GC Madness - Championship Round

51cyy19aniyu.png
Hello Holotable Heroes,

It all comes down to this!

After four rounds, only two GCs remain standing, and they will now go head-to-head to vie for the crown.

Choose your preferred GC based on the modifiers for each of the locations, player and enemy squads. Rewards and other criteria associated with a specific GC (other than the modifiers listed above) should not be factored into your choices.

Although the survey link found here is where your votes will be cast, discussion in this thread is highly encouraged. Feel free to tell us why you chose the ones you did and kindly debate as to your favorite - or not-so-favorite - Galactic Challenges.

Within the survey, you will find images of the modifiers that apply to each GC for your reference. These images can be opened in new tabs if you need to get a closer look and you’re unable to zoom in. Additionally, each of the modifiers are pictured in the spoiler section below.
2z34bt7e4kgt.png
v6j430bha9n0.png
078t1uf9agez.png
n5aad1nyend8.png
8f0h93l9aefd.png
LINK TO SURVEY HERE.

The Championship Matchup (including the original seed number, start date, location, player and enemy factions, and win percentage from previous round): letgv08xs50e.png

As you can see from the image above, the original seed-numbers have been retained from the first round. On the far right side of the image, the win percentage from the last round is also included. This is the percentage of overall votes that particular GC took against its opponent in the previous round, be it because the GC was well-liked, or because the opposing GC was uh, not popular.

Thank you to all those who participated and engaged with GC Madness along the way!

Replies

• Voted for Courusaunt
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I know this is just for fun, but it would be nice to get the winning one as an extra bonus GC.

I went with Death Star GC for the win.
  • Coruscant
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • iZeta
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Sad to see this come to an end, really enjoyed voting for all these GC's and picking my favorites. No surprise the Jedi are facing off in the finals. I personally voted for the Death star one for the instant defeat modifier, super cool. Thanks again for putting this together Doja!
  • For me, it was Power Struggle versus Volatile Energies. The fact that Thrill Of The Hunt was there didn’t help the Death Star. I choose Coruscant. Volatile Energies is an awesome modifier, but Power Struggle is that on steroids. Plus I don’t really care for Thrill Of The Hunt. However, it was a hard choice, I love both the GC’s, and I’m sad that only one could win. This was one where no one lost; just one side won for me. It was a hell of an event, do things like this in the future CG(perhaps with Journey Guide events?), and Power Struggle ftw baby!
  • I chose Death Star as I love the modifier
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    I went with coruscant because I'm not a fan of easy GCs and I like the ones that are very challenging and difficult

Bounty Hunter as a faction is way too easy for the Jedi to beat, and the Death Star modifier lets you instant kill any problematic enemy units

Its an instant win button on top of an easy mode. Its the kind of GC where i put it on auto and call it a day
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I know this is just for fun, but it would be nice to get the winning one as an extra bonus GC.

I like this idea. I'll see what I can do!
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

I appreciate you looking in to it, Doja. I think something like this quarterly could be a fun way to engage the community similar how that MSF allows the community to vote on Blitz characters periodically. Maybe next time, favorite Assault Battle, favorite resource event, maybe even favorite TB once a year. I appreciated when CG made the effort to try to involve the community more back during the TW Ban Characters event. Though banning characters was not the greatest move, it was nice to see CG make that attempt to involve us more and hopefully we can see more in the future.

TLDR: Thanks for looking into it and I hope we can have more CG/Community engagement like this in the future.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

I appreciate you looking in to it, Doja. I think something like this quarterly could be a fun way to engage the community similar how that MSF allows the community to vote on Blitz characters periodically. Maybe next time, favorite Assault Battle, favorite resource event, maybe even favorite TB once a year. I appreciated when CG made the effort to try to involve the community more back during the TW Ban Characters event. Though banning characters was not the greatest move, it was nice to see CG make that attempt to involve us more and hopefully we can see more in the future.

TLDR: Thanks for looking into it and I hope we can have more CG/Community engagement like this in the future.
    New Assault Battles would be sick
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I would love to see some ship assault battles, but I do agree that more AB could definitely be fun. Maybe a Smugglers AB, OR AB, and Separatist AB. If they wanted to involve the community, maybe do something like this where the community votes on the player faction, the enemy faction(s), and maybe chose the AB special ability.

I would totally be okay with an Assault Battle where you had to fight the AT-ST, Terentek, Geo trio animals, and finally the Rancor.
  • HK22 wrote: »

Assault Battles Tournament. YES. CG, I need this.
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Do we know which GC won yet?
  • Do we know which GC won yet?

Yep! I'll have the post up later today.
  • Do we know which GC won yet?

Yep! I'll have the post up later today.

Ok!
  • Ultra wrote: »

We already have one that requires phoenixes...new one? R1 I guess?