Gifafi’s Guide To GAC Matchmaking

Gifafi
6017 posts Member
edited April 2021
We know the gac mm rules, so adjust your behavior accordingly (if you want to do well in gac). If you were taking a class and the teacher said your grade would be 25% in-class participation, 25% homework, and 50% the final, and you did all your homework perfectly, participated daily with thoughtful and helpful questions and answers, and even did an extra credit assignment for an extra 5%, then you didn’t study for the final because you spent all your time on other things, you’d fail the final and thus the class.

Don’t blame the system bc you didn’t adjust to what it tells you it requires. The system may very well be bad or “unfair,” but that’s irrelevant. It literally doesn’t matter that you think the final shouldn’t be worth 50%, or that in-class participation should be a higher %, or GL’s should only match with GL’s. It is what it is.

**Being selective in gearing chars and hoarding for “gl-unlock to r7 with full zetas” (ideally) is essential to success.**

Ex. If you take Hux to r5 while redboi is 4*, you’ll have one not-great team but be matched with those who took the prereqs up together and have SLKR. And you will be at a disadvantage for a long time while you slowly grind those shards.

Match your behavior to the rules for success.
*That’s how* we are empowered to control our own matchmaking. That’s literally it.

*note: this is mostly stolen -err- inspired by others, but giving credit isn’t my thing...I’m trying to become a swgoh youtuber. Hey-ohhhhh!

Maybe End Game isn't for you
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    You misspelled "Giraffe" in the topic title.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Don’t blame the system bc you didn’t adjust to what it tells you it requires.

**Being selective in gearing chars and hoarding for “gl-unlock to r7 with full zetas” (ideally) is essential to success.**

Looks like a ton of fun. Silly me and I thought this was just a video game that you collect star wars toons in.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Looks like a ton of fun. Silly me and I thought this was just a video game that you collect star wars toons in.

well if collection is your game, then you don't really care about being matchmake with superior and lean rosters
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

well if collection is your game, then you don't really care about being matchmake with superior and lean rosters

Also if you can thump the meta you don't have to worry about matchmaking?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    *note: this is mostly stolen -err- inspired by others, but giving credit isn’t my thing...I’m trying to become a swgoh youtuber. Hey-ohhhhh!
    cool, stealing others homework is a sure way of getting expelled from the school 😉
  • Options

Wasnt aware of someone being a collector automatically deems them to not care about matchmaking or winning.... or any of the other benefits one can get from this mode. But if that's how you connect the dots for your picture then that's all that matters.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    This is not a guide.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Wasnt aware of someone being a collector automatically deems them to not care about matchmaking or winning.... or any of the other benefits one can get from this mode. But if that's how you connect the dots for your picture then that's all that matters.

This game has always been about choices and adapting your choices with what you think is important. Almost every choice you make has some interaction with more than one game mode, and very often (if not always) it is us adapting and weighing our choices to the way the game is, not the game changing to suit our choices.

its very rare that a player only cares about one thing, so they have to weigh the choices they make as a personal decision, and that may have a down side in another game mode. Where they place the mark on the sliding scale between those 2 is on them, and generally speaking means they need to have some level of being ok with the down side of the choices they want to make.
  • Options
    Eventine's guide:
    Don't worry about it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

They can care all they want, and they can also collect whom they want. If they want to do well in gac but also want an r8 all-Wookiee squad, then their goals are just incompatible and they will have to choose.
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    This is not a guide.

It literally is.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi how does MM work? I have two GLs but I don’t want to meet other ppl with GLs. I only want to be matched against collectors with r7 ewoks and such. Thanks!
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    Gifafi how does MM work? I have two GLs but I don’t want to meet other ppl with GLs. I only want to be matched against collectors with r7 ewoks and such. Thanks!

Shill harder.
  • Options
    This is not a guide.

It literally is.

No it is not. The first two and biggest paragraphs are giving no clue on what to do. Your 3rd paragraph is a general advice, then you give an example. The last 2 paragraphs are not very helpful also. So "hoard until you have the materials for a GL and then put the gear on" does not count as a guide in my book.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Do you need a guide?
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    Nope.
    Maybe need “Forum quotes 101” though?
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Nope.
    Maybe need “Forum quotes 101” though?

That one I do need, yes.
  • Options
    Eventine's guide:
    Don't worry about it.

I like this guide better. I see a shiny green plus sign on a toon in my favorite tab and I cannot help myself. I always push the shiny green plus signs.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    Eventine's guide:
    Don't worry about it.

I like this guide better. I see a shiny green plus sign on a toon in my favorite tab and I cannot help myself. I always push the shiny green plus signs.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Provided you don't then come to the forums afterwards to complain about matchmaking.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    Eventine's guide:
    Don't worry about it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Provided you don't then come to the forums afterwards to complain about matchmaking.

I don't. I complain in my head how I suck at pushing buttons though.