still worth to buy heroine bundle for barris?

I'm noob started 3 days ago.
still worth to buy barris in heroine bundle?

Replies

• Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I bought the pack and seldom use any of the included chars. After Barriss nerf, I never use her. My heroines are not in the pack (Old Daka, Luminara, Talia and -if I keep playing- Phasma).

The pack makes more sense if you are after Assajj and Askosha. I never cared much for them, and never use them. I wanted Barriss only. But those other two have been buffed.
  • Options
    yes you should get the heroine bundle. it is real good.
  • Options
    If you care about Assajj and Ahkosha yes. But if like many other tour goal is Barriss (main charcter there) then think twice. In my teams I sometimes used Barriss. I don't use any of the included Heroines. My Heroines are nit in the pack: Old Daka and Talia, and pretty soon Phasma.

Thanks for replying ^^.
  • Options
    No, definitely NO to the barrisgate pack. Buy the droid pack if you need some chars ...
  • Options
    I have her paired with Luminara which i think both complement each other well
  • Options
    The bundle still has Ahsoka who is in my main team and Barriss is still incredible in the GW (level her basic) so it is far from a waste just don't go in it expecting a super strong Barriss. Also remember that most of these heroes won't shine without some work. Barriss can help you in GW which will help you level Luminara who is in a big chunk of the best squads. Think of the bundle as a means to an end and not the end.
  • Options
    Barriss is still great for GW, not really worth it from a pvp perspective but pve wise she is still good and along with the other characters that just got buffed from that pack it's still a decent purchase.
  • Options
    I agree with moddom. PVP wise...all the top teams are still using her...whats the problem now.
  • Options
    Redan wrote: »
    No, definitely NO to the barrisgate pack. Buy the droid pack if you need some chars ...

LMAO @ Barissgate!

Where are these packs available at?
  • Options
    @Loce: Barrisgate@50EUR and Droid Pack@25EUR
  • Options
    Are you able to spare $50?

A lot of people passed on the Mace Windu pack.
    A lot of people initially passed on the Droid pack (although now, there are those who would advise to buy it)

A lot of people went ahead and bought the Barriss pack. However, recently, Barriss got nerfed and those who bought the pack were refunded 500 crystals. I'm not sure if this would factor into your decision making, but it's the most recent development.

Would I buy it again? Yes, I would. However, I may not fully Gear her to Gear 7. I would keep her at Gear 6 and around level 50 to conserve my gear items and Credits.

But for $50, I think it's fair. Not a great deal, not a terrible rip off. But fair. Previously, it was great. Now, it's not as great.

Good luck with your decision, but more deals can appear, so no rush in spending cash.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Terrible deal and I own it and the char are under powered

Ventress debuff heal is broken does not remove from all only taunt

Ashoka heal does not work on crit as intended

All this is in the char sections on forum

Also take savage oppress challenge if your team is all at 1% bariss equallizes nothing and heals basically 10% of nothing

Working as intended? You tell me

All 3 are flawed and a 3star Poe has more power and function

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    If you're brand-new, that pack will grant you a second healer faster than any other method. Barris is only bad compared to her pre-nerf self. If you only knew her in the current form, you'd call her a passable second healer. She can't full-heal your entire team in one go anymore, but her heal still bypasses healing immunity and the passive healing she can do from her leadership ability and her basic attack healing proc should not be overlooked. With Barris and the Consular you should be all set until you level up to the 30s or 40s, and maybe beyond.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have her maxed and 1 in 6 on proc heal on hit, and her damage is insanely low and they heal proc for 358 health yea game breaking heal...... Oh wait no it's not

In her current form she does one thing have a lot of hp that you hope the AI targets enough for your other 4 members to out damage the AI targeting

The JC and lumina are the better 1/2 healers and easy to aquire

Stop propagating the lie that new bariss is viable, worthless no , useful compared to a 5* JC nope
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    I have her maxed and 1 in 6 on prof for 358 health yea game breaking heal...... Oh wait no it's not

In her current form she does one thing have a lot of hp that you hope the AI targets enough for your other 4 members to out damage the AI targeting

Her leadership ability grants a % of each ally's health every time they activate. This passive heal is hard to notice, but over the course of a three-stage battle it provides a LOT of utility. The attack-based heal is just a nice bonus when it does decide to activate, and as you said, her HP pool will keep her alive long enough that it'll probably proc at least once per fight.

She's not a game-breaking healer, no, but she's no slouch. People just feel disappointed by what she brings to the table now when compared to what she did before.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Terrible deal and I own it and the char are under powered

Ventress debuff heal is broken does not remove from all only taunt

Ashoka heal does not work on crit as intended

All this is in the char sections on forum

Also take savage oppress challenge if your team is all at 1% bariss equallizes nothing and heals basically 10% of nothing

Working as intended? You tell me

All 3 are flawed and a 3star Poe has more power and function

Ventress only dispels one positive effect from each oponent until you upgrade her special with ability mats, then it goes to two and maybe more with further mats.
    I'm noob started 3 days ago.
    still worth to buy barris in heroine bundle?

I'd say yes but I don't know your situation, if it's an either or thing between the Heroine pack and the Droid or Jedi packs I'd say it depends on what you already have.

Ahsoka (along with other) is helping me through LS PvE level 5 and 6 battles, Ventress is on my PvP squad , she just got a buff and hits like a tank plus has some self heal capabilities and a limited enemy buff cleanse, Bariss is still being used on a lot of PvP teams (not mine) but I think her real value comes in later in GW and LS PvE.

Droid pack is also good, HK-47 is a tank and worth adding ability mats too since he's great against Jedi, IG-86 is a crit killer and IG-88 has a great AoE with ability block. These droids have great synergy with Lobot or Poggle as leader.

The Jedi pack is useful, Mace Windu is under powered but has a great enemy buff cleanse that's awesome against taunts and in other situations, you get a bunch of shards for JC ( he's still on my PvP team) and I forget what else came in it, Jedi guardian or something which I haven't fully leveled up but (if it was her) I'm finding her useful in top tier ability mats challenges for tanks only.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Barris's heal doesn't bypass immunity and never has in the past. She equalizes the group health, which is not the same as a heal. Then she heals. If the toon is immune to healing, then it is not healed, but immune to healing has nothing to do with immune to equalizing.
  • Options
    Not worth it. Wish I could have my $50 back and spend those on crystals. Just get Luminara and level up Consular. They are both super easy to level and star up and now are way better healers than Barris.

I will concede Barris is still good for Galaxy wars with her passive heals, but that's all. Endgame revolves around arena and there I would not use her any longer since the nerf
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jabber go read ea-Jesse post in char forum section and see the post on all I said , I have ventress upgraded and no it's not working and no it does not remove offense or defense up buffs so please don't post if you don't know facts please

This is not subjective it's a known bug
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Also Ashoka heal is a known bug
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Barriss isn't just "good" for GW. She is *the* best leader in GW.
    I just finished my daily GW run (19 of 20 completions; in the failure I hit auto-play by mistake). In one fight, near the end, a bunch of my guys were down a fair bit so I rotated in my JC for a heal to save the one on Lumi. I didn't need it, because three times in a row Barriss's regular attack proc'ed and healed almost everyone up to full. This doesn't always happen, but it does have a 30% chance. In combination with her passive, she's a game-changer.
    Barriss's regular heal is now specialized and should be used only under particular circumstances. I think I'm going to write up a short guide to using her now. People don't understand how to exploit her strengths and avoid her weaknesses.
    Asajj Ventress has been in my starting five for a long time. Even with her cleanse bug she is a powerful character -- if you know how to use her. People who think she stinks don't use her correctly. I've gotten four AoEs out of her in a single fight. And I haven't even gotten her above 4* yet.
    So is it worth $50? Your call.
    Ahsoka I have left behind. She is good, but not as good as alternatives IMO. Still useful in light side missions.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Jabber go read ea-Jesse post in char forum section and see the post on all I said , I have ventress upgraded and no it's not working and no it does not remove offense or defense up buffs so please don't post if you don't know facts please

This is not subjective it's a known bug

No it doesn't remove those particular buffs, I know about the bug, it'll be fixed soon, you weren't specific and your beef seemed to be numerical.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    jab it's not personal its that people acting like no other chars I the pact have issues is wrong and I keep seeing people only focus on barris well the fact that those other 2 chars were bugged and in the pack is also a problem and that they still do t function properly as of today is a problem
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Asajj Ventress has been in my starting five for a long time. Even with her cleanse bug she is a powerful character -- if you know how to use her. People who think she stinks don't use her correctly. I've gotten four AoEs out of her in a single fight. And I haven't even gotten her above 4* yet.

I agree, I have her 5*, level 7+ gear (level 8 is higher than current game cap) and she kicks *** even though ability mats are only level 3-4.
  • Niminion
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would buy it again. Gave me a good head start, all 4 are useful and still take part in GW each day.