Military Might CT3 at g12?

Scuttlebutt
1190 posts Member
edited April 2021
I recently geared chewpio to g12 which today helped me beat challenge tier 2 of Military Might for the first time. I wanted to see how hard CT3 was, so I used my same g12 CLS team, and I was surprised that I got to wave 4 before losing anyone. So is it possible to do CT3 with only a g12 team?

My team was CLS, raid Han, chewie, chewpio, and c3po. C3PO is g13, but everyone else is g12 (some close to g13). Everyone on the team has good but not great mods. CLS is 271 speed and c3PO is 284 for reference. Everyone else is slower.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Probably not. Phase 8 will crush you.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    If you enter Wave 8 with absolutely perfect rng you might be able to pull it off. Hit Vader, hope he doesn't trigger taunt from the RGs, then c3po mass assist to kill him. Then work over Thrawn, then Palp.

It would require insane luck but they hit freakin' hard on Wave 8.
  • Options
    Thanks, that’s the input I was looking for. I tried again and nearly cleared wave 4 but couldn’t land enough stuns.
  • Options
    I completed CT3 for the first time today, pretty sure it was because I raised CLS from R3 to R5, although it took a second try and I borrowed some mods to speed him up more. CLS (L), RHan and Chewy, R6 and C3PO and Chewpio both R5.
    Vendi1983 seems to have the correct kill order and take on wave 8.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I have the same lineup with R7 Han & Chewie and have never beat it. I don’t know if there is a trick for modding, but I only give it 2-3 tries before I give up. It is such a time sink to hit 8th wave every time and fail.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'd file this under "probably possible but not worth the frustration"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'd file this under "probably possible but not worth the frustration"

Done 😂
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

....if you make it past 4.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    I have the same lineup with R7 Han & Chewie and have never beat it. I don’t know if there is a trick for modding, but I only give it 2-3 tries before I give up. It is such a time sink to hit 8th wave every time and fail.

Since my rebels are prerequisites levels for GL Luke I pass t3 every time. I use standard rebel modding (CD on Han/chewie, off 3po, Speed potency 3po. I used CD on cls and now speed, works the same), but I have decent mods tbh. So it’s probably a mod thing imo.

Killing Vader ASAP is key wave 8. If palp mass stun when Vader is still in da house it’s bad news. Then Thrawn, then Palp imo. GL on your final round !

In case it may be helpful for others, a few key points for the event:

1) Use the special,skill as your first move for everyone
    2) wave 4: stun Krennic then kill death troopers
    3) wave 8: as stated before, stun and kill Vader ASAP

• Options
    I find stunning vader with my first move a waste of time as thrawn always clears it straight off, so I stun thrawn. But after that, vader is top priority to kill. Though keep in mind the control on the team. TM removal from palp can be clutch.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Try and plan it so Chewpio kills a bunch of troopers on earlier waves with his AoE to build up his overall offense too.

Ensure you're going into Wave 8 with everything off cooldown. If you need to, use Chewie's second special on someone without protection in wave 7 to reset his AoE. Clearing buffs on Wave 8 can save your hide if you're in a bind.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

Since my rebels are prerequisites levels for GL Luke I pass t3 every time. I use standard rebel modding (CD on Han/chewie, off 3po, Speed potency 3po. I used CD on cls and now speed, works the same), but I have decent mods tbh. So it’s probably a mod thing imo.

Killing Vader ASAP is key wave 8. If palp mass stun when Vader is still in da house it’s bad news. Then Thrawn, then Palp imo. GL on your final round !

In case it may be helpful for others, a few key points for the event:

1) Use the special,skill as your first move for everyone
    2) wave 4: stun Krennic then kill death troopers
    3) wave 8: as stated before, stun and kill Vader ASAP

Same I am using great mods, however I was not using the special ability granted from the event, I will try that now.
  • Options
    Oh man - you need to use that special!
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Yep turns out I’m dumb. Got it first try with using the event special 1st turn.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

....if you make it past 4.

Clearing wave 4 is doable. I failed 3 consecutive stun attempts on the remaining death trooper and 1 failed Tm removal on krennic. If I had landed any of those, I would have been able to clear wave 4.

The chain of assists helps chewie keep CLS and Han at full protection. I just can’t keep chewpio up long enough to steam roll wave 4.