What is your best team to defend the rank in the Arena?

Quim
665 posts Member
edited April 2016
What is your best team to defend the rank in your server? How many positions are you dropping with that team?

This is the list of the user answers:

Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe & Kylo Ren - 15 positions [Quim]
Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe & Royal Guard - 25 positions [Quim]
Dooku (L), Poggle, GS, IG86 & RG - 15 positions [wisenuts]
Dooku (L), Fives, Lumi, Poggle & Sid - 10 positions [DrewN76]
Dooku (L), QGJ, Yoda, Rey & Han - 15 positions [Higher]
QGJ (L), Rey, FOTP, RG & Poe - 15 positions [SidiousIsPikachu]
Dooku (L), RG, Rey, Sid & GS - 20 positions [InternetSwag]
Poggle(L), GS , IG-86, Rey & Poe - 10 positions [LaLiam]
Post edited by Quim on

Replies

• wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    I don't change my offense/defense. Last two weeks been getting top 5.

Dooku (L) 7*
    Poggle 7*
    RG 5*
    GS 6*
    IG86 7*

10-20 positions lost during the day. One time I lost 30 but I had swapped out 86 for Lumi.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Spending crystals.
  • Dooku, daka, rg, rey, gs. Or you can sub in fotp for daka. This team is allowing me to stay one battle out of top 3 everyday.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    So far I only drop 5-10 spots running

Dooku
    Fives
    Lumi
    Poggle
    Sid

But I will be adding RG 4*in place of Sid and 86 6* almost 7*in place of Poggle. Maybe in a week.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Quim I think you're on my shard, i usually try to sit at rank 2 with

Dooku (L)
    Qgj
    Yoda
    Rey
    ST Han

My game name is Joel btw

How's my team on defense?
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Hi Joel :smiley: nice to see you in the forum also.

You play battles during all the day I think hehe so is not easy know how many positions you can drop with this team.

I only play battles from 1h 40 min before the rewards, is not useful play battles the rest of the day, the best is not spend crystals to buy extra attemps or at least not more of 50, because the crystals are needed to buy extra cantina energy (100+200), extra normal energy (50+50) and the rest (200) to buy shards of Royal Guard in the shipments or extra attempts in the hard nodes of Rey and RG, for example, so the best is maintain the TOP 20 and get the rank 1 without expend crystals, but to assure I get the rank 1 I start 1 hour 40 minutes before the rewards, sometimes I get it without spending the 50 crystals.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Recently I haven't even used all 5 of my battles to gain a rank so as soon as I see someone take my spot I just attack it back as soon as I see it, there have been times where I needed to spend 50 for another 5, but since the dooku lead change I've been able to maintain quite well
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    LOL nice, but also if someone attacks me when I'm fighting for the rank, I attack again, because I know that in that moment I am the only one that is fighting in that timezone, so if someone attack you again I think is better get a different rank, if you are #2 and someone attack you in the rank #2, I think that then is better get the rank #3, because if you attack the rank 2 again, maybe that player will attack you another time hehe

So maybe sometimes I am rank 1 in my reward timezone, at 19:00, but at 22:00 I am 8th, doesn't matter, because maybe I am rank 8 in the next 4 hours, 12th at 04:00 and maybe 16h at 12:00 AM, so is better wait to the 17:20 to start to play battles and then maybe is not needed pay the 50 crystals. A lot of times I can get the rank 1 playing only 3 or 4 battles.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    I guess I just like seeing my name up there at all times haha, I rarely go for #1 since people attack me more it seems
  • QGJ 6*, Rey 7*, Fotp 7*, RG 6*, Poe 7*.
    2 tanks taunters with 2 crazy attackers. Aoe teams like Vader, Sid, Kylo, phasma, Ig88 will probably finish me in 2 rounds. but hey, Who runs aoe teams ? QGJ can debuff only one: RG or Poe. either way, Fotp+Rey free to kill. this team works very well on defense.
    moving from 1# at payout time to 13-17# In 23 hours. full day, 3/4 teams win me. and im sure more people than 3/4 try and fail to beat me :)
    it look weak on paper, but great defensively.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nice team @SidiousIsPikachu maybe without QGJ will be better, against Dooku teams, Geonosian Soldier maybe is better, then GS, Rey and FOTP are in the top 5 of the best attackers of the game. I'm using RG+Poe today, now I'm 12th when remain 16 hours, and my attackers are Poggle, GS and IG-86. I will try without Poggle, with Poe as leader and Rey, after get the 5th star of Rey, maybe also is nice, and also I will try with Resistance Pilot, with Poe (L), Rey, Resistance Pilot, RG and GS. I need 25 shards hehe
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Edited the first post adding the answers of the users.

Also I have edited my teams, with Kylo Ren I'm dropping around 15 positions, with Royal Guard I dropped around 25 positions.

I think that Kylo Ren is very useful against Dooku teams, because when Kylo uses the AoE in his second turn, then Dooku counter attack and Kylo have 45% chance to reset the cooldowns, or if Dooku attack 2 times is a lot of chance to reset the cooldowns, and when the health of Kylo is below 50% he gain 75% offense in his "outrage", that with the offense up is +125% damage, it is damages of around 15K, so Kylo is more effective than RG, so I will continue with this team (Poggle, GS, IG86, Poe & Kylo) until get Yoda and improve my Rey to 5 stars, then I will play with QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey, GS and RG.

Come on! More teams :smiley:
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Dooku
    RG
    Rey
    Sid
    GS

Miss one attack on Rey, she lives. Try to aoe to kill her and get past RG taunt? Lol nope Dooku will counter and every dodge just got offense up.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    @InternetSwag how many positions?
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Quim wrote: »
    @InternetSwag how many positions?

Oh sorry. It depends but usually drop about 7-13 positions depends. But on average I log in and I'm rank 17-22. The other day I overslept and missed arena completely for 2 days and was ll rank 26.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Isn't this thread subjective since we don't know what other people considered good/bad to attack? Also matters if it's a weekday or weekend. And many other things...
  • I feel like you should include a cut-off point of rank, because a strong team that doesn't bother with Arena can go an entire day with dropping maybe once from 79 to 90 or so. Positions don't say everything.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Truth, but we don't know the difficulty of every server, it is an average, and also is an average of all the week, not only one day. The best is only say the team if was tasted during 1 completely week at least, because, for example, today I don't dropped any position during the night, I was at 7th position at 22:00, and at 14:00, 16 hours later, I was continue being 7th, but the average is around 15 positions. Also is important the timezones, but only is an approximation.
  • I'm in south Africa so I think it's a big part too
  • Nuwonda
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    still levelling up my toons: Poggle 6* (L) (seems I am the only one using him on my server...), GS 5*, IG-86 5*, QGJ 3* :-O , RG 4* I am losing tons of spots but then again I am not even 70 yet and end up around 150ish, working my way up slowly...

so just to get this... the last fight you do will determine the "arena team" that is used for AI fights when people fight against you?

just started recently so still getting the hang of things. unlocked RP but only 2 stars and unlocked Poe just today and working to unlock Dooku and Kylo but that's gonna take time... FTP all the way.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Poggle(L),86,gs,Rey,poe. Im surprised that i only drop 10 places in an early December server with this squad. My guess is my server has an easy difficulty but i have nothing to compare to.
    {RotE}