Ds geo thrawn fleet mission

Buzzzthrower666
108 posts Member
edited March 2021
Not really sure why cg doesn't allow you to use your own thrawn and cap ship, and to top it off what they give you to use is g12 no mods thrawn? Against negotiator? That is dumb, ls geo you get to use negotiator in every section but not allowed to use malevolence or finalizer in the first ds fleet zones? I took the time to build those ds fleets but cant use them to benefit the entire guild? That's not right to limit what capital ships we can use. If you're going to limit what we can use take hounds tooth out of the first ds fleet platoons, that way we might stand a chance against a negotiator fleet with a no mod g12 thrawn.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Rath_Tarr
    4684 posts Member
    If you are losing that battle it isn't because of the capital ship. It's your fighters, your tactics or both.
  • Legend91
    2196 posts Member
    1) HT + filler ships
    2) relic Vader + TIE Bomber
    3) Hyena + Silencer
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • UdalCuain
    4642 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If you are losing that battle it isn't because of the capital ship. It's your fighters, your tactics or both.

    This.

    We never use more than one reinforcement (the given Vulture) for the Chimaera mission. HT, Boba, Vader. Let HT tank and Chimaera blow everything up.

    Some others use alternatives. Tie Bomber is a good shout with Empire ships. We use Echo Station, so only the weakest HT are platooned.
  • My point isn't my strategy, my point is that I should be able to use any fleet at my disposal, being limited to a no mod g12 thrawn isn't ok at all especially when that doesn't happen in ls geo tb. Vader and tie bomber used in the tarkin mission, that is worth far more points than thraw. And my hounds tooth is always in platoons. I definitely do not have a lack of ships, I get that it was originally limited to those 2 fleets because there was no malevolence or finalizer, it needs to change.
  • Seems like a pretty minor issue. The Negotiator is not all that threatening in these missions.

    If you have Malevolence, then you should have plenty of ships to do the missions easily. Geos with Tarkin can handle a mission. Thrawn and HT can easily handle the other. As others have said, there are other fleets that also work, so if you have Finalizer you should also have options.

    Having the Malevolence or Finalizer available wouldn't change anything important.
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    My point isn't my strategy

    This is the problem though.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't have negotiator, malovence, or finalizer. I beat the executrix and chimera mission today. I drew negotiator on both.
  • Buzzzthrower666
    108 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    What part of my hounds tooth is in platoons is so hard to understand. The point of this post is that I want to use either my r7 modded thrawn or one of my other ds cap ships. I never ignored fleets as I find them fun and an easy sourse of free crystals. Ds geo is actually one of my favorite modes, I just want to be able to use my ds roster to it's full capability, wouldn't have had to make this thread if I was able to use everything at my disposal.
  • TVF wrote: »
    My point isn't my strategy

    This is the problem though.

    How is that his strategy that's problem? Dude has better fleet, wants to use them, but game says no, it's the devs fault for being lazy and not wanting to update the DS TB, they are simply too lazy to go back and remove vulture and thrawn as an event unit
  • 13jkelly
    104 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Vader is a primary target for the ai. Fives one shot him as soon as the round started. As soon as Vader is gone you might as well forfeit it to save you time. And mind you Vader was relic 7.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4684 posts Member
    I get that it was originally limited to those 2 fleets because there was no malevolence or finalizer, it needs to change.
    Do you have an official CG quote you can link to or is it merely your assumption?
  • Why would I need some link to cg. Malevolence and finalizer didnt exist at the start of ds geo tb. So with there only being 4 ds capital ships and 2 of them not existing that tells me that they chose to fix what capital ships you could use in what battle. Now that there are more options I would like to use them, as I have them available to use. Or atleast let us use our own chimera.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    What part of my hounds tooth is in platoons is so hard to understand.

    What part of:"there are other viable options" is so hard to understand?
    The point of this post is that I want to use either my r7 modded thrawn or one of my other ds cap ships.

    Well, you can't.

  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Why would I need some link to cg. Malevolence and finalizer didnt exist at the start of ds geo tb. So with there only being 4 ds capital ships and 2 of them not existing that tells me that they chose to fix what capital ships you could use in what battle. Now that there are more options I would like to use them, as I have them available to use. Or atleast let us use our own chimera.

    Originally, you couldn't use Malevolence in phases 3 and 4 either. They fixed that. However, they left phase 2 unchanged. That's a pretty good indication the current limitation is intended, wouldn't you say?
  • Kisakee
    1637 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Originally, you couldn't use Malevolence in phases 3 and 4 either. They fixed that. However, they left phase 2 unchanged. That's a pretty good indication the current limitation is intended, wouldn't you say?

    What part of:"that's what he dislikes and want to seen changed" is so hard to understand?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • How is that his strategy that's problem? Dude has better fleet, wants to use them, but game says no, it's the devs fault for being lazy and not wanting to update the DS TB, they are simply too lazy to go back and remove vulture and thrawn as an event unit[/quote]

    A lot of people are saying "lazy devs". Really not ever the case. It mostly sounds like your getting big mad for not being able to do what you want to do. The point of the game is to have fun and build your roster. Don't get mad, just work hard. If you always want the easy way out, it won't have as good as a reward as when you work for it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Originally, you couldn't use Malevolence in phases 3 and 4 either. They fixed that. However, they left phase 2 unchanged. That's a pretty good indication the current limitation is intended, wouldn't you say?

    What part of:"that's what he dislikes and want to seen changed" is so hard to understand?

    Apparently it's hard to understand for at least one reader that my comment was a response to this:
    Why would I need some link to cg. Malevolence and finalizer didnt exist at the start of ds geo tb. So with there only being 4 ds capital ships and 2 of them not existing that tells me that they chose to fix what capital ships you could use in what battle. Now that there are more options I would like to use them, as I have them available to use. Or atleast let us use our own chimera.

    Apparently not all readers understand the use of quotes.
  • Kisakee
    1637 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    [wallofquotes]
    Nice try.
    In the beginning of Geo TB this has been a help for people to do the mission and it does help lower guilds till today. Yet you can't use your own ships which nowadays is hindering people and regardless of what has been or not has been intended his fact still stands: He dislikes it and want it to change.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    There's plenty of TB battles in all versions of it where you are locked into specific comps. I don't see what the issue is for this one specific phase of ships. You can use your Mal in P3 and P4 now that they fixed it. P2 is locked to the cap ship they want you to use. It's fine.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kisakee
    1637 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    P2 is locked to the cap ship they want you to use. It's fine.
    It's not fine cause it's not your capital ship but a generic version that is worse.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    P2 is locked to the cap ship they want you to use. It's fine.
    It's not fine cause it's not your capital ship but a generic version that is worse.

    That part I agree with, it should be our ships.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    [wallofquotes]
    Nice try.
    In the beginning of Geo TB this has been a help for people to do the mission and it does help lower guilds till today. Yet you can't use your own ships which nowadays is hindering people and regardless of what has been or not has been intended his fact still stands: He dislikes it and want it to change.

    Whether he dislikes it or not is irrelevant to me. I'll leave that part of your discussion to OP and you.

    There is still an indication that the current design is intended.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Kisakee
    1637 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    There is still an indication that the current design is intended.
    Of course it is, otherwise it wouldn't have existed as it is for that long. Duh.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Whether he dislikes it or not is irrelevant to me.
    So why even participate in a thread that is meant to express discord?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    There is still an indication that the current design is intended.
    Of course it is, otherwise it wouldn't have existed as it is for that long. Duh.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Whether he dislikes it or not is irrelevant to me.
    So why even participate in a thread that is meant to express discord?

    Context matters. Check what I responded to originally. You're the only one of us two discussing whether OP likes it or not. I'll leave that discussion to you and OP.
Sign In or Register to comment.