Got the game early, went inactive for two years or so, came back to arena packed with R7 squads

BLACKWING
8 posts Member
edited April 2021
I got this game quite early, but went inactive for a while until quarantine kicked in and I got a bunch more free time - looking at my arena and comparing it to a friend of mine whose inventory is similar in GP and started pretty early too, my arena has full relic 5-7 squads around rank 1000 while his start around 200 (both F2P btw)
I've heard this thing about "shards" but have no idea if there's a way to switch them or something. I'm tired of fighting the same R7 padme and GL rey/resistance relic squads.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Sadly this game is among the worst to leave and come back to. You'll forever be 2 years behind (including resources, gear, characters) everyone else who started at the same time as you, so unless you want to shell out serious Ca$h, you'll likely never be competitive in your shard's arena. If you're okay with that, continue playing casually on the account and accept that you may never break top 100 arena no matter how efficient you are.

If you want to be competitive and earn those daily 400+500 crystals, start a new account (so you'll be in a new shard with other players who started within the same ~30 days), hyperdrive day 1, and get into an arena shard chat. Trust me, this (seemingly 'expensive' $100) will be cheaper than trying to get to the top 100 in your current account.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    If being arena competitive is important, the the previous post is spot on. You have little other choice beyond redo.

If you just wanna collect, play raids and TB etc, you’ll be further ahead where you are now.
  • I wouldnt say you cant be ever competitive in arena again.
    Status quo is: You need a GL but its not that important what GL exactly. And I dont think this will change drasticly in the near future.

So with focus and a determed farm it is possible to get to the high spots. But it wont be easy nor fast
  • I can tell my current account is doomed in terms of climbing, but I don't plan on spending any money. I play casually and for fun, just wanted to know if there was a way to change shards (which seems like there isn't.) Thanks!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I wouldnt say you cant be ever competitive in arena again.
    Status quo is: You need a GL but its not that important what GL exactly. And I dont think this will change drasticly in the near future.

So with focus and a determed farm it is possible to get to the high spots. But it wont be easy nor fast

This. It seems that the single-team power creep has stopped for now and the focus is shifting to general roster development with GAC or Conquest. Considering that those are independent on account age, I think you have a good chance of getting back on track once you get a GL. Mod depth might keep you out of the very top for a while, though.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There's no way to change shards. You're stuck with the current one. It's not impossible to get back into the game. However, it will take a long time. If you think you'll enjoy the climb back and enjoy other game modes meanwhile, you can still make it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Start over. Seriously
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Squad arena is just a small part of the game, I'm REALLY liking the galactic conquest or whatsitcalled mode because I can actually squeeze some decent gameplay out of it, plus I like all my characters that I've upped - starting over will feel a bit mean to this acc just to get a better arena shard, but thanks for the info
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Start over. Seriously

@BLACKWING

If you would really like a sense of enjoyment from this particular game, then make a new account and buy the hyperdrive package for $100. If you didn't have knowledge of shards, then it is also likely your mod arsenal is abysmal, and it is at least 2 years behind your shards. Even if you dropped $1000 on this game you would not be able to catch up on mods with your shardmates.

Mods are probably the #1 reason you will never be top 50 competitive on your shard now.

You should re-roll if you will insist on playing this game.

Oh, and it isn't just your arena shard effected:
    - you will be bringing an outdated roster to your guild, with bad mods, for TW and TBs
    - you will be bringing effectively bloated Galactic power to GAC with bad mods.
    - your GP will only be able to be repaired, but not unbloated.

They weren't wrong about this being the worst game to break from for a period. I did it 1.5 years and am still behind as F2P.