Please fix GAC Div 1 matchmaking

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    What CG intends is irrelevant to me, I'm going to play the way that gives me the best chance for success.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Cool, but that's irrelevant to my point. I'm going to do the same thing. Do you TVF.
  • And if hoarding is what CG intended, they should have provided some sort of gear checklist in-game.
    Do you really need a gear checklist for relics?
    If you are at the point of unlocking a GL, it's usually not the g12-r0 characters that are screwing up the matchmaking, but the unnecessary relic bloat. Just hold on r5s like Phasma, FOST, Rose, etc. until you are ready to unlock.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Cool, but that's irrelevant to my point. I'm going to do the same thing. Do you TVF.

I'm not the one complaining about matchmaking.
  • BadunkAdunk
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    And if hoarding is what CG intended, they should have provided some sort of gear checklist in-game.
    If you are at the point of unlocking a GL, it's usually not the g12-r0 characters that are screwing up the matchmaking, but the unnecessary relic bloat. Just hold on r5s like Phasma, FOST, Rose, etc. until you are ready to unlock.

Did that. I screwed up by unlocking SLKR at G10. Should have waited a bit longer. Won't do that again. It's all good now, but my overall point is if we have to hoard using an outside website to succeed, something is wrong with matchmaking.

And no, a checklist for relics would be unnecessary. A checklist for gear needed would suffice.
    TVF wrote: »
    Cool, but that's irrelevant to my point. I'm going to do the same thing. Do you TVF.

I'm not the one complaining about matchmaking.

Cool bud. Also irrelevant.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    And if hoarding is what CG intended, they should have provided some sort of gear checklist in-game.

Did that. I screwed up by unlocking SLKR at G10. Should have waited a bit longer. Won't do that again. It's all good now, but my overall point is if we have to hoard using an outside website to succeed, something is wrong with matchmaking.

We use "outside websites" for a lot of things. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with the game modes we use them for.
  • BadunkAdunk
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Sure we do. I can't think of another example where they're essential though. You can learn counters through practice. You can look at a kit and see what kind of mods are applicable. You can't foretell the future of what gear parts you're going to need.

Have we argued this exhaustively enough yet?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Sure we do. I can't think of another example where they're essential though.

I believe you. However, I can:

GAC history isn't available in-game.
    You can't scout your TW opponent in-game before setting defenses.
    I'd rather not have to plan which squadrons/platoons to fill in TB and which ones to skip without any "outside website".

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with TB, TW or GAC.
  • BadunkAdunk
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    None of those are essential. You don't need to see your own GAC history, and you don't need to scout your opponent to win if you plan right. You're not losing out on major rewards by whiffing a TW, but yeah you might gain a slight edge by scoping out the guild, if enough people are even registered with .gg. You can plainly check out every roster in your guild if you really are having trouble filling platoons, but my guild is not and I haven't used that platoon bot in ages.

.gg has always been a nice tool but unlike now it was never necessary. I don't think any of those things are essential but if you want to fine, feel free. It's down to a battle of semantics now and it's really getting boring.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You're allowed to give up.
  • TVF wrote: »
    You're allowed to give up.

You've finally said something relevant.
  • Not sure how a "CG, fix your matchmaking" thread turned into a "We need a way to manage hoarding cuz your matchmaking sucks" thread, but of all the things I would like CG to add to the game, investing the resources in figuring out how to manage gear hoarding on a six inch screen so people don't mess up their own matchmaking is not one of them.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • BadunkAdunk
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Agreed, I don't think an in-game checklist is the answer. I think the algorithm is flawed in the first place, thus hoarding becomes a necessity. We reached that point through discussion. I don't think this is what they meant to happen. That's it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    None of those are essential. You don't need to see your own GAC history, and you don't need to scout your opponent to win if you plan right. You're not losing out on major rewards by whiffing a TW, but yeah you might gain a slight edge by scoping out the guild, if enough people are even registered with .gg. You can plainly check out every roster in your guild if you really are having trouble filling platoons, but my guild is not and I haven't used that platoon bot in ages. .gg has always been a nice tool but unlike now it was never necessary. I don't think any of those things are essential but if you want to fine, feel free. It's down to a battle of semantics now and it's really getting boring.

My examples are not any less essential than your single one. They are examples of information that either isn't available at all in-game or not easily accessible in-game.

You don't need swgoh.gg to hoard gear for a single character. It's not necessary. Yes, it helps but you can manage without it.

Your guild may not have trouble filling all platoons but there are some that do.

Still:
    None of this means that there's anything wrong with TW, TB, GAC or matchmaking.
  • If you don't use swgoh.gg to hoard you're flying blind. I can't think of anything more inefficient, and good luck wasting all those resources.

As explained, those tools are nice but I do not believe they are necessary to complete the objective they are designed for. You believe differently, clearly, and I'm sure you'll tell me some more about it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    If you don't use swgoh.gg to hoard you're flying blind. I can't think of anything more inefficient, and good luck wasting all those resources.

Lol what???

I don't use gg to hoard, I use my own spreadsheet, and several people here can confirm I don't waste a single resource.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    If you don't use swgoh.gg to hoard you're flying blind. I can't think of anything more inefficient, and good luck wasting all those resources.

Lol what???

I don't use gg to hoard, I use my own spreadsheet, and several people here can confirm I don't waste a single resource.

I beg to differ. You are currently wasting your time which to me is a precious resource.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Lol what???

I beg to differ. You are currently wasting your time which to me is a precious resource.

gg has no idea what gear i have hoarded

But I'm flattered that my time means so much to you.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

Lol what???

I was not implying that your time managing your game resources the way you want was wasted, I do the same. I was pointing out that your effort arguing this point with people who are clearly not going to change their mind was perhaps a waste of your time.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Lol what???

I was not implying that your time managing your game resources the way you want was wasted, I do the same. I was pointing out that your effort arguing this point with people who are clearly not going to change their mind was perhaps a waste of your time.

I'd rather do this than put away laundry.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

Lol what???

I'm curious how you'd know exactly which gear pieces are needed for every character without using an outside resource. Not specifically .gg.

Otherwise I can confirm the above.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    If you don't use swgoh.gg to hoard you're flying blind.

You could say exactly the same about checking your opponent's GAC history and your TW opponents before setting defenses and about checking your guild's inventory of rare characters before filling platoons and squadrons in TB. If you don't use swgoh.gg, a bot or something similar you're flying blind. In all cases some players do fine without using these "outside websites" while others use them extensively.

Still:
    Waqui wrote: »
    None of this means that there's anything wrong with TW, TB, GAC or matchmaking.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • BadunkAdunk
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    We've been over all of those points already. I'm not going to argue them twice.