Gear economy changes

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yes you did. So if you want to discuss what I said, please dont take it out of context and run with it. By leaving out that part you are making it misleading/confusing.

And my point was your entire sentence is a bit misleading. It was a minor change to total gear levels & total gear levels is really what we are all talking/complaining about.

If you say your not getting enough nutrition in a day & someone says "well we increased you from 1 **** to 2" its still not getting the job done.

The game has been getting progressively worse in gearing/paywall for 2 years straight.
    Saying a dripping will now become a trickle is in no way significant.

Sorry, don't want to be a troll, but it was discussed last December & in 4 months we've seen a couple very tiny increases. It would be nice to see something happen that doesn't make me think "why do I bother logging in" for once.

No one outside of yourself can answer or make that question go away for you.

No, the sentence you are sticking to is not misleading. They doubled the frequency of that event, meaning that that would be the point they would be judging not the previous level. No matter how significant or not, it is an element in the balance that needs to be considered.
  • Please at least remove the wrong tier of items like stun guns at the very least. Don't replace them with anything so the odds of the right ones goes up, and would be nice to drop more of everything, or reduce the number of salvage needed to make a full piece. As others have said, kyro is the new bottleneck, however, I still need 20ish stun guns for my important toons. That is months of farming just that, and that is only for current gear levels.
  • Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Please at least remove the wrong tier of items like stun guns at the very least. Don't replace them with anything so the odds of the right ones goes up, and would be nice to drop more of everything, or reduce the number of salvage needed to make a full piece. As others have said, kyro is the new bottleneck, however, I still need 20ish stun guns for my important toons. That is months of farming just that, and that is only for current gear levels.

I honestly don't think we will see a "reprogramming" of the formulas for gear.
    1. I feel that might be more difficult to do.
    2. That would almost feel bad for everyone that has come before doing 50 & others doing 20.

What I would like to see is .............
    1. A price decrease in the stores. If they can increase Shard Store they can decrease it again along w/ other stores.
    2. Going forward, use less painful gear when creating new toons.
    (For example, instead of having a M5 Stun Gun AND a separate M3 Carbanti in a single level (Or double that in the case of Gen Kenobi & 5's?)...... How about using the M1 Carbanti for less gear & better stats instead of the M3 that is solo. And we still have to come up with the 50 as part of the M5 Stungun. Seriously, if they just took nothing more than the stand alone M3 Carbs in your typical character? 1-5? & Replaced 1/2 of them with M1 Carbs. It would be a HUGE increase in how you gear a toon.
    There is plenty of Blue/Green gear out there with "Similar" stats to a lot of the Purple/Gold stuff but they don't use it now days.
    3. Double Shards in the nodes the way they did character shards. Or change the Drop Rate to increase from 20% to at least be up at the character rate of 33.33%

• I don't expect a reprogramming either. Your solution looks good to me, especially double drops and using some of the other gear you mentioned. Not every toon should need mk5 stun guns on so many gear levels along with endless carbantis.
    Please at least remove the wrong tier of items like stun guns at the very least. Don't replace them with anything so the odds of the right ones goes up, and would be nice to drop more of everything, or reduce the number of salvage needed to make a full piece. As others have said, kyro is the new bottleneck, however, I still need 20ish stun guns for my important toons. That is months of farming just that, and that is only for current gear levels.

2. That would almost feel bad for everyone that has come before doing 50 & others doing 20.

1. A price decrease in the stores. If they can increase Shard Store they can decrease it again along w/ other stores.
    (For example, instead of having a M5 Stun Gun AND a separate M3 Carbanti in a single level (Or double that in the case of Gen Kenobi & 5's?)...... How about using the M1 Carbanti for less gear & better stats instead of the M3 that is solo. And we still have to come up with the 50 as part of the M5 Stungun. Seriously, if they just took nothing more than the stand alone M3 Carbs in your typical character? 1-5? & Replaced 1/2 of them with M1 Carbs. It would be a HUGE increase in how you gear a toon.
    There is plenty of Blue/Green gear out there with "Similar" stats to a lot of the Purple/Gold stuff but they don't use it now days.
    3. Double Shards in the nodes the way they did character shards. Or change the Drop Rate to increase from 20% to at least be up at the character rate of 33.33%

Honestly I get you here, but that mk3 Carbanti thing is a crunch I am yet to understand/experience. I have no problem with them. But I agree with your general point there.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Honestly I get you here, but that mk3 Carbanti thing is a crunch I am yet to understand/experience. I have no problem with them. But I agree with your general point there.

Out of everything from ALL the challenge events that is the one I am always behind the 8Ball on. Thousands of all the others and I'm at 120 on Carbantis. It's crazy.
  • Why do people complain about mk 3 Carbanti rarity? I have experienced it a grand total of once, for three days, because of MY mistap and giving a useless char one. Daily Challenges give like 20-25 carbanti salvage a day for me. One of the easiest farms for me.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Why do people complain about mk 3 Carbanti rarity? I have experienced it a grand total of once, for three days, because of MY mistap and giving a useless char one. Daily Challenges give like 20-25 carbanti salvage a day for me. One of the easiest farms for me.

I’d love to know which challenges you’re doing for 20-25 carbanti a day.
  • Why do people complain about mk 3 Carbanti rarity? I have experienced it a grand total of once, for three days, because of MY mistap and giving a useless char one. Daily Challenges give like 20-25 carbanti salvage a day for me. One of the easiest farms for me.

Well yes we get a consistent source of income for carbantis, but the problem is we need so many of them that the income still just isn't enough. Not sure where you are in the game, but at least for me at 5 mil GP and 2 GLs, I'm still always stretched thin on them. Going for my third GL and the gear I still need the most is carbantis
    Every day? Or 3 days a week?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Can we see your roster? Gear scarcity is largely dependent on who you have and who you don't have.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This was on 6 March
    My highest toon is a G12 GMY.

So he’s got a good bit of time to go til he hits the carbanti roadblock
  • This was on 6 March

yup. I just hit it ... cos I'm hoarding. But, if you look at my swgoh.gg, you'll know I wouldn't have hit it yet otherwise. When you hit it, if you don't know about it, it can really throw you off course.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    FTP player begin to have 4 GL already. Usual GP for 4 GL is near 7 millions. With this point of view, gear crunch is not a big problem. I do understand that for lower GP and people that begin to play later in the game is hard to gear everything.
    Based on this, you need to help new people gearing toon to g13 and for older kids players, you need to crunch a relic level gear. Relic 8 is good, maybe higher?
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    This was on 6 March

Buddy has a big surprise coming his way
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Why do people complain about mk 3 Carbanti rarity? I have experienced it a grand total of once, for three days, because of MY mistap and giving a useless char one. Daily Challenges give like 20-25 carbanti salvage a day for me. One of the easiest farms for me.

Well yes we get a consistent source of income for carbantis, but the problem is we need so many of them that the income still just isn't enough. Not sure where you are in the game, but at least for me at 5 mil GP and 2 GLs, I'm still always stretched thin on them. Going for my third GL and the gear I still need the most is carbantis

Yeah, as you said it depends on where you are in the account, namely account age. Old bottlenecks are simply gone for me. I get enough on their natural accumulation pace. G12+ is the name of the game now (and obviously kyros)
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Yeah, as you said it depends on where you are in the account, namely account age. Old bottlenecks are simply gone for me. I get enough on their natural accumulation pace. G12+ is the name of the game now (and obviously kyros)

So MJ 3 stun cuffs, mk 5 stun guns, Mk5 droid callers, mk8 biotech salvage/components, Mk 3 carbs, and mk5 thermal detonators (just to make a few) are all in great abundance for you? Just so you know, those pieces I listed are all needed for G12 finishers as well as the early gear reqs.

I do like where your mindset is at thing. Day one bottlenecks should be gone at this point given the progression and power creep in the game. Getting toons to G12 should not be a chore anymore. Even G11 if you wanna be super stingy. Old G12 gear should be more difficult but not insanely hard as the first choke point now. Then the G12+ and finishers and of course relic material.

Still waiting on some kind of update on how they’ll address the gear economy, or an explanation as to why they won’t (even though adding kyro’s made it much worse and was their most messed up lie ever.) Also waiting on those QoL updates we were promised in the “first part of the year” but that’s a discussion for another thread
  • One thing they could do is in the Galactic Conquest store. The gear being offered for purchase is ridiculous most of the time. Gear we have several thousand of should not be in the rotation.

Seriously, put the gear that you know are the bottlenecks in the store. Even in doing so, not all of us will purchase the gear as there are other things to purchase such as relic material and ship shards. Putting useless gear there though is just insulting.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Day one bottlenecks should be gone at this point given the progression and power creep in the game.

So mk5 furnaces, mk6 nubian techs, and mk7 security scanners?

Just kidding, I aimed too high there.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    One thing they could do is in the Galactic Conquest store. The gear being offered for purchase is ridiculous most of the time. Gear we have several thousand of should not be in the rotation.

Seriously, put the gear that you know are the bottlenecks in the store. Even in doing so, not all of us will purchase the gear as there are other things to purchase such as relic material and ship shards. Putting useless gear there though is just insulting.

You must be insulted by all stores then.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

So MJ 3 stun cuffs, mk 5 stun guns, Mk5 droid callers, mk8 biotech salvage/components, Mk 3 carbs, and mk5 thermal detonators (just to make a few) are all in great abundance for you? Just so you know, those pieces I listed are all needed for G12 finishers as well as the early gear reqs.

I do like where your mindset is at thing. Day one bottlenecks should be gone at this point given the progression and power creep in the game. Getting toons to G12 should not be a chore anymore. Even G11 if you wanna be super stingy. Old G12 gear should be more difficult but not insanely hard as the first choke point now. Then the G12+ and finishers and of course relic material.

Still waiting on some kind of update on how they’ll address the gear economy, or an explanation as to why they won’t (even though adding kyro’s made it much worse and was their most messed up lie ever.) Also waiting on those QoL updates we were promised in the “first part of the year” but that’s a discussion for another thread

This is how it works for me; it's not like I have a stock of thousands of stun guns, it's just that I don't need as many anymore since there's not too many toons left to get to g12. And when I need to farm for a gl or new toon -old gear- needs melt way way before the other bottlenecks where we have no steady income for whatsoever. I haven't farmed any of the old gear on maps for more than 6 months because other currencies suffice to get them done on fast mode.

Mid aged accounts are already heading towards similar experience. Most of my guild is above this waist line now.
  • I agree...they have been dragging their feet (forever) on the gear issue.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited April 2021

Yes it's an easy farm, but it's a constant farm. I get 100 and need to use them both ASAP. I just think it's odd that EVERY other piece of gear from the daily challenges is in abundance and carbantis are a constant trickle. I have 500 MK IV carbantis that none of my characters need. That's the part I find frustrating. Even if they switched it to MK IV's I'd be bummed because my current stockpile would only get me 10 pieces. I get there is a need to farm things regularly but **** is it a struggle sometimes.
    Post edited by twstdbydsn on
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Yes it's an easy farm, but it's a constant farm. I get 100 and need to use them both ASAP. I just think it's odd that EVERY other piece of gear from the daily challenges is in abundance and carbantis are a constant trickle. I have 500 MK IV carbantis that none of my characters need. That's the part I find frustrating. Even i they switched it to MK IV's I'd be bummed because my current stockpile would only get me 10 pieces. I get there is a need to farm things regularly but **** is it a struggle sometimes.

This. Yes it comes in regularly - but I literally need about 1,000 of them, and getting ~60 a week does not realistically help.
  • IMO they could do an "exchange office" on the scavenger, where we could exchange 2 pieces of a gear by 1 piece of the same gear, but only being able to choose the previous or next level.

Example:

2 Mk4 stun guns = 1 Mk5 stun gun
    2 MK4 carbanti = 1 Mk3 carbanti

Etc...
  • a 100% drop chance for the gear you need, would be nice...
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    BumbleB wrote: »
    a 100% drop chance for the gear you need, would be nice...

So would a puppy that doesn't have to be taken care of.
  • Markibrown wrote: »
    IMO they could do an "exchange office" on the scavenger, where we could exchange 2 pieces of a gear by 1 piece of the same gear, but only being able to choose the previous or next level.

Example:

Etc...

I don't know how well this would go down, I can already imagine some new player exchanging all their mk 3 carbantis for mk 4 carbantis because they think "hey, mk 4 is higher than mk 3 so it's got to be better"
  • Markibrown wrote: »
    IMO they could do an "exchange office" on the scavenger, where we could exchange 2 pieces of a gear by 1 piece of the same gear, but only being able to choose the previous or next level.

Example:

Etc...

I don't know how well this would go down, I can already imagine some new player exchanging all their mk 3 carbantis for mk 4 carbantis because they think "hey, mk 4 is higher than mk 3 so it's got to be better"

yeah it's a slippery slope, but shouldn't mk 4 be better than mk 3? :wink:
  • Additionally see this post about how the structure of rewards is completely off. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2249071#Comment_2249071