Game Still Crashing 1 Month Later

Prev1
Hiker1
77 posts Member
edited March 28
This is ridiculous that we haven’t heard of any updates on this. People have been posting about this issue on the bug report page to no avail. Another TB and another crash mid battle. When is this going to be addressed CG?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Sewpot
    1608 posts Member
    I had 3 crashes today. None during play fortunately.
  • I had three today...one during GAC.
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    I had three today...one during GAC.

    God that must SUCK. Am I just lucky that I’ve never had a crash at an important time?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2271 posts Member
    I had three today as well, one during my fleet climb. I never used to get crashes, now it’s multiple times a day.
  • Had one in fleet GAC . Yay
  • Have you tried switching to mobile data for “important “ events - ie where a crash will affect scores? Works for me. All the issues seem to occur when wi fi is being used
  • So far I was lucky to not get the crashes at the wrong time. But this still has to be addressed. The game has become hugely unstable with the most recent update. Sometimes it becomes slow to respond and then shuts down, sometimes completely out of nowhere. Today I had an extremely long waiting time between wave 7 and 8 of the NS vs Sith event. Like 20 seconds or so. And this is not dependent on network connection, so that wouldn't justify it
  • Mine doesnt crash but causes other apps to crash that run in background. Pretty annoying.
  • Jefferx
    334 posts Member
    Same here, when I Had similar crash in other apps, I think this bug is not linked to swgoh app and may happen elsewhere. Since my playtime is 90% of time swgoh, then it’s normal we think it’s linked to the game. This bug started at the same time of a game update but may not be linked to it if another iOS update was at the same time....
  • MikKro
    248 posts Member
    It is. The app is draining all memory overtime and not clearing any. Other apps don't have enough to work
  • MikKro wrote: »
    It is. The app is draining all memory overtime and not clearing any. Other apps don't have enough to work

    This^^^
    It eats ram like crazy
  • MikKro
    248 posts Member
    Made a post about it last week and as expected it was quickly closed and sent to the dark forum corners.

    This is after 20ish minutes, the more you do the more it drains and doesn't stop

    jfyyfgbw5mzc.jpg
  • Yeah. This isnt cool. Doja and co need to address this ****
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Made a post about it last week and as expected it was quickly closed and sent to the dark forum corners.

    This is after 20ish minutes, the more you do the more it drains and doesn't stop

    jfyyfgbw5mzc.jpg

    Just realized its using a full gig of ram in your example....that's crazzzy
  • And it's not like I can submit a ticket as the game works, it just causes everything else to stop.
  • Antario
    283 posts Member
    Today, it crushed when I was doing GL Rey Ascension Tier 7.... lost 70 hard-farmed tickets because of it...it really suxx!
  • Antario wrote: »
    Today, it crushed when I was doing GL Rey Ascension Tier 7.... lost 70 hard-farmed tickets because of it...it really suxx!

    Ouch
  • If the crashes were causing players to get credits, extra shards, gear, or salvage CG would fix it in about a week.

    The worst part is, if you say, "hey the game crashed while I was doing this and I lost time/resources/battles" their response is "sorry that happened to you, we'll try to take care of it so it doesn't happen again. Please report it again if it happens!" In MSF if you say, "hey my game flickered while I was playing" they give you some sort of resources as compensation and fairly quickly too.

    If the game crashes and you lose GAC because of the crash, you should get rewards based on if you had won. If you lose tickets doing GL tiers because of it, you should at least get those tickets back to re-run the tier again. If the game crashes while you're in a raid and you post a zero, you should get rewards based on what position you were supposed to be in.
  • I think everyone just needs to start saying “my game is crashing constantly when I try to go into the store to buy that flashy new pack”. Hotfix will be out tomorrow.
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    I think everyone just needs to start saying “my game is crashing constantly when I try to go into the store to buy that flashy new pack”. Hotfix will be out tomorrow.

    I needed this laugh this morning; thank you :)
  • Is this happening on both iOS and Android?
  • I run android, newest galaxy. Cant speak for iOS.
  • I run iOS and the game never crashed on me.
  • @MikKro you?
  • @MikKro nm just looked again at your image grab and saw android
    (Sorry dont want to edit and anger ea spam ban)
  • ipad for me and it crashes multiple times a day since the conquest update. Trying to report yet another bug about it seems pointless as there is absolutely no consistency to it, it just crashes randomly pretty much any time.
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • I used a Galaxy Note 8 for two years to play this game and I used multiple accounts as well, switching between them at will with zero crashes. About 4 months ago I upgraded to a Galaxy S20+ 5g and ever since if I switch accounts I crash without fail. It always happens early in a battle and it has forced me to use multiple devices now to play the game

    And of course trying to submit tickets to EA help turns into wasting 20 minutes of my life because you type in all the info and then that site will kick you out erasing what you've done, so I hold out no hope for a fix anytime soon
  • MikKro
    248 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    @MikKro you?

    Android, no crashes here just high memory usage
  • @CG_Doja_Fett
    please address this. Please please please. I'm thankful I don't have to deal with the in-game crashing like others, but I'm irritated that I can't run anything in the background anymore (music, tunein, etc).
    Please tell us this at least being addressed/ acknowledged
Sign In or Register to comment.