GL tickets are terrible

Zanir
171 posts Member
edited April 13
Just another reason to despise CG. I brought 14 toons to G13. I am not even asking for an easy event--make it hard, sure. But stacking a limit on attempts on top of that (tickets) is just not nice.

I wouldn't even be opposed to tickets on ultimate ability material tier. But I have met the requirements and I want to unlock the Galactic Legend I've worked months towards. Why do you have to be thickheaded like this and put YET ANOTHER barrier in front of me? This is just sadistically punishing players at this point, there's no gameplay consideration involved. You're just punishing people for not spending money, which is different from giving an advantage for spending money. GL tickets are just you saying "screw you, give me more money".
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Can you buy GL tickets?
  • I don't see the problem with it, buy energy and farm the kryotech which you will need for the gls anyway.
  • Zanir
    171 posts Member
    Can you buy GL tickets?

    You can buy crystals which refresh energy, and spending energy generates tickets. So, kinda.
    I don't see the problem with it, buy energy and farm the kryotech which you will need for the gls anyway.

    I have gear pre farmed to jump straight to G13 on unlock. Now I'm gated behind the stupid tickets. Used to be, when I met requirements for a legendary toon (and the even was available, before the Journey Guide) I could go to the event and run it as many times as necessary to beat it. For a GL I am forced to wait even longer between attempts. This is not okay.
  • GL’s have been around for a while now.

    Not sure why this seems to have come as a surprise.

    See how they set it up and plan accordingly. 🤷‍♂️
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    GL’s have been around for a while now.

    Not sure why this seems to have come as a surprise.

    See how they set it up and plan accordingly. 🤷‍♂️

    It’s not a surprise, but doesn’t make it any less ridiculous to have a farm within a farm.
  • Zanir
    171 posts Member
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    GL’s have been around for a while now.

    Not sure why this seems to have come as a surprise.

    See how they set it up and plan accordingly. 🤷‍♂️

    It's not a surprise. It's still cow poo.
  • TVF
    29906 posts Member
    Hope making another thread about it makes you feel better, because that's all it can accomplish.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    29906 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    Can you buy GL tickets?

    You can buy crystals which refresh energy, and spending energy generates tickets. So, kinda.
    I don't see the problem with it, buy energy and farm the kryotech which you will need for the gls anyway.

    I have gear pre farmed to jump straight to G13 on unlock. Now I'm gated behind the stupid tickets. Used to be, when I met requirements for a legendary toon (and the even was available, before the Journey Guide) I could go to the event and run it as many times as necessary to beat it. For a GL I am forced to wait even longer between attempts. This is not okay.

    Before the Journey Guide, if you weren't ready for the new thing when it was released, you'd have to wait 3 months or so for it to come back. It takes way less than 3 months to farm the GL tickets.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Hope making another thread about it makes you feel better, because that's all it can accomplish.

    Hope cynically commenting on another thread makes you feel better about yourself. Cause it’s not gonna stop threads like these until CG changes something :)
  • TVF
    29906 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Hope making another thread about it makes you feel better, because that's all it can accomplish.

    Hope cynically commenting on another thread makes you feel better about yourself. Cause it’s not gonna stop threads like these until CG changes something :)

    1) They won't
    2) I'm just bored at work, shrug
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Hope making another thread about it makes you feel better, because that's all it can accomplish.

    Hope cynically commenting on another thread makes you feel better about yourself. Cause it’s not gonna stop threads like these until CG changes something :)

    1) They won't
    2) I'm just bored at work, shrug

    Well they should. The biggest change and most reasonable one would be that you only burn tickets on a successful run. Still requires their “farm within a farm” but hey, why make life better for the players ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.