Gear economy changes

Prev13
Fingolfin26
270 posts Member
edited April 2021
Months ago it was stated that there might be changes to the gear economy after cg has time to evaluate the changes made to the shard economy.

@CG_Doja_Fett where in the process are we? Is the evaluation of the shard economy through? It's been quite some time, is a possible look at the gear economy still on the docket sometime soon?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, last we spoke they are still looking at things. Since the original statement, both GCs and Conquest have launched. With the addition of those they are still looking at how the economy balance to see what it looks like.
  • In case CG people read this thread, I think we really need some gear economy changes. I don't know if that means upping the drop rate like they did for shards (that was awesome btw), or maybe dropping the amount of gear needed for things (30 stun guns instead of 50), or (my least favorite of my ideas) making new ways to get gear.

Whatever way they want to do it, making the gear grind easier will hugely benefit the players of this game.
  • The tiny bit of gear rewarded by Conquest and challenges hasn’t been really noticeable to me. Probably because a quarter of it is dumpster food. What are they so worried about anyway? It’s not like we are all going to be fully geared and maxed out to the point of where CG can’t hold us under there boot of frustration.

Couldn't agree with you more. Especially the first part about not noticing a change in gear farming from conquest and challenges.
  • Konju
    1178 posts Member
    There won’t be a change in gear economy for quite some time is my guess. The reward pools for CRancor and Conquest still have terrible potential gear drops. Simple changes like adjusting the gear pool to be dropped and making Conquest 2x a month would be a welcome change for gear economy. (Conquest 2x a month would alter the Aeros & Razor Crest shards though, so an adjustment would likely need to be implemented there: read less of both to stay the same as 1x a month)
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Yes because 20 aeros instead of 10 every month could really break the game...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Yes, last we spoke they are still looking at things. Since the original statement, both GCs and Conquest have launched. With the addition of those they are still looking at how the economy balance to see what it looks like.

Did GC launch SINCE then?
    I honestly thought that was going on already but maybe it wasn't.

Couldn't agree with you more. Especially the first part about not noticing a change in gear farming from conquest and challenges.
    I will say that Conquest is allowing access to some more StunGuns & G12 items but its not a major improvement IMO.

TaTaKaS wrote: »

Aeros? What's an Aeros?

I must still be a noob at 2 years & 27 Relic-5+ characters because I can't even come up with Zinbindle Cards at this point. :(

Now had they left the Shard Store at the same prices while doubling the other stuff, that would have been an added boost that combined w/ Conquest might have felt like a bit of a "lessening of the gear crunch"

But the best change would be to stop making characters w/ Gear Levels that look like Nest G11, or all the new Kryo's at G8 characters. Or the entirety of Gen.Kenobi's gearing from 7 to 12 IIRC. Etc etc etc.

So when they announced that character shards were going to be doubled for certain toons, I know for a fact galactic challenges had already been rolled out. Conquest definitely came after that, however that isn't really a meaningful source of gear. Every little bit helps, obviously, but I don't think that significantly alters the gear economy.

Do you know if they have finished analyzing character shards changes to the economy? And are they going to communicate with us regarding gear economy any time soon?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Schwartzring
    Nov was shard change and mention of the ability to at some point look into this after things settle.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest

"Final" update to GCs with the increased frequency and new rewards system, Dec.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238833/galactic-challenges-updates-coming-this-week#latest

So no, not the launch of, but the last major change we saw and the "final" rewards structure that would need to be considered for the economic balance. My bad.
  • I will say that Conquest is allowing access to some more StunGuns & G12 items but its not a major improvement IMO.

Agreed. I do appreciate the extra gear, especially the injector box (I think that's what it's called) for g13 finishers.

I just meant that, in the big picture, it hasn't made that much of a difference. At least, nowhere near the difference double shards made. Hope that makes sense.
  • Konju
    1178 posts Member
    TaTaKaS wrote: »

Oh don’t get me wrong, I agree with you sarcasm. I just think they don’t want to give the Aeromagnifiers out very heavily.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Schwartzring
    Nov was shard change and mention of the ability to at some point look into this after things settle.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238833/galactic-challenges-updates-coming-this-week#latest

So no, not the launch of, but the last major change we saw and the "final" rewards structure that would need to be considered for the economic balance. My bad.

Posting things they have said in the past is pointless, as soooo much of what they have said has not come to pass. Still waiting on the next tiers of the Daily Challenges they said were coming after the new assault battle tiers were introduced that would help with the crunch....but we got nothin.....just like this supposed new format for the Q&A....nothin.

Did they confirm new daily challenge tiers?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    @Schwartzring

Gotcha I know what you're talking about now. I know they changed the format from using feats to directly get rewards to working towards a gear box but that didn't really affect the amount rewards significantly correct? Really it was just increasing the frequency, and even then it hasn't resulted in a significant change in the gear economy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Schwartzring

Gotcha I know what you're talking about now. I know they changed the format from using feats to directly get rewards to working towards a gear box but that didn't really affect the amount rewards significantly correct? Really it was just increasing the frequency, and even then it hasn't resulted in a significant change in the gear economy

It was a change to the income, and all of those need to be part of the consideration when looking at the balance. Doubling its effect on the player base, is significant, yes.
    Doubling its effect on the player base, is significant, yes.

I think that saying "doubling on the player base" is a bit confusing/misleading.
    And Yes, I know I left off the "its effect" part.

Lets be honest, compared to what we get for an entire Month of gear from Raids, Twar, Tbats, Purchases/shard store, etc etc. Its not a big change.

Yes, doubling 1 source is nice for that one source but if that one source is say, 5% of total gear for the month, then we go from 100% to 105%.

And in a balanced economy a 5% boost might even be seen as "significant".

But after YEARS of added characters, added gear levels (relics), new gear items (Kryos), characters with insane gearing requirements compared to others (NS Alcolyte/QuiGon v/s G.Kenobi/Ezra/Scarif RP)...... I think many players would all agree that the gear economy is Anything BUT Balanced.

2019 & 2020 was basically Nothing but MORE & MORE Paywalls when it comes to Gear.

At this point they could have left the Shard Store completely at the same shards/gear before the Shard economy change & it still would have been a minor boost.

Heck, they could go into all the other stores & drop prices by 25 or 50% and not change "Event" rewards and it would still mean most people struggle & take weeks to gear a single character up to Relic level which is now the "new norm".

Lets face it, when gold gear is only a 20% drop rate, your still going to be farming FOREVER to finish off G12 pieces.

Using myself as an example:

I'm finishing off ARC Trooper right now & he needs 50 Mk12 Furnaces on 3 different pieces.
    So its 150 shards = 750 Sims = 7500 Energy. (On Average)
    I have no fleet farms going right now except for some on "Hard Node Day".
    I dump all 285 of my Daily/Bonus Fleet Energy into that 1 gear item node. (6*285).
    I do Triple Refreshes on Both Sides of All Energy Day (3x120*2 = 720)

(That's 2430/Week Dumped into 10 Energy Sims for that 1 Gear Shard)

Which means it will take me 3+ weeks of farming JUST for that 1 stack portion to complete the Right Side.
    Doesn't count any other portions of each of those 3 G12 slots.

Now maybe I get lucky & cut some of that out with a well timed event rewards but its still a boatload of other items needed for each of those 3 pieces so I'll just stick to 3 weeks.

Can you honestly tell me it should take 3 weeks to fill in 1/2 of 1 gear level on 1 character?

Or to use something that applies to basically ever character in the game....... Is it balanced to cost $20 in crystals to complete 1 stungun for 1 level for 1 character?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Doubling its effect on the player base, is significant, yes.

I think that saying "doubling on the player base" is a bit confusing/misleading.
    And Yes, I know I left off the "its effect" part.

Yes you did. So if you want to discuss what I said, please dont take it out of context and run with it. By leaving out that part you are making it misleading/confusing.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Months ago it was stated that there might be changes to the gear economy after cg has time to evaluate the changes made to the shard economy.

@CG_Doja_Fett where in the process are we? Is the evaluation of the shard economy through? It's been quite some time, is a possible look at the gear economy still on the docket sometime soon?

5is20xkgawv9.png
    @Schwartzring

It was a change to the income, and all of those need to be part of the consideration when looking at the balance. Doubling its effect on the player base, is significant, yes.

Doubling it's effect, it's a phrase that sounds like it is significant but looking at the actual change in gear given to the player shows that it really isn't.

Besides significant is a subjective marker anyways, what's significant to me, might not be to you. I think the majority of players would agree though that it wasn't a significant change
  • Ultra wrote: »

5is20xkgawv9.png

Wow thanks Ultra didn't see that, where was it posted? I didn't see a comment here on swgoh.gg
  • Honestly the easiest solution is a new tier of daily challenges, I personally got over 3k of every reward in the daily challenges except the carbantis, even tho I spent a lot what I already had on relic mats to go down to 3k. I think it's time to get a new challenge tier and make all players happy, it might be the time to ease of on stun gun and droid caller bottle neck since the new bottle neck is the kyrotech.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Schwartzring

Doubling it's effect, it's a phrase that sounds like it is significant but looking at the actual change in gear given to the player shows that it really isn't.

Besides significant is a subjective marker anyways, what's significant to me, might not be to you. I think the majority of players would agree though that it wasn't a significant change

Doubling its effect sounds like it went from X to 2X. It has no other connotations, and I was in no way implying or even saying its impact was significant. Just that its contribution was double what it was before, which makes it a different value, which needs to be a part of the balance.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

5is20xkgawv9.png

Wow thanks Ultra didn't see that, where was it posted? I didn't see a comment here on swgoh.gg

swgoh discord
    @Schwartzring

Doubling its effect sounds like it went from X to 2X. It has no other connotations, and I was in no way implying or even saying its impact was significant. Just that its contribution was double what it was before, which makes it a different value, which needs to be a part of the balance.

You said verbatim doubling it's effect on the player base is significant.

I do agree though, it is a part of the balance and needs to be taken into consideration
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Schwartzring

You said verbatim doubling it's effect on the player base is significant.

I do agree though, it is a part of the balance and needs to be taken into consideration

Yes its effect is X, double that would be 2X. Correct I did say that, because the effect on the player base (no matter how significant or not anyone thinks it is) was doubled.
    @Schwartzring

So here you said you didn't say it was significant, when you did.

Just now you said you did say that.

I'm not trying to troll, I just don't understand what exactly you're trying to say, other than that the increased frequency needs to be taken into account for any balancing of the gear economy (which I already agreed with)
    Yes you did. So if you want to discuss what I said, please dont take it out of context and run with it. By leaving out that part you are making it misleading/confusing.

And my point was your entire sentence is a bit misleading. It was a minor change to total gear levels & total gear levels is really what we are all talking/complaining about.

If you say your not getting enough nutrition in a day & someone says "well we increased you from 1 **** to 2" its still not getting the job done.

The game has been getting progressively worse in gearing/paywall for 2 years straight.
    Saying a dripping will now become a trickle is in no way significant.

Sorry, don't want to be a troll, but it was discussed last December & in 4 months we've seen a couple very tiny increases. It would be nice to see something happen that doesn't make me think "why do I bother logging in" for once.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Schwartzring

I'm not trying to troll, I just don't understand what exactly you're trying to say, other than that the increased frequency needs to be taken into account for any balancing of the gear economy (which I already agreed with)

Sorry, I see what you mean, I should have said significant change. As in going 2x the rewards is a significant change to that income. I did not mean to sound like I was saying that GCs along are significant increase in rewards to the whole.
    @Schwartzring

Sorry, I see what you mean, I should have said significant change. As in going 2x the rewards is a significant change to that income. I did not mean to sound like I was saying that GCs along are significant increase in rewards to the whole.

Ah I see, gotcha, thanks for the clarification