Game time change

So... I changed my game time last time change in the USA. Then I moved to another country and changed time a few months ago, now daylight time changed again and EA won’t let me change to my standard time resets of 1200, 1800, 2100.
This is the same time that I have played the game for years.

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Ok? You can do it 2x per year.
  • Time change, move to another country, and their time change doesn’t work.....

Daylight savings time shouldn’t count as one of the two changes
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Daylight savings is basically the reason we have it so we can change it 2x per year. It’s pretty much the only thing that does count when it comes to time changes
  • Well if you move time zones during the year that’s a change too.

Other Disney/EA games automatically update daylight savings time.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Well if you move time zones during the year that’s a change too.

Other Disney/EA games automatically update daylight savings time.

This isn't other Disney/EA games. This one works on a 24 hour clock. The ability to change your times was added very specifically for local clock changes. You get 2 per year because that's how time changes work everywhere.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    There are circumstances outlined by OP where having 3-4 available time changes in a year would be extremely helpful. Many don’t adjust times for DST, but for those that do and then move from PST to EST would require another change in order for the multiple timing events in a given day to fit ones schedule.

Like many, I believe this should still be a limited number of time changes available, but 2 changes only covers normal activities for those who never move time zones. 3-4 instead of 2 would be reasonable imo.
  • Just because some people still live in the same house and location all your life, 2x are plenty.
    Other people in the world move time zones and then there is another time change needed.
  • So... I changed my game time last time change in the USA. Then I moved to another country and changed time a few months ago, now daylight time changed again and EA won’t let me change to my standard time resets of 1200, 1800, 2100.
    This is the same time that I have played the game for years.

I also changed it for Daylight savings this year and accidentally messed it up, then before I changed it back, the clock was adjusted. I did make a post on this the day after Daylight savings, and they adjusted the clock after that. So maybe they listened? I think they should give us 1 more shot at changing it because of their error.
  • Wow, you are lucky, i tried to change my reset time in the game, That didnt work (like a bug keep the old hour), i lost 1 try, and the support was not able to fix it (they counldnt give my another try, and either change my rest time), so if i miss my next try i'll wait 365 days to change it again :(
  • All I did was change my time on daylight savings time twice in the last few months and move 8 time zones and I can’t play the game in my local time zone.
    What a way to treat players who have played the game for several years.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    All I did was change my time on daylight savings time twice in the last few months and move 8 time zones and I can’t play the game in my local time zone.
    What a way to treat players who have played the game for several years.

Kind of a weird take on the situation. You could just travel back in time a few years when you could change your time zero times? Or you could try support, they are able to make the change as well.
  • Support can’t help they say wait 230 days until one of my reset expires.

Basically moving and changing twice for daylight savings time is not allowed.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Support can’t help they say wait 230 days until one of my reset expires.

Basically moving and changing twice for daylight savings time is not allowed.

Support can get around it. EA Support is notoriously bad, but if you keep trying it might work.

Otherwise, you're right. It was designed specifically for timezone changes due to Daylight Savings, which is why they picked twice a year. I would bet that in over 99% of instances, that is enough, which is why they are unlikely to change. It is unfortunate for you, but short of continuing to try with support you really have no other option but to deal with it.
  • You’re right the support can’t do anything
  • RTS wrote: »
    Ok? You can do it 2x per year.

My account has same issue. It seems like when the daylight savings had changed. It messed with my time reset for game play. I have it set for 12pm and it resets at game default time.