3Star Hard Fleet Battles

Hockystyxx
75 posts Member
edited April 2021
Im just coming back from a 2ish year break. Playing heavy again and really needing to 3 star 5A and 5B asap to get GAS. Always slacked on ships back then.. never caught my interest and never had motive so my fleet isnt good.. need advice. Hounds tooth isn’t gonna happen lol working on too much atm..

Here is what im working with: https://swgoh.gg/p/956883562/
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• you know you can't do this without some work, right?

My fleet is advanced enough that I can't remember exactly how hard (or not) those nodes are. So it would help to know how close you're getting.

In the meantime, you're using the absolute worst Cap Ship in Fleet Arena, so I hope you don't mind investing some gear.

You have to pick one of two Fleet Commanders -- Ackbar or Tarkin -- then push hard to get them to g12.

Meanwhile you need to decide on a couple anchor ships. For Tarkin the choices are easier, Vader's TAX-1 is the clear favorite, with Boba's Slave 1 and Maul's Scimitar the best of your remaining choices. You need to spend ship ability mats to upgrade their abilities, including the reinforcement abilities for Slave 1 and Scimitar. You'll also need Biggs's X-Wing in your starting lineup, and therefore you need gear on Biggs.

For Ackbar the choices are harder. Vader + Biggs + Ghost is the obvious starting lineup, with Phantom II as the first reinforcement, but that's a LOT of gear you're going to add to get 4 functional ships. Working around that to try to put something else together isn't easy.

Note that Vader and Biggs are required for either of these scenarios, so along with whatever Fleet Commander you choose, get going on gearing Vader & Biggs right away.

Unfortunately, none of this is guaranteed to get you what you want, since I don't remember how hard those battles are. You're really gotten yourself stuck by having nothing at all with synergy.

So in addition to whatever you're doing above, I strongly recommend that you quick-farm the Geonosian Pilots (Geo Spy, Geo Soldier, Sun Fac) and their ships.

Spy & Soldier are cheap and quick cantina farms, and you already have the characters unlocked. On top of that
    1) the characters are absolutely required nowadays for Geonosis TB. You have enough GP that you should be in a guild doing dark side Geo TB, so you have good reasons to be farming the Geos anyway, even if you weren't concerned about ships.
    and
    2) Neither Spy nor Soldier are difficult to gear. You can get them up to g11 quite easily.

Sun Fac, on the other hand, is slightly harder to farm, but still not bad, and requires more than one Mk5 Stun Gun.

That said, he's an essential part of making the whole team work ***and*** he's just as required as Spy & Soldier for Geonosis TB, so you're going to be taking him to g12 anyway. No point complaining about it.

The ships are all in the Galactic War store. So follow this plan there:
    1. Save up 2,000 GW Tokens
    2. NEVER dip below 2,000 GW tokens except to purchase Sun Fac's ship, since it's rare and if you spend your tokens on other things, you won't have any left with Sun Fac's Starfighter pops up.
    3. Purchase Sun Fac's ship every time it shows up
    4. If you have enough GW Tokens that you can purchase another ship without dipping below 2,000, then purchase Geo Spy's Starfighter and Geo Soldier's Starfighter whenever they appear.

Keep going until you have both Spy & Soldier's ships to 7*. You'll still be working on Sun Fac's ship at that point, but you can add another priority ship (most likely candidate is First Order TIE so you can qualify for the Finalizer event) to purchase when you have more than 2k tokens.

If the Fleet Battles are harder than I think they are, you might not even finish the two battles you need until you have the Geos unlocked, 7*'d, and decently geared. But I'm hoping that with a lot of attention to Vader, Biggs, a new fleet commander, and 1-2 other ships you can get this done sooner rather than later.

Gear Priority is
    1. Vader
    2. Fleet Commander
    3. Biggs
    4. Others

But remember that you can work on more than one character at once if their gear doesn't conflict. This priority order is only for when conflicts occur.

Good luck, and if you want to provide more information about what Commander you pick, how close you are to success, etc. folks here can maybe help you even more, but there's no getting around the fact that you have to build a fleet with synergy just like you do with Squads, and you've currently got no synergy. This isn't likely to be a quick fix.

• Are you sure you want to go for GAS first? SEE is a pretty accessible GL and you'll need to relic people anyway to be competitive.

Side note, Vader is now a beast with his merciless massacre ability
  • I wasn't able to reach the gas required nodes until I had unlocked ani's ship and had relic on him. Used Vader, Biggs, ahsoka, umbrarian, Boba, scimitar to 3 star those nodes. Ani was the champ here, he is a beast. I didn't have hounds tooth ready before I 3 starred these, but if you have that one it probably is doable.
  • Leaving fleets without investment is crazy. Solving your problem has two obvious possibilities.

Bossk and Hounds or the Geonosians. a 5 star hounds with the bossk G11 probably solves your problem of making the 3 stars. Same goes for Geonosians but the 3 ships are even easier to get.

Going to the big picture of your account.

Go to Bossk and Hounds. 3 of the 4 galactic legends are locked up without his ship, in addition to being the best ship in the game, meaning if you want to avoid this, going to the SEE is your only option, but it is not something you can avoid forever.

But for SEE to work you will need Siths like DR, Malak, Fallen Bastila and Sith Trooper (FO) and you will also have to invest in another two toons to finish the team trooper that is a prerequisite for SEE and several pre requirements are disposable toons and you will not have the full troopers.

GS, it is a very good toon, but still it is not a legend. I recommend you take a turn, ignore the GS and go for the SLKR. Of the legendary prerequisites, that of the SLKR is the least painful, and the team of the first order. Going towards GS will force you to go towards JML which is by far the most expensive toon in the game.
  • Check out the requirements for the Raddus and Finalizer events.