Is there any precedent to have a purchase made with crystals refunded?

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
edited May 2021
I accidentally used nearly all of my crystals to buy 16 Mon Mothma shards in shipments (I don’t even have Mon Mothma unlocked). Has anyone ever made this kind of mistake and had CG refund the purchase?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I once used crystals on shards by accident, but never asked for a refund. After all, it was my fault for being so clumsy.
  • I don't think it hurts to reach out to support, if this is your first time asking for a crystal refund they might be more lenient and give it to you
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I don't think it hurts to reach out to support, if this is your first time asking for a crystal refund they might be more lenient and give it to you

Where do you think would be an appropriate place to ask? One of the channels here on the forum?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I once used crystals on shards by accident, but never asked for a refund. After all, it was my fault for being so clumsy.

I’m not expecting them to give me a refund and I won’t be mad if they don’t, I just thought it would be worth asking. There’s nothing wrong with asking for help.
  • Raise a ticket in game.

I’ve done it before (or my 4 year old son did) and I got something back from them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Raise a ticket in game.

I’ve done it before (or my 4 year old son did) and I got something back from them.

This. Use the in game help button to open a ticket with EA Help. That is the best channel to open communication.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    I once did buy Canderous Ordo shards by accident, I already had him at 7 stars so it didn't make sense to buy more shards, didn't get a refund.

Hope that has changed and they reimburse you the crystals.
  • @Johnnyreb1977

An Are You Sure button wouldn't prevent all cases. We know that butt-dialing phones is still a thing as of 2020 because Rudy Giuliani did it to a reporter who recorded the call. That requires as much or more accidental button purchasing accidentally buying something in the store.

I imagine that they create those safeguards based on how much people complain. If people aren't complaining very often (and there are millions of us who play the game, so it would have to be a fair few), then it isn't a big enough deal to annoy all the people who are sure when they purchase.

That said: it has happened to me. There was an update that caused my iPad to lag something fierce, but it was intermittent. It wouldn't always happen.

Well, I hit a front page for a pack instead of the front page for a Bronzium. That part was on me, but then I was trying to tap to go back but unknown to me the game hand hung for a few seconds. When I noticed nothing moving, I tapped one more time. When that didn't work, I knew it was frozen and I was thinking about force-quitting when all of a sudden both taps registered and somehow I had bought the pack.

It was 2400 crystals for some Resistance characters when I already had all the Resistance toons (except Rey, who wasn't out yet).

Now, I was annoyed that so many crystals were gone. If it had been 500, maybe I would have let it go, but 2400 was a lot.

I put in a ticket and it took 6 weeks, but eventually they gave me back the crystals with a message saying that they were doing it just this one time and thanking me for being a multi-year player.

I can't say if it's policy or not, but it seems like they're fairly likely to give a refund on a single error per account, but maybe not more than that. I know a bunch of people complained about lag around then and it got fixed not too long after, though, so maybe that had an effect and they don't always refund everyone - not even just that first time for some people. I mean, I'm not saying that, I'm saying it's possible that not everyone gets one refund.

But the point of all this is that this kind of thing happens. An "Are you sure" screen wouldn't always help. And they do try to make things right.

• Precedent, yes. Odds? Slim.
  • Ask the question, the worst they can say is no. Well, I mean they could say worse I suppose, but the net result would be the same
    797-722-718
  • Chances are low, they will likely just tell you it’s not their fault and you should be more careful. That’s what they said about my mistaken GMY zeta I tossed on him 3 years ago.
  • I had the pleasure to ask if is possible to refund shards i bought with crystals for mon mothma, and i got a "we can't do that, believe me if we could we would.". EA's support either has access to nothing or claims so. Go figure.
  • pånøs wrote: »
    I had the pleasure to ask if is possible to refund shards i bought with crystals for mon mothma, and i got a "we can't do that, believe me if we could we would.". EA's support either has access to nothing or claims so. Go figure.

Keep trying, it's possible you will find a softy.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I had this happen when when the game was lagging really bad about a year ago.

I didn't get a FULL refund, but a partial refund at least made it less painful.

And the purchase was a character I was farming but had no real "need" for QUICKLY or anything so it just finished that farm a few days earlier.

I was still out crystals but at least it was a much smaller loss, more like if I'd paid for refreshes to get them.

• pånøs
    152 posts Member
    pånøs wrote: »
    I had the pleasure to ask if is possible to refund shards i bought with crystals for mon mothma, and i got a "we can't do that, believe me if we could we would.". EA's support either has access to nothing or claims so. Go figure.

Keep trying, it's possible you will find a softy.

I don't bother anymore, if is in-game currency, I let it go, if is real money i go other path.
  • I've spent way too much on this game. I once bought Mk4 stun gun salvage instead of Mk5 with crystals I bought. Messaged support and asked if they could revert the obvious mistake- I had thousands of Mk4 salvage already.

Support said no. I said I'll never spend another penny on this game, and I stuck to it.

Those Stunnies saved me hundreds of dollars at this point.
  • Simon489
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    My 2 yo son was playing with my phone and bought grief karga 32 shards for 1280 crystals. (Already at 7*) messaged EA and they said they did not have the option to do anything about it. Just bought the £19.99 pack on May 4th. And have spent £35 in the pass few weeks. Seems they’re happy to take your money but not help out after. This is the first time I’ve had an issue and contacted them.