GC Madness Tournament - Final Four

154vmy9ghrjf.png
Hello Holotable Heroes,

The 3rd round of GC Madness is over and the field has been pared down to the Final Four!

Like last round, Galactic Challenges will be paired off and pitted against each other to vie for your selection. The two winners from this round will be matched up in the final round where your top choice will be crowned champion! While this tournament is mostly for “funsies,” it will also help give the devs a better understanding of which GCs have been your favorites so far.

Choose your preferred GCs based on the modifiers for each of the locations, player and enemy squads. Rewards and other criteria associated with a specific GC (other than the modifiers listed above) should not be factored into your choices.

Although the survey link found here is where your votes will be cast, discussion in this thread is highly encouraged. Feel free to tell us why you chose the ones you did and kindly debate as to your favorite - or not-so-favorite - Galactic Challenges.

Within the survey, you will find images of the modifiers that apply to each GC for your reference. These images can be opened in new tabs if you need to get a closer look and you’re unable to zoom in. Additionally, each of the modifiers are pictured in the spoiler section below.
ikpjexjubb2c.png
yxfvdilp9kfd.png
qzdox6vfv4ky.png
2z34bt7e4kgt.png
6ylyv43ce2zl.png
5t1znuwrqlwv.png
ocejvot1k5iy.png
ufoxdwupb5ro.png
v6j430bha9n0.png
8h7wj3ok7q0h.png
ano4efw8lrz6.png
vqm43gv95dil.png
3uirpob8hykn.png
ev7kci7iizkd.png
078t1uf9agez.png
srx80cswd1tk.png
92fa1wdkq37j.png
hjdpd7q7xb1w.png
9jg52zg047so.png
n5aad1nyend8.png
rlc571jhj4qj.png
9cs71mx8roo8.png
69ea3eshhlqm.png
8f0h93l9aefd.png
5yzfzxzw2fty.png
tefcc7ade2if.png

LINK TO SURVEY HERE.

Final Four Matchups (includes the original seed number, start date, location, player and enemy factions, and win percentage from previous round): 2plu52ovqfhk.png

As you can see from the image above, the original seed-numbers have been retained from the first round. On the far right side of the image, the win percentage from the last round is also included. This is the percentage of overall votes that particular GC took against its opponent in the previous round, be it because the GC was well-liked, or because the opposing GC was uh, not popular.

For this round, the GCs with the highest win percentages are matched against those with the lowest.

Replies

• #11 Jedi vs Sith, because I like Power Struggle
    #22 Jedi vs BH, because Safe Haven SUCKS.

My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

3v3 FTW
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I love Takodana so that’s the one I chose

I tried running Bo-Karan lead last time it ran and it was fun,

You can use her taunt special to avoid getting deathmark on any of your Mando allies when no one has deathmark up

It was a neat mechanic to take advantage of
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Bo-Karan

PoliticalConventionalLeopard-max-1mb.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    my phone autocorrected and i'm too lazy to fix that
  • Thanks to everyone who's participated so far! I plan on leaving this round up until Tuesday morning (04/12) and then posting the championship round that afternoon.
  • iZeta
    14 posts Member
    This one was a no-brainer for me, love the death star GC's no matter what the faction is. That instant delete ability is super cool and tons of fun to use. The opponents being bounty hunters didn't make it overly challenging either and i have a feeling this one is going to come out on top in the championship round.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    iZeta wrote: »
    This one was a no-brainer for me, love the death star GC's no matter what the faction is. That instant delete ability is super cool and tons of fun to use. The opponents being bounty hunters didn't make it overly challenging either and i have a feeling this one is going to come out on top in the championship round.

yeah i think the final round will be both Jedi player modifiers against each other with the Death Star one winning vs BH
  • For me personally, the modifier that I notice the least amount of difference with is the Jedi modifier "Humble Strike". Typically I don't notice the increase in crit damage possibly because the battle ends too quick? Compared to some modifiers like "Grim Machincations" for sith and "The Odds" for rebels, the jedi modifier seems a little underwhelming.
  • For me personally, the modifier that I notice the least amount of difference with is the Jedi modifier "Humble Strike". Typically I don't notice the increase in crit damage possibly because the battle ends too quick? Compared to some modifiers like "Grim Machincations" for sith and "The Odds" for rebels, the jedi modifier seems a little underwhelming.

If Jedi had some better mechanism, that would be cool. Maybe a special buff like 'Jedi teachings' granting extra of some stat every time they grant another ally a buff. GMY would gain lots, so it shouldn't be too OP, but still pretty cool.

If Jedi had some better mechanism, that would be cool. Maybe a special buff like 'Jedi teachings' granting extra of some stat every time they grant another ally a buff. GMY would gain lots, so it shouldn't be too OP, but still pretty cool.

Yeah, the only jedi that I really notice a difference with is Ahsoka because she dispels buffs on basic. There really aren't a lot of jedi that dispel buffs. While Shaak ti and Plo koon also dispel on basic, their damage isn't high enough that I notice a difference. Since ahsoka is an attacker, her damage already pretty high so the crit damage seems to help more.
  • ndwilson
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    I like the rebel modifier The Odds. it's extremely satisfying watching CLS do 5 attacks in a row.

Yeah, the only jedi that I really notice a difference with is Ahsoka because she dispels buffs on basic. There really aren't a lot of jedi that dispel buffs. While Shaak ti and Plo koon also dispel on basic, their damage isn't high enough that I notice a difference. Since ahsoka is an attacker, her damage already pretty high so the crit damage seems to help more.

Well somehow, my GMY gets CD stacking, maybe through a kill or foresight loss.
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    Seems that people really want Jedi to win
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    sigsig wrote: »
    Seems that people really want Jedi to win

with the amount of sithposting that goes on in this community, i am surprised