Mace Windu Rework

Xcien
198 posts Member
edited April 8
Here is the rework for Mace Windu:
Unit Name: Mace Windu
Tags: Light Side, Tank, Leader, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Fleet Commander
Basic: Vaapad (Omega):
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Mace is above 50% health, this attack deals 50% more damage. If Mace is below 50% health, he inflicts Expose for 2 turns and recovers Health equal to 70% of the damage dealt.
Special: Invincible Assault (Cooldown 3) (Omega):
Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects. If they had none, or the buffs are undispellable, deal damage equal to 10% of their Max Health.
Special: Smite (Cooldown 5) (Omega):
Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 50% chance to increase their cooldowns by 1. This attack can't be countered or evaded.

Leader: Jedi Grand Master (Zeta):
Jedi allies gain 30% Offense and 10% Critical Chance. Whenever a Jedi ally falls under 40% Health, all Jedi allies have 50% Counter Chance and 20% Defense Penetration.

Unique: Shatterpoint (Zeta):
At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 50% chance, increased to 70% if all allies are Jedi, to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. This effect can't be resisted. In addition, Mace gains 25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.
Unique: Jedi Council Member (Zeta):
Mace Windu has 50% Counter Chance, 30% Potency, and 20% Defense Penetration. Mace can ignore Taunt, Stealth, and Foresight to attack Exposed targets.
"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
Post edited by Xcien on

Replies

  • Xcien
    198 posts Member
    Any feedback?
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
  • Good, balanced like mine
  • Xcien
    198 posts Member
    Thanks. I decided that Mace needed some kind of synergy with Grand Master Yoda, since they were both Grand Masters and Jedi Council Members.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Thanks. I decided that Mace needed some kind of synergy with Grand Master Yoda, since they were both Grand Masters and Jedi Council Members.

    That's actually wrong. Mace was never the Grand Master. That position has been filled by Yoda for a long time. Cant exactly blame you for that mistake, as I myself made it in the past as well (believe my very first post on this form are reworks of Mace and Yoda, based on this mistake. Thou this was before Yoda go his actual rework in the game. So it's very old).
    As for the kit itself. It's not that good to be honest. It still contains almost all the same problems as the one we currently have in game. Especially Shatterpoint. Cause Stealth and Taunt are still going to make that Expose extremely hard to hit, since it is random on who it appears and he has no way of targeting it. The expose on his basic is also not likely to be triggered by him, as he places it, and the First special still isn't that good since it still doesn't do very much and undispellale buffs exist. Overall his basic and first special have hardly changed at all. The new second special is ok, but because it can be evaded and countered, it's not that good to be honest. Or at least not 5 turn cooldown worthy.
    The leadership is what bothers me the most thou. As mace, even at relic lvl 8, has really bad Critical Chance. Like some of the lowest in the entire game. The extra 10% critical chance from his lead isn't going to help much with that. If you want him to be critically focused, you're better of using Vulnerable in some or other way. (thou since he has really high Resistance, possibly the highest in the entire game excluding Galactic Legends, I think he should use that more than be critical focused. But that's me). The rest is better than what we currently have, even if the second effect and condition are a little bit confusing. Overall a good step in the right direction, but not big enough of a step to actually make him viable.
    I myself also made a Mace Windu rework a while ago. (Not the fist one I mentioned, that one isn't that good either and way outdated). You can find it here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228230/mace-windu-rework-idea-galactic-republic-jedi
  • Xcien
    198 posts Member
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Thanks. I decided that Mace needed some kind of synergy with Grand Master Yoda, since they were both Grand Masters and Jedi Council Members.

    That's actually wrong. Mace was never the Grand Master. That position has been filled by Yoda for a long time. Cant exactly blame you for that mistake, as I myself made it in the past as well (believe my very first post on this form are reworks of Mace and Yoda, based on this mistake. Thou this was before Yoda go his actual rework in the game. So it's very old).
    As for the kit itself. It's not that good to be honest. It still contains almost all the same problems as the one we currently have in game. Especially Shatterpoint. Cause Stealth and Taunt are still going to make that Expose extremely hard to hit, since it is random on who it appears and he has no way of targeting it. The expose on his basic is also not likely to be triggered by him, as he places it, and the First special still isn't that good since it still doesn't do very much and undispellale buffs exist. Overall his basic and first special have hardly changed at all. The new second special is ok, but because it can be evaded and countered, it's not that good to be honest. Or at least not 5 turn cooldown worthy.
    The leadership is what bothers me the most thou. As mace, even at relic lvl 8, has really bad Critical Chance. Like some of the lowest in the entire game. The extra 10% critical chance from his lead isn't going to help much with that. If you want him to be critically focused, you're better of using Vulnerable in some or other way. (thou since he has really high Resistance, possibly the highest in the entire game excluding Galactic Legends, I think he should use that more than be critical focused. But that's me). The rest is better than what we currently have, even if the second effect and condition are a little bit confusing. Overall a good step in the right direction, but not big enough of a step to actually make him viable.
    I myself also made a Mace Windu rework a while ago. (Not the fist one I mentioned, that one isn't that good either and way outdated). You can find it here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228230/mace-windu-rework-idea-galactic-republic-jedi

    I fixed the issues in the rework you said were most evident. I fixed the issue, which I find extremely annoying, of Mace randomly inflicting Expose on a random person, especially if another opponent is Taunting. I added to the first special to include undispellable buffs, and I made the second special unable to be evaded and unable to be countered.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
Sign In or Register to comment.