You don't mean this...

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    What? Any rewards you have earned up to this point you will keep (except for the end of event box), you will be getting shards to compensate, plus the event will be restarted next week. You are also getting any spent resources back.

So you are actually gaining bonus currency, credits and shards by the end of the relaunched Conquest.

I really hope they keep my current progress and my inventory, I spent crystals to get where I am right now. If they reset to zero, I want a full refund for my efforts yesterday.

They've made it clear you'll get crystals returned that you spent on refreshes or Consumables next week.

Your progress, and everyone else's, will be reset. You'll lose your data disks and any Consumables.
  • Options
    I want my RNG kept the same.
    I had a literally perfect start - Every single data disk I wanted to run was in sector 1.
    This was going to save me crystals, save me conquest currency and save me a LOT of IRL time.

And all of this for... a bug that affects what, <1% of the relevant playerbase, if that?
    And what about the credits spent swapping mods? Those are just entirely gone. And the RC shards aren't even enough to make a difference in how many conquests are needed because I was putting off my second day until my stamina had increased a bit more because day 1 left most of my good chars at 10%, so I wasn't able to buy the sector 3 RC shards.

I don't normally complain about stuff like this, but I DO feel like we need more than just a refund and some practically useless shards (run the math on why that is) as compensation. Particularly seeing as this is massively affecting EVERYONE, not just those that own the character that was affected.

I'm sorry, but I value my own time at a higher value than I do 10 RC shards for around an hour of playtime.
    And regardless of perceived value of time, I'm STILL out like 400k credits from mod swapping. Possibly more.

At the least, I want 22 RC shards to put me back to even with the day 1 whales.
    That's not much to ask. This would let me unlock RC after this conquest instead of having to wait until the next one. Because there ARE people that are going to unlock it after this conquest now, and are going to have a potentially unfair advantage caused by a bug. Which honestly, is probably a bigger issue than the bug was in the first place.
  • Options
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    My biggest complain is that if someone spent crystals to reach the RC shards, he gets back the crystals, keeps the shards and gets the compensation as well, compared to others who didnt speed up their conquest and thus, could not obtain the RC shards. This seems like a slight advantage to me but definitely an unfair one.

I would call it compensation for the time spent 🤷‍♂️

Compensation for time spent?

You do realise it’s a game to play for fun right not a job?
    Do you go to Disneyland then demand compensation and a refund when the park shuts at the end of day?

Consumables purchased and not used should be refunded but that’s it.
  • Options
    I'm disappointed in losing my data disks, but only because I had had such amazing luck with them. Last time I was constantly stuck with multiple copies of the same disk as my only option.

This time I picked up Offense-auto buffs, defense auto-buffs, 2x permanent increase to offense every time you gain a buff, Cleanse all defuffs when gaining a buff (30%chance x 6 for all the auto-buffs), automatically inflict non-cleanseable healing immunity and armor shred when any enemy toon falls below 100% Health and a couple others.

In short, I was missing only cooldown-reset-on-buff, gain-TM-on-Buff, and +Speed% Bonus to have everything I wanted for my normal strategy. And cooldown-reset is quite common (I had already seen it). I had only passed it by because some other disks I need are less common (like Offense-auto-buff). +Speed% Bonus isn't strictly necessary, but it does mean that I save credits and time by not shifting mods around. So there was only one disk I didn't feel completely confident of getting before I started needing it in Sector 4, and I was only halfway through Sector 2.

It was awesome luck, after some pretty terrible luck with disks in S1 & S2 last time (don't feel bad for me, I got better luck later and still maxed rewards, I just didn't get there quite as easily as I might have).

I'm sure my luck next time won't be as good, but since I've already finished Conquest/Hard with terrible luck, I think 10 Razor Crest shards is a reasonable compensation for the bit of luck that I've lost.
  • Options
    The compensation is a joke!
    the reason I grin in this event is of course to get nice materials and zetas
    Also what do they mean with the text:
    “The 4th Conquest event will likely need to be shifted out to allow for a full length Conquest event when it is restarted later next week“

To me it sound as if one event will be lost because they cannot manage a full two weeks waiting between events.
    So the compensation is really just an insult, especially when you consider that they aren’t exactly shy when putting real money prices in the shops. They really need to explain why a long waiting time between events is so important
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    “The 4th Conquest event will likely need to be shifted out to allow for a full length Conquest event when it is restarted later next week“

To me it sound as if one event will be lost because they cannot manage a full two weeks waiting between events.
    So the compensation is really just an insult, especially when you consider that they aren’t exactly shy when putting real money prices in the shops. They really need to explain why a long waiting time between events is so important

This was the third Conquest. It was cancelled, and will be relaunched next week.

Because this one is now a week or so later, the fourth (the one after this) Conquest will need to have its launch date moved back.

No events are being lost. Just the start dates need to move by a week or so in order to accommodate the two week down period.
  • Options
    This was the third Conquest. It was cancelled, and will be relaunched next week.

Because this one is now a week or so later, the fourth (the one after this) Conquest will need to have its launch date moved back.

No events are being lost. Just the start dates need to move by a week or so in order to accommodate the two week down period. [/quote]

No events are being lost. Just the start dates need to move by a week or so in order to accommodate the two week down period.

But why is it so? Why not just have a shorter waiting time between events?
    I find he lack of good will from the developers disturbing.
    Especially considered this mess is caused by a mistake from them.

Why should we spend our time and energy next time knowing the any second all our progress can be taken away?

• Options
    My biggest complain is that if someone spent crystals to reach the RC shards, he gets back the crystals, keeps the shards and gets the compensation as well, compared to others who didnt speed up their conquest and thus, could not obtain the RC shards. This seems like a slight advantage to me but definitely an unfair one.

Do you go to Disneyland then demand compensation and a refund when the park shuts at the end of day?

But in this case, the "park" is not getting "shut at the end of day"
    Basically, you're getting kicked of the park 30 minutes in
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

But in this case, the "park" is not getting "shut at the end of day"
    Basically, you're getting kicked of the park 30 minutes in

Odd....the forums are usually so very good at analogy....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Conquest was cancelled two days in because one character, in rare instances, gets bugged in a fairly avoidable way.

No one likes it, except those Lukey few who were affected.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Wonderful, another boring cold and rainy weekend I had planned to engage and enjoy the exciting new game mode. But of course CG can’t have their act together and have this conquest season fully tested and ready to launch with 100% confidence in its development. How many times has this sort of thing happened now? I can probably remember 15-20 times. Why can’t you restart the Conquest now? There is no matchmaking involved so what’s the deal?

just like them to forget to check the weather at your house first.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Why should we spend our time and energy next time knowing the any second all our progress can be taken away?

Yeah, that's one helluva risk! But such is life....so fleeting. It can all be taken away in an instant....
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yeah, that's one helluva risk! But such is life....so fleeting. It can all be taken away in an instant....

True, this was a good reminder to not waste ones life looking at a small screen. There’s a real world with real people out there.
    Perhaps the developers did us a great favor reminding us to not spend so much time on their pixel world and above all not to spend our hard earned money in their shop...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

True, this was a good reminder to not waste ones life looking at a small screen. There’s a real world with real people out there.
    Perhaps the developers did us a great favor reminding us to not spend so much time on their pixel world and above all not to spend our hard earned money in their shop...

Or just keep in mind it's a game. And this setback is so inconsequential in the big scheme of things.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Options

Or just keep in mind it's a game. And this setback is so inconsequential in the big scheme of things.

It’s inconsequential even in the small scheme of things.
  • Options
    CG needs to get their priorities straight. This is a terrible overreaction and Conquest is the best thing that has happened in more than a year.
    The Undying Loyalty bug still persists after 1½ years, but this fringe bug needs to be fixed asap and Conquest taken down? Why not wait 15 days and live with it?
    They could just give us the information, perhaps some goodies (like they did anyway) and a medium stim pack to let us get him back above 40%.

If the game was run with a "100% never any bug" mentality, then I could get behind it. But (as John Oliver would say it) it's not. It is really not.
  • Options
    Isn't cancelling a 2-week event - and a very popular one at that - a bit over the top because of an issue with 1 character?
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Isn't cancelling a 2-week event - and a very popular one at that - a bit over the top because of an issue with 1 character?

It's not completely cancelled though, it's starting again next week.

I'd rather my JKL was working correctly for the final day of TB, and I'm sure anyone who is running his lead in arena would appreciate CG taking what they viewed as the most efficient route to a fix.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Why should we spend our time and energy next time knowing the any second all our progress can be taken away? [/quote]

Realistically speaking, because we know that most of the time our progress won't be taken from us. And because this time it isn't being taken from us--the event is being rebooted and if you made progress that resulted in rewards you get those rewards. Unless you're trying to make the point that you would do GC even if there were no rewards and that progress is the only thing that matters to you.

Philosophically speaking, you've just discovered Sartrian existentialism. He plagiarized Heideggar (and no one blamed him because Heideggar was a literal ****, even if "reluctantly," and Sartre was French. Winning a World War has unexpected benefits.) and Heideggar was a secularized Kierkegaard, which, himself, was a spiritualized Hegel. Read some books and you'll find out why we do things when, at any moment, a piano can fall on our head and end it all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    They really should compensate for the entire event, it’s content we should be doing and should be earning rewards from, since we can’t earn the rewards they should give us at the very least half of the entire box
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Everyone be looking for a handout, you got 10 free razor crest shards, what else* do you want
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddess wrote: »
    They really should compensate for the entire event, it’s content we should be doing and should be earning rewards from, since we can’t earn the rewards they should give us at the very least half of the entire box

Pretty sure they were very clear that this was an exhibition to iron out any potential issues. They don’t owe us anything.

https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options

But you can earn them, just a little later than expected.

I think they have acted swiftly to resolve an issue that could affect the TB stars achieved and, in some cases, a player's arena performance.

We had a little over 24 hours of Conquest. Whatever progress you made in that time, you'll be in the same place within 24 hours when it relaunches next week.

Just played with the free energy? No worries, play how you like. Spent crystals on Consumables and energy to get as far as you can as quickly as possible? No worries, let's get those crystals back to you.

Those that are earning top rewards in Conquest won't unlock Razor Crest any quicker. If you are rushing Razor Crest and earning top boxes, you'll be on 90 Blueprints just now if you bought the 12 blueprints on the first run. If you got 12 on this run by spending crystals, you are on 102. You'll unlock Razor Crest at the end of the rerun. If you didn't buy blueprints in this 24 hours, you'll still have the opportunity to buy 12 on the rerun, and unlock Razor Crest at the same time as someone that did.

You'll still get an end of event box with the restarted event. In addition, they are letting you keep all the credits and Conquest Currency you have earned, plus an apology freebie.

Nobody has a negative balance of anything here. OK, you may have got a cracking set of data disks on this run (I know I did), but that's all you are losing.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Sartre was French. Winning a World War has unexpected benefits.)

We lost in 2 weeks and still manage to be on the winning side. That’s how French we are.

About the topic: thx CG for the compensation, it’s like an extra mini-event with mini-rewards. Seems fair to me.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Nah, that would be unfair. Not everyone is as gung-ho about finishing these things quickly or, due to time zones, may have simply not had a lot of time to do the event. I was about to earn the first box when the event was truncated and I'm willing to bet at least half the players planned on really getting started over the weekend.
  • Anax33
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Philosophically speaking, you've just discovered Sartrian existentialism. He plagiarized Heideggar (and no one blamed him because Heideggar was a literal ****, even if "reluctantly," and Sartre was French. Winning a World War has unexpected benefits.) and Heideggar was a secularized Kierkegaard, which, himself, was a spiritualized Hegel. Read some books and you'll find out why we do things when, at any moment, a piano can fall on our head and end it all.

Philosophically speaking, you may have discovered philosophy in a mac donald happy meal.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Anax33 wrote: »

Philosophically speaking, you may have discovered philosophy in a mac donald happy meal.

This is an excellent addition to the conversation and furthers the discussion of the OP's topic in a helpful and useful manner.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Anax33 wrote: »

This is an excellent addition to the conversation and furthers the discussion of the OP's topic in a helpful and useful manner.

Helped as much as yours...