Signal data drop listed as 2 but get 1

Lewisuk57
24 posts Member
edited March 2021
This has been a bug for ages now. You get shard drops listed as 2 items when you get drop, and you get to shards. But in cantina battles signal data drops are listed as 2 when drop, but more often the drop is 1 item of signal data.
Has there been a fix for this yet or am I just late to the complaint
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Lewisuk57 wrote: »
    This has been a bug for ages now. You get shard drops ratted as 2 items when you get drop, and you get to shards. But in cantina battles signal data drops are listed as 2 when drop, but more often the drop is 1 item of signal data.
    Has there been a fix for this yet or am I just late to the complaint

No bug, each energy gets you a chance at it, you can get 0, 1, or 2.
    Fragment has had like a 30% chance of giving me 2, but I always get more of it then the attempts I make. I get like 10 to 13 per 8 attempt.

Incomplete has had like 15% chance of double drop for me, and usually I get 6 to 10 per 8 attempts.

Flawed is the worst one, I get like a 5% chance of soluble drop on it, I usually end up with 4 to 6 per 8 attempts
  • Lewisuk57
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    It shows i.e Rose tico as 2 per drop and when she does drop you get 2 and never 1.
    But in cantina battles it shows signal data also as 2 per drop when dropped, but you hardly ever get 2 when dropped only 1 item of signal data
  • Lewisuk57 wrote: »
    It shows i.e Rose tico as 2 per drop and when she does drop you get 2 and never 1.
    But in cantina battles it shows signal data also as 2 per drop when dropped, but you hardly ever get 2 when dropped only 1 item of signal data
    As described above, this is working as intended.

Shards for older toons like Rose will drop 2 or 0 every time because they changed the farming rate for characters >1yr in the game.

But signal data, mod slicing materials etc show the maximum possible drop - the range of possibilities goes from 0 up to that number.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Lewisuk57 wrote: »

Shards for older toons like Rose will drop 2 or 0 every time because they changed the farming rate for characters >1yr in the game.

But signal data, mod slicing materials etc show the maximum possible drop - the range of possibilities goes from 0 up to that number.

It's still misleading. Nowhere does it say that they are not showing all possible drops. It shows "2" so it's fair to expect 2.
    Also it's not consistent throughout the game. Fleet Challenges and Events show "2-4 Ability Material" for example.
  • th3evo wrote: »

It's still misleading. Nowhere does it say that they are not showing all possible drops. It shows "2" so it's fair to expect 2.
    Also it's not consistent throughout the game. Fleet Challenges and Events show "2-4 Ability Material" for example.

Can’t argue with that.
  • Inconsistent descriptions and communication is a calling card of this game overall. A lot of frustration and bad will in the player base would be avoided if CG would understand the importance and value of improving that area. And I don’t try to be disrespectful against CG, it’s very difficult to communicate in a pedagogic way especially if you let people describe things that are obvious to them, they tend to be omitting crucial info that they think is self explanatory but really require internal/previous knowledge of a proprietary system.
  • th3evo wrote: »

another example is the STR gear challenge shows 7 mk3 carbonties as a rewards, but that one almost never gives out 7. normally its 3-5 per battle.
    also the fleet challenge for zetas can also be considered misleading, t3 shows 1 zeta but really its only a chance, while t4 is 100% drop. thus anything that has a chance to drop less then whats shown (shards, challenges, relic mats, node gear, ect) is "misleading"
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »

another example is the STR gear challenge shows 7 mk3 carbonties as a rewards, but that one almost never gives out 7. normally its 3-5 per battle.
    also the fleet challenge for zetas can also be considered misleading, t3 shows 1 zeta but really its only a chance, while t4 is 100% drop. thus anything that has a chance to drop less then whats shown (shards, challenges, relic mats, node gear, ect) is "misleading"

That zeta parts is a lie.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • flux_rono wrote: »

Which zeta part?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

It's not a lie or even misleading. No idea what the chance is, but it literally says "Possible Rewards".
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.