Time discrepancy in arena

sonofwos
36 posts Member
edited March 2021
I’m in the uk so clocks went forward early this morning.

I am considering moving my payout hour and noticed that under time settings (where you change payout time) it shows arena payout at 14:00 (as it was before BST move) but the arena countdown ends at 15:00

Does anyone else have this? Is it normal?

s0ch2d2x555p.jpeg
nyjk2fx3n2my.png

I tried speaking to EA “support” about this but they were extremely dismissive and just said: wait and see

Replies

• I’m also in the UK and have a hard time following your complaint?

The Time Settings page always displays times in UTC (or GMT to you and other fellow Brits), so it will say 14:00 unless you change it, even if for the next 6 months your payout will be at 15:00.
  • It will be a great day when we finally abolish daylight savings time
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    It will be a great day when we finally abolish daylight savings time
    Apart from people who live in quite northerly locations. I’ve no desire to send my children to school in the dark in winter months.
  • sonofwos wrote: »
    That was my suspicion but I have friends also in the uk who’s two times match up, so it doesn’t seem correct?

This depends on when they started playing the game.

I think when anyone first plays the game, their squad arena payout is set at 6pm local time. I started 5 years ago, literally days after the clocks changed to BST (UTC+1). Friends of mine who started playing whilst GMT was in operation had their arena payout 1 hour later than me.
  • I live in canada, so I understand where you're coming from but I've also never heard of one shred of evidence that it's actually in any way beneficial. I'm glad my province finally has papered a proposal to ditch it.
  • You think this is confusing? Try applying any meaningful measure of time across a galaxy-wide Empire, what with General Relativity, FTL, irregular orbits... how does anyone knows enough to turn up to their meetings?
  • I don't know nothing about anything, but I feel like I would not post my player ID on here. Ally code sure, player ID no.