Please end 3v3 GAC....or make them less frequent

CrispyFett
192 posts Member
edited April 8
I really hate this mode so much. And I know people will respond "then don't play it" but then I'm just missing out on content and (mediocre) rewards. It would be nice if players could elect which type of GAC they wanted when it was starting - 5v5 or 3v3 - and then players would be matched up accordingly. Just a thought

Replies

• Lol 90% of ppl I encounter in GAC just auto assign and leave it. They need to tweak the rewards
  • Rebmes
    229 posts Member
    What do you hate about it?

I used to hate 3v3, didn't want to spend the time to figure it all out properly, and wasn't making much headway.

Eventually I realized 3v3 was here to stay, got on youtube and found some squads other people are using :p it's still not that great but I rank even better than in 5v5 now so whatever.
  • Banr_05
    38 posts Member
    I know this is a hot take, but I like it better than 5v5
  • 3v3 is an enjoyable game mode if you want it to be. You can find all sorts cool teams on YouTube. Ask your guild for help. I’ll even help you if you want. Just find some fun teams and use them. If you play 3v3, you will find that Kyber is easy due to the lack of competitive players. Also, if people got to pick their mode most of the better players would pick 3v3. Give 3v3 a try and if you don’t like it, you don’t like it.
  • TVF
    27970 posts Member
    3v3 is fun. Nice seeing/using different teams.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's not that I can't win - I win the majority of my 3v3 matches. I just find it tedious and boring compared to 5v5. I guess I feel like the game is mostly geared towards 5v5, so that 3 player teams just aren't as much fun for me
  • Waqui
    8159 posts Member
    If there was three 5v5s in between two 3v3s I would be too rusty for the first round of 3v3. One or two 5v5s for every 3v3 is fine.
  • Rath_Tarr
    3996 posts Member
    3v3 GACs were less frequent. People complained that they didn't get enough practice. :D
  • jawa7778
    276 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

The problem is: Lead's like Moff Gideon's need a specific setup to work and 3v3 just ruins that. Moff Gideon is relatively worthless in 3v3 because he loses the lead.
  • TVF
    27970 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »

The problem is: Lead's like Moff Gideon's need a specific setup to work and 3v3 just ruins that. Moff Gideon is relatively worthless in 3v3 because he loses the lead.

The problem is relying on only certain toons and leads.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    3996 posts Member

Can get over 300 speed sub-g12 and empty the enemy squad's TM bars as opening move. Worthless? :D:D:D
  • Legend91
    1748 posts Member

So some chars/teams are way worse or even pointless in 3v3 (I won't even start about Gideon lead...). Get over it and adapt.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Valeran
    75 posts Member
    I like 3v3 better, however, matchmaking is a universal problem that only sees your actual galactic power. I lost recently to a player with 200k+ GP which is basically not a problem, however, he had 3 GLs and I just have SEE. Now that GLs are around that should be added as a filter too, so your opponent could have a maximum of 1 more GL than you have.
  • Waqui
    8159 posts Member
    Valeran wrote: »
    I like 3v3 better, however, matchmaking is a universal problem that only sees your actual galactic power. I lost recently to a player with 200k+ GP which is basically not a problem, however, he had 3 GLs and I just have SEE. Now that GLs are around that should be added as a filter too, so your opponent could have a maximum of 1 more GL than you have.

Before GLs it was GAS, Malak or whatever the newest META character was. Players who unlock them before their opponents earned their advantage. Adding that filter wouldn't be fair to them.
  • Rath_Tarr
    3996 posts Member
    And GA(C) matchmaking by pre-dates GLs, g13, relics, JKL, GAS, DR/Malak, GET2 capital ships and more. Players have now had over two years to evolve their rosters for it.