a hired lawyer or something

Says the guy with two forum names ;)
  • If that was their intention, they should have just given us a choice of crate at some point. One with more gear and the other with more Relic materials. Because how it is, I had to stop playing the event good few days before it was over as I felt if I keep playing and get "better" crate, I will loose on stuff I need. I could have maxed the hard mode, and Im still curious if I could have make it, but not with this kind of punishing system.

However I receive 10 to 15 aeromagnifier per week, from cranky, but I got other things to farm as well, so getting 184 prototype salvage per 2 weeks isn't exactly realistic now is it,
    You can get 25 Impulse detectors in 2 weeks, as realistic as it gets. Again, just shard shop and normal energy.