edited March 2021

1qvg6yyk1o1m.jpeg

Post edited by Anakins_Master on
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    8hblzarzwjbv.jpeg
  • Those are a few screenshots from my game.
  • Zumwan
    353 posts Member
    Just one question, how did you get your Vader to relic 5 in just 5 months without spending money?
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    @Zumwan I just got it, I was very focused on vader, also @KhanGoldShord what gear for Chewbacca event and what bounty hunters to farm, same question for C-3P0, and what gear for CLS event, I almost have the requirements for it?
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    wk1djbryb7i0.jpeg
    346kgpd8fchf.jpeg
    76llvb1y0ixr.jpeg

Thrawn event, I passed!!!!!
  • 4l7efig4wi9r.jpeg
    4dlq5iph0vjm.jpeg
    wytbmynzsqca.jpeg
    w2lgvqn7o4bg.jpeg
    7qmm3bvu8daf.jpeg

My Phoenix Mods for Thrawn event

You need to get a better grasp of how mods work.

Only Hera is getting any benefit from speed mods, as she’s the only one with 4 speed mods equipped. Also, showing us the mod type is of limited use, we’d need to see the stats on each one.

• Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    My current GAC

My Defense

maomjx1efh7o.jpeg
    shlowx5n140t.jpeg
    bjvp7vbbdbpa.jpeg
    73ltt7yokeu8.jpeg

My opponents defense

p6anjbfmb2tq.jpeg
    61ips14uklpi.jpeg
    7qs6fa33c8uv.jpeg
    z5xkekjv30bv.jpeg

What teams should I use up against these teams?

I'll use palp with thrawn and Shaak ti for speed up against first order - I got 51 banners

I'll use aurra lead, mando, greed vs. Phoenix - I got 30 banners

I'll use tarkin, vader, kru, FOTF, ghost, phantom, and Slave I against Home One - I got 54 banners

I'll use vader solo against Bastila Shan, Yoda, and Ahsoka - I got 56 banners

I'll use Storm Han, Kuill, IG-11 against Imperial Troopers - I got 53 banners

Final Score - 1297

• @DarjeloSalas Ezra had high crit chance and crit damage, kanan had high health, zeb had high potency to land the stuns on thrawn, hera has high speed and potency, chopper has high speed and protection.
  • @Anakins_Master you don’t need to keep posting screenshots. Since we have your swgoh.gg we can see what you have, including mods.
  • @DarjeloSalas Ezra had high crit chance and crit damage, kanan had high health, zeb had high potency to land the stuns on thrawn, hera has high speed and potency, chopper has high speed and protection.
    I meant in general.

You’ve got 12 6 dot mods, all on Vader and GMY, but your modding on both is all over the place.

Your Vader has 3 speed, 1 crit damage and 2 health mods, so he’s not getting any set bonuses from the speed or crit damage mods. Your arrow mod has health primary, triangle mod has defence primary and cross mod has tenacity primary. These are not suitable mods for Vader.

Your GMY does at least have 4 speed mods, but the primary on his triangle (health) and cross (potency) are again a missed opportunity to up his damage output.

Arrow mods should, in general, be speed primary but you’ve got far too many equipped with much less useful primary stats.

I’m not trying to be demeaning - I just think the biggest thing you could do right now to develop your whole roster is learn how modding works.
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    @Salatious_Scrum Oh yeah, I forgot, I won't send screenshots, although can you see my GAC? And also should I buy a bunch of bronzium packs with 65K or should I spend it on omegas on shipments?
  • Your mods are one of the biggest current issues. Before trying to go full tilt on Revans or other legendaries after Thrawn, you’ll need to work on new mods.

As for GAC we can only see previous gac encounters. This is the squad I used to get Thrawn >> https://swgoh.gg/squads/208486/ <<

Good mods make all the difference
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I got 7 star Thrawn, look up at screenshots, swgoh.gg has not updated yet. And yeah, I will work on my mods
  • Then just focus on building up solid mods for your key characters (Not Phoenix). After that I’d probably go for JKR or Separatists and GR teams
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    K, so I will start farming old republic, And in my GAC my hux, fost, fotp held on defense so I won 1,297 to 1,064, should I get DR after JKR and should I get Mission or T3 first? Also, I can do JKR tier 4 once I get 18 more shards for Jolee and I will get 10 from the GC. Also, my Zaalbar is 35/85, Mission is 7/85, and T3 is 35/85 and bastila is at 7 star
  • Farming characters to 7 stars is always something you can do on the side. But again, mods mods mods. Someone with a lower gear characters with superior modding has a pretty good chance at beating you.
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I buy mod energy three times per day and I have good mods, I just do not know where to place them on characters, I'm going to watch youtube videos about modding also, also what mods should vader have?
  • Vader has a lot of ways to mod him, but the consensus is that he needs to be fast and hit hard. Take a look at this and you’ll see how top players mod Vader. https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-vader/data/mods?filter_type=rank_10

You can do the same with all the other characters in swgoh.
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Oh, this is a very useful tool, good thing I know about it now, thanks! Also, what should I farm on shipments @Salatious_Scrum? Off guild store I'll get old ben and luke farmboy for CLS and I'll work to JKR on the hard nodes. Also, what should I do with my ally points? Should I spend them on omegas on shipments or should I buy bronzium packs? Also, my guild has 28 stars so far in hoth TB. Also, just got 6 star BB-8!
  • The most dangerous thing to do early game is spread your resources too thinly. Focus on one team at a time, or even one character at a time.
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    So, ClS first or JKR? If JKR, after JKR do I do DR and Darth Malak?
  • @Anakins_Master

We can help you more if YOU pick the goals and we help you get there. There are a lot of different players here that prefer different strategies. We all have reasons for those strategies and none of them are bad, but they are different and if you bounce back and forth between different strategies you won't get the benefits of any of them.

We can tell you how to efficiently get to a goal, and we can even recommend goals, but our ability to recommend goals goes way down the farther you are in the game. At level 30 there are only so many good moves. At level 85 with relic Vader? There are a lot of ways you can go from there. Some people seem to be steering your toward getting a strong Rebel fleet. That's a great idea, but if you have a fantastic Vader, getting a strong Thrawn & TIE Bomber takes vastly less work. You can finish the project much more quickly and start moving up the Fleet Arena ranks earlier.

At the end of the day, the game is supposed to be fun. Gaining power is part of that, but for most people it matters which characters you're farming, which teams you're farming. If someone gives you a well-planned path to gain power, but you find those characters boring (or worse, annoying) and it causes you to lose interest in the game, well then it was a poorly planned path after all.

So what do you like about the game? What do you want to be able to do? Are you exceited by getting Ki Adi Mundi? Well then you should start now on clones and Shaak Ti. Are you excited by Jedi Revan? There are other things you should be doing.

So work with us. Tell us what characters you want most, which ones really excite you, and we can tell you which methods will get you those characters fastest. OR tell us what parts of the game you find most fun and we can tell you what characters to get to do well in that game activity.

I think this is part of why people are focussed on your mods: they certainly need help, but also you need to remod your toons no matter which toons you're excited by and no matter what game mode you want to play. It's a general improvement rather than a specific plan.

Many people here would love to help you with that specific plan, but we can't play the game for you, so we have to have you pick some goals first. Then we can help you get there.

So what would you like the goals to be? Specific characters you want? Or specific parts of the game you want to excel at?

What seems most fun to you?
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    My goals are JKR, CLS, SLKR, Empire Fleet, Negotiator Fleet, DR, Relic 8 Darth Vader, Darth Malak, Wat, and KAM. I'll go one at a time so I'll go after JKR and/or DR and/or Darth Malak and/or CLS
  • We can help you more if YOU pick the goals and we help you get there. There are a lot of different players here that prefer different strategies. We all have reasons for those strategies and none of them are bad, but they are different and if you bounce back and forth between different strategies you won't get the benefits of any of them.
    We can tell you how to efficiently get to a goal, and we can even recommend goals, but our ability to recommend goals goes way down the farther you are in the game. At level 30 there are only so many good moves. At level 85 with relic Vader? There are a lot of ways you can go from there. Some people seem to be steering your toward getting a strong Rebel fleet. That's a great idea, but if you have a fantastic Vader, getting a strong Thrawn & TIE Bomber takes vastly less work. You can finish the project much more quickly and start moving up the Fleet Arena ranks earlier.
    So what do you like about the game? What do you want to be able to do? Are you excited by getting Ki Adi Mundi? Well then you should start now on clones and Shaak Ti. Are you excited by Jedi Revan? There are other things you should be doing.
    So work with us. Tell us what characters you want most, which ones really excite you, and we can tell you which methods will get you those characters fastest. OR tell us what parts of the game you find most fun and we can tell you what characters to get to do well in that game activity.
    So what would you like the goals to be? Specific characters you want? Or specific parts of the game you want to excel at?
    What seems most fun to you?

@MasterSeedy: I fully agree with this response, as I believe the only person that can choose where to go is the one controlling the device, in this case, that would be @Anakins_Master.
    I really like Revan in Star Wars, I also like luke a lot, same with vader and kylo so I think JKR, DR, CLS, and SLKR are my goals, also I really like mando so I want to get a good bounty hunter team, I also like stormtroopers and death troopers a lot so also Imperial Troopers are my goal. Also, I really like kenobi and thrawn so I am farming Negotiator and maybe my empire fleet.

@Anakins_Master: I do appreciate you giving us goals, it makes our job in advising you much easier. I'm going to let @MasterSeedy go first in terms of giving advice, as I believe his advice is more valuable. I do like your goals, though. From the looks of your SWGOH.GG, you're F2P, and while that may make getting Journey characters a bit harder, your current goals still look achievable in the near future.
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    3hw7b2et4lpt.jpeg
    4etrialpqdcs.jpeg
    ou8q45s2gk20.jpeg
    yoho1h4r896g.jpeg
    fcj5g6vrgdsl.jpeg

My Old Republic for JKR, is it good for the event except 7 star? @MasterSeedy @BlackWidowMovie0 @KhanGoldShord @Salatious_Scrum. I sent screenshots since swgoh.gg has not updated for 3 days. Also, I decided to go for JKR and after JKR I'll get CLS and/or DR
  • For Phoenix, the only 2 that I have above G8 are the 2 Jedi & only Ezra was over 8 when I did 7* Thrawn.

It was Ezra 10 & the rest like 8+2-4 pieces.

Take all abilities to 7.

Take Uniques to Omega.

Also Omega the basics for Zeb & Ezra.

Other than that your actually further w/ them than I was in a lot of ways.

As for who to go after, there really isn't a Legendary character in the game that you DON'T want.
    All of the event characters are useful.

I would focus on those that you have closest to getting as well as those that require less gear.

For my order, 2 years ago, it was something like......... Palpatine, Yoda, Thrawn, BB8, R2, Revan, CLS, Chewie, Drevan, 3PO, Rey-JT..... all in the first year.

Year 2 was basically Malak & LOTS of gearing all the above up to actual useful levels.

This weekend is my 2-year anniversary and I'm ready for GAS except for Negotiator, need a couple months of Get-2 coins still to finish it.

Finally, a guild, if you have GEO's ready for Wat Shards & several DS G12+ teams, shoot for a guild doing DS-Geo & LS-Hoth. (That is what mine is doing)

If you can't actually help out with the GEOs & lack gear for at least 4 full DS teams, then go with DS/LS both on Hoth.
    The GET-1 will be useful to bank for Malak, GAS, Hoda, & Wampa, as well as STUNGUNS.
  • First, I already have 7 star thrawn, swgoh.gg has not updated yet. Also, my guild always gets only 2 Wat shards, they usually just rotate TBs, we average 32 DS Hoth Stars, 10 DS Geo stars, 35 LS Hoth Stars, and 5 LS Geo stars.
This discussion has been closed.